Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
three crashes in ten minutes since the latest update. Two of them I was getting into a tank and screen just locked up. yayyy

Devlin

Golden Squire
I'm really not getting all the love for the Ace 23, seems to jump all over the place, maybe I need more attachments for it.

Recently unlocked the CR sniper rifle, will probably stick to the srr-61but 50 marksmanship ribbons was a bitch to grind.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
three crashes in ten minutes since the latest update. Two of them I was getting into a tank and screen just locked up. yayyy
Bug from spawning on squadmates who are in an MBT / LAV. Just ask them to get out and spawn on them that way. Also, gunner guns aren't working for some, and it seems to be most prevalent for those who have gunner soflam for their perk, which sucks because it makes LAVs absolutely crazy anti-armor.

Edit: Really need to start recording some of our gameplay as of late; just had a double headshot out at 630m. The rage is juicy tonight, regardless.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Today is the start day of battlepacks everyday for the rest of the month, enjoy your 25% exps and battlelog pictures!

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The ACE 23 (and M416 / L85) is as high as your damage output gets with assault rifles before there's a huge jump to either lots of sway or lots of recoil or just plain awful. Making it the best medium range gun, plus a gun you can easily put a silencer on because there is absolutely no need for a brake or compensator. Players (on PC anyway) also prefer recoil over spread - because it's so easy to counter just by pulling down slightly on the mouse. So no love for the AUG or the F2000, despite their similar RPM and lower recoil.

Like basically any rifle other than LMGs an angled grip makes the most difference, unless your style is firing off 15 rounds at a time every time you pull the trigger.

Anything under medium range though the AEK or even FAMAS (puke) will shred someone using an ACE 23. There's always tradeoffs.

So I've been leveling up the ACE 52 and it's pretty great now that I have angled grip, but I just don't see slapping a silencer on a gun with a 400m/s muzzle velocity being a good idea, and I feel like a fool running any gun without one. (which makes the ACE 23 annoying - the standard silencer is broken and never unlocks, you have to get lucky in a battlepack) I guess I'll just stick with AK 5C outside of DM games. I hate to wuss out and use such an easy, controllable gun (therefore boring) but, everything past 700 RPM in carbines is just garbage past shotgun range. The AK is unique as far as carbines go, it's the only carbine where I feel comfortable hosing down someone who is the size of a pixel on my screen.

Off to DM to dick with the AS Val. This should be amusing. (holy recoil!)

EDIT: Also, symptic finally has China Rising guns I see. And now I understand why I liked the L85 so much but couldn't put my finger on why it was awkward to use at times. 4 degree/sec recoil recovery.. what the fuck? That's over 4 times slower than any other assault rifle. I tested it at the range and nope, not a misprint. The only way to use the gun is to hose people with it.

Morsakin

The ACE 23 (and M416 / L85) is as high as your damage output gets with assault rifles before there's a huge jump to either lots of sway or lots of recoil or just plain awful. Making it the best medium range gun, plus a gun you can easily put a silencer on because there is absolutely no need for a brake or compensator. Players (on PC anyway) also prefer recoil over spread - because it's so easy to counter just by pulling down slightly on the mouse. So no love for the AUG or the F2000, despite their similar RPM and lower recoil.

Like basically any rifle other than LMGs an angled grip makes the most difference, unless your style is firing off 15 rounds at a time every time you pull the trigger.

Anything under medium range though the AEK or even FAMAS (puke) will shred someone using an ACE 23. There's always tradeoffs.

So I've been leveling up the ACE 52 and it's pretty great now that I have angled grip, but I just don't see slapping a silencer on a gun with a 400m/s muzzle velocity being a good idea, and I feel like a fool running any gun without one. (which makes the ACE 23 annoying - the standard silencer is broken and never unlocks, you have to get lucky in a battlepack) I guess I'll just stick with AK 5C outside of DM games. I hate to wuss out and use such an easy, controllable gun (therefore boring) but, everything past 700 RPM in carbines is just garbage past shotgun range. The AK is unique as far as carbines go, it's the only carbine where I feel comfortable hosing down someone who is the size of a pixel on my screen.

Off to DM to dick with the AS Val. This should be amusing. (holy recoil!)

EDIT: Also, symptic finally has China Rising guns I see. And now I understand why I liked the L85 so much but couldn't put my finger on why it was awkward to use at times. 4 degree/sec recoil recovery.. what the fuck? That's over 4 times slower than any other assault rifle. I tested it at the range and nope, not a misprint. The only way to use the gun is to hose people with it.
Well, to be fair the reason most are abstaining from the AUG and L85 is because the bullpup modifier (e.g. increased strafing speed while ADS'ed, which is incredibly useful) is currently bugged in that it is either only present when the gun possesses no optic / iron sights or isn't there at all.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So had a few times today and yesterday where I literally 4 feet away shooting someone right on target, but no hit indicators. Almost like they just spawned, but they are moving/shooting just fine.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
The Ace-23 is my most used weapon, I have 1.5k kills with it. And I agree it jumps like a motherfucker. I recently switched to the SAR-21 and I'm enjoying it a lot more. Will play more games tomorrow with it.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
The Ace-23 is my most used weapon, I have 1.5k kills with it. And I agree it jumps like a motherfucker. I recently switched to the SAR-21 and I'm enjoying it a lot more. Will play more games tomorrow with it.
I only started using it recently over the Scar-H because of the larger mag which has been key for when I have to take out 3+ guys in a very short window.

Morsakin

It's actually pretty great since I put a silencer on it.

So far really the only gun I use that hasn't felt heavily gimped with a silencer.
Silencers are generally a must on Op Lock, Zavod, etc., or Domination in general. The utility of keeping yourself off of the minimap provides so much benefit compared to anything else you might equip in its place. Besides, it's not like recoil for anything is huge. Almost everyone I'm running with now is just using angled grip to make up for the lack of muzzle brake so as to increase burst tightness alongside the silencer. Also, laser sight (just make sure you're not a tard and turn it off when you don't need it) to make up for the decreased hip spread associated with suppressors. I just wish they weren't always the very last pre-battlepack-roulette unlock for each weapon, which is especially annoying as I attempt to master as many weapons as possible.

Oh, and apparently the LS06-whatever suppressor for the SCAR doesn't nerf it's round velocity as much as the other variants do, according to some analysis conducted on the symthic forums. Figured I'd share.

Side note: SV 98; worst long range bolt action ever. Ever. 2.5x the drop of the SRR with lower bullet velocity. It's painful.

blehh_sl

shitlord
Anyone want to play in a tournament with our team in like an hour? We thought it was next week, but its pretty soon and we need a few guys.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Silencers are generally a must on Op Lock, Zavod, etc., or Domination in general. The utility of keeping yourself off of the minimap provides so much benefit compared to anything else you might equip in its place. Besides, it's not like recoil for anything is huge. Almost everyone I'm running with now is just using angled grip to make up for the lack of muzzle brake so as to increase burst tightness alongside the silencer. Also, laser sight (just make sure you're not a tard and turn it off when you don't need it) to make up for the decreased hip spread associated with suppressors. I just wish they weren't always the very last pre-battlepack-roulette unlock for each weapon, which is especially annoying as I attempt to master as many weapons as possible.

Oh, and apparently the LS06-whatever suppressor for the SCAR doesn't nerf it's round velocity as much as the other variants do, according to some analysis conducted on the symthic forums. Figured I'd share.

Side note: SV 98; worst long range bolt action ever. Ever. 2.5x the drop of the SRR with lower bullet velocity. It's painful.
This. Because when I don't have a silencer(Aka unlocking guns like I did recently with LMGs) that shit sucks. As soon as you fire people are turning and coming/firing right at your position. I only play conquest.

Morsakin

Apparently we've enraged the hive of baddies known as the battlefield 4 subreddit:http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_...ms_he_told_me/

It still to this day sincerely befuddles me, as to why anyone would think that playing with our friends is an event to be avoided, so that the rest of the server, a group of (most likely) terrible players whom we'll never meet again, can have more fun. Last I checked we all play this individually for our own personal satisfaction. FPS' by default are generally predicated on someone having fun at the expense of someone else. We just happen to be on the beneficial side of it. Always. When adding skilled players into the mix, especially in coordinated groups, this discrepancy will inevitably increase. If you're in the server we're farming and don't have the sense to leave if it enrages you so much that you're essentially spending your Friday / Saturday nights being farmed in an online video game, I have no pity for you.

It's like everything that's wrong with the gaming industry today thrown into a single thread over there right now. Whatever happened to taking a licking back in the old days and not creating a massive glaring butthurt thread for all the world to see? If you were thrown into a game against competitive players, you did your best, and that was that.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Case in point, I've left all three servers I tried to play on this morning because they were all one sided shit stompings to the order of 300-50 all being handed out by crews of people with 200+ pings.