Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
BC2 had all of the best rush maps. Rush is fucking unplayable in BF4 on most of the maps they have now.

spronk

FPS noob
i wish they would announce a dinosaur mode DLC, all would be forgiven. until then, this looks pretty damn fun

Devlin

Golden Squire
Devlin, have you had any of the choppy character issues?

ps4 floats around 75-85% connection to the house wifi, server ping is always good. I lowered smoothing out to 20 a few weeks ago, but didn't notice any of this at the time.
Sorry didn't get back to you earlier.

Yeah the online lag is bad but it comes and goes as far as rubber-banding goes. The whole concept of the game is perhaps a little overy ambitious for the level of network that we're at, 64 players, vehicles, explosions, damage to maps, I can slightly understand why they struggle to make the game 100% lag free and extremely accurate.

Today tried out recon with MTAR 21 + motion balls and beacon, holy shit is that a nice and effective playstyle.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Sorry didn't get back to you earlier.

Yeah the online lag is bad but it comes and goes as far as rubber-banding goes. The whole concept of the game is perhaps a little overy ambitious for the level of network that we're at, 64 players, vehicles, explosions, damage to maps, I can slightly understand why they struggle to make the game 100% lag free and extremely accurate.

Today tried out recon with MTAR 21 + motion balls and beacon, holy shit is that a nice and effective playstyle.
TUGS is better if you have that, even if you are super mobile place it at a choke point and rake in the XP.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
A random snippet I figured I'd share in regards to body part damage multipliers that randomly came up last night, which illustrates one reason among countless others as to why you should be running defensive perk: 33% reduction in buckshot damage to chest / arms.

If you're using a shotgun however, and want to get around Defensive, use Flechette; there is no favorable damage multiplier effective against it.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Valparaiso was definitely the best rush map. Tragedy they haven't brought it back in the past 2 games.

bayr_sl

shitlord
There were a lot of bad ass rush maps in BC2. I wish they'd make a set of maps specifically designed for it again, it was just great gameplay. Maybe in BC3

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I never liked rush, I do however LOVE the new game mode Obliteration. Like others have put it: "football with guns and explosives" just sucks being the bomb carry most of the time and the mode is terrible for your K/D ratio if you play it aggressively like I do. Last map I went like 40/60 with 2 plants.

Bellicose_sl

shitlord
After the newest PC patch game have frozen up more times today than the last 3 months combined. its awesome
TrainWreck1.gif

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It wasn't base defense.

It was conquest in the first phase. There were 5 capture points spread across a normal map, each one having a huge missile launcher at it. The missile launcher fires periodically when you hold a point, damaging the other team's titan's shield. Once you get the shield down you have to land on the enemy titan via various means (helicopters and the launch pods on the APC-type vehicles) and begin assaulting the 4 consoles (basically like MCOM stations) inside the titan. Doing so means you pretty much have to give up on the ground game, so the other team can cap all the launchers and bring down your shields as well if they're feeling adventurous. Once the 4 consoles go down inside the titan, the reactor core gets opened up and you have to blow it up by pounding it with explosives.

It seems like it would be hard to re-create because a carrier doesn't have energy shields and there aren't APCs that launch infantry thousands of yards. You would have to spawn a bunch of jetskis and helis or something. But once you got on the carrier it could play out a lot like titan mode where you have a bunch of MCOM stations that have to be blown up before the reactor room is exposed. Maybe they do away with the shields and the capture points are what spawn the vehicles you need to land on the enemy carrier.

Titan mode also had a bunch of bugs because the titans were mobile so there was a lot of rubber banding while walking around inside the titan. That was easily fixed by making the titan stationary once the shield went down.

EDIT: Oh I just read that. Maybe the Hovercraft has some kind of infantry launcher.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Looks like Preload for Second Assault is rolling out now. 7gb dl ish I think.
Launch in 3.5 hours.

Barring any major issues....

faille

Molten Core Raider
Couple of annoying bugs in Metro. Can't res in the water near the US spawn point which makes it really hard to push and cap C if you lose it.
And the glass sliding doors near A, the russian side, appear to be bullet proof which is pretty shitty.

Sulrn

Deuces
Couple of annoying bugs in Metro. Can't res in the water near the US spawn point which makes it really hard to push and cap C if you lose it.
And the glass sliding doors near A, the russian side, appear to be bullet proof which is pretty shitty.
I didn't think the no rez thing in the water was a bug. The invulnerable glass definitely bugs the piss out of me. So many lvg spammers would die on that back corner if you could shoot through the glass.