Battletech

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I think the majority of the players don't give a hoot about the story, as long as it involves more campaign, bigger mechs, and lots of OP shit.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I want them to pretend MW2 never happened and dedicate a campaign to the Refusal War.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

HK976

Trakanon Raider
If they want to go all clan vs clan, they could drop us right into the clan wolverine shennanigans...even have you fight the breakout into the periphery from clan space.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
The Refusal war would be tits. I wouldn't mind a post second exodus Kerensky return for when the clans really got started.

edit: It probably won't happen but multiplayer with company vs company would be amazing as well. 3v3 with each player controlling a lance.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Do +morale comm systems stack? ie equip a +2 on one mech and +3 on another?

Sludig

Found a wierd +2 dmg lrm 10. Issue is all the LRM's do what is it 2 dmg? Then +1 was 3. I have some +2's on other sizes that did 4.. (2+2) But this lrm in inventory states +2 dmg but shows it as 5. Not sure if it's actually doing that damage vs display error. (havnt ran it)

leaf

Decline Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Had a sensible chuckle when the first thing I did with the SLDF Highlander was DFA a light mech and be rewarded with a "Highlander Burial" achievement. Fun game made by true tabletop nerds like me.

• 1Like

Sludig

Last few side missions, been 4.5 - 5 skulls. Enemies have been 25% of max armor..... cake walk. Not sure wtf why. Just a random planet in Taurian space that had high rating.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
No one ever complained but I thought it was odd you get salvaged mechs instantly of use and armed, unlike I thought in mech commander when you receive them mostly stripped and fucked up. Meanwhile you can't create multiple saved load outs and takes a fair bit of time bringing shit out of storage as opposed to the mech you blew off a fucking side torso and a leg.

Broken Salvaged Mechs

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Found a wierd +2 dmg lrm 10. Issue is all the LRM's do what is it 2 dmg? Then +1 was 3. I have some +2's on other sizes that did 4.. (2+2) But this lrm in inventory states +2 dmg but shows it as 5. Not sure if it's actually doing that damage vs display error. (havnt ran it)

Weapons have multiple possible manufacturers. Each manufacturere can have different base dmg, acc., stab dmg, etc.

See this chart for more info: Weapons

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Called it quits around the story mission to capture the ammunition depot. Just not my cup of tea.

• 1Seriously?

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
Called it quits around the story mission to capture the ammunition depot. Just not my cup of tea.
that mission was infuriating trying to track down the 2 APCs that escape. First time I played it they both were pretty beat up and I just sent my lightest mech to shoot them at their spawn which got him shot to shit by all 8 of the mechs in the complex so I restarted and they both spawned with full armor and I had to focus fire both to get them before they zoomed off. Gave up on the third retry and just blasted ammo boxes.

I'm in late game now and the difficulty levels are still all over the place and I'm feeling no ill will about save scumming for a nearly destroyed mech jump jetting across the map and one shotting one of my veteran heavy guys with a flying elbow drop to the head. It definitely has fun moments but the cheap stuff just seems super cheap and not like I really messed up like in XCOM2. Even playing conservatively there are just too many "tough shit, RNG" moments that feel completely out of my control on top of constantly missing 95% chance to hit shots.

I never played the tabletop, is this pretty consistent with the gameplay and how turns work (alternating sides inside of initiative level)?

I want to finish it up but in the beginning I was definitely doing the "just one more mission" thing like in XCOM where I'd realize a few hours later that I'd done maybe 5 or 6 more instead of 1, now I'm kind of just trying to actually get through one mission without something shitty happening

Sludig

WTF!!!! @ bullshit starvation mission with the wounded folk you are preventing apc's from reaching various things. Other than game needing you to have ESP about landings behind you etc. Take my fastest assault sprinting but doesnt matter when the wounded barracks transport gets there on what turn 3? I think even with a light I wouldnt arrive in time and if a light and survive bombing past 3 enemy mechs, then I doubt I'd have the firepower to kill the apc if it's another fatty Sleipnir.......

Got gg because the ones at start on right arrive to the cap on turn god damn 2, turn one they are pretty much out of sight behind the drop ship, then sprint 1000 meters for the cap. Basically blocked that via turn 1 sprinting a mech to base of ramp so I could smush it. Otherwise my lrm boats usually were unable to 1 shot any of the tough ones except on a lucky roll (even using precision shot on the side armor) Mech I was using for the rescue had the ac20 which on previous attempts was pretty good about one shotting them for some reason (still does less damage than their total armor on the faces it hit)

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I failed that mission at least 3 times.

I think you can physically block the entrances as a backup plan.

Sludig

I failed that mission at least 3 times.

I think you can physically block the entrances as a backup plan.
I'm mostly triggered about the barracks thing, I just dont see how you can do it except maybe the light rushing in to sensor while rest LRM it, but then your ignoring the other ones rushing in. I did notice it said 10tons on the barracks apc that doesnt count as one of the other 6, so maybe it is super squishy.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
You can do it in a few of the speedier mediums, griffin and wolverine etc with max jumpjets. Jump of 5-6 hexes each turn and they can still shoot a bit while on their way.

The first time you do the mission though I think has to be 100% fail rate though. Just no way in fuck to know about all the different spawn locations and shit.

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
It is indeed a 10 ton supersquishy precisely so a fast light mech can kill it. I used my highlander to deal with the 2 apcs coming around the dropship with only 2 turns to get to cap, my grasshopper assassin sprinted up the hill and jumped over the wall to take the barracks apc, my missileboat moved towards the barracks to be in support range and to kill the apc heading in from that side, my grasshopper scout helped in center then both it and my missileboat headed south to get the last 2 APCs that get dropped in there, while my highlander dealt with the center stuff after dealing with its 2 APCs, with the grasshopper assassin dealing with the mechs up near the barracks after killing the commando apc.

The assassin loadout is lethal- 7 MLs and 6 MGs, jump in right in front or behind the target and called shot CT and one-shot anything 65 tons or less, pretty much.

For the enthusiastic- you can do a 6 ML and 6 MG assassin loadout on a @&@^%$ Firestarter if you want. The armor is very light so you have to be careful to not eat counterfire, but its a light mech so with the right pilot you can reserve till the end of the turn, jump in and fire at point-blank, then fire again and jump out to safety as the first move in the next turn. Almost nothing survives back-to-back volleys like that, even an Atlas. Just need the move-after-firing skill and youre golden. Even nastier once you start getting +damage MLs. Very crunchy, but better jump range than the Grasshopper for getting its opportunities.

Last edited:

Sludig

I just moved on past that mission, but does make me think I may drop 4 assaults for keeping 1 fast heavy.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Meh, there was another turn timed mission with generators that I brought a jump jetting maxed grasshopper to that trivialized it. But generally I'm dropping with max tonnage.