Battletech

HK976

Trakanon Raider

Expansion news got sent out today. They are adding a few new mechs (still no warhammer or marauder) and linked missions.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
My highest hope for the BattleTech universe is that they'd fix the multiplayer aspect of it. How to do that without fixing gamers and how jaded they are as a whole, is beyond my payscale though.

But yah, looks awesome.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Finally! I had stopped playing rogue tech afyer losing a couple weeks save because steam forced an update and shitty mod source also had alm update adding other mods and didn't keep older file versions available.... shame i liked it a lot.

Didn't help i guess the main mod person is a rabid blue hair sjw and was sone drama over then getting triggered by dumb shit.

Sludig

Only 3 mechs sucks especially one being boring ass crab when we already have best crab. Other better options even keeping to early setting mech.

Id like to see content come faster, ideally this one adds more mechanics then thru can start pushing more content as far as mechs and timeline so we axtually have ams etc.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
3 mechs seems weak. Encounters and missions...ok.

Only 3 mechs sucks especially one being boring ass crab when we already have best crab. Other better options even keeping to early setting mech.

I really feel like they needed to either adds quirks like MWO did, or have more build options. Following canon is fine, but it doesn't take long to figure out which mechs have the most free tonnage and that's one of the biggest drivers for builds (for me, at least).

I love the Crab in MWO.

My big question on this is the pricepoint.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I'm guessing $9.99. Prolly less.

Unless it's a full new campaign. Anywhere from $20-25.

Dunno. Too early to tell.

Sludig

I imagine $20-30. Assumong they believe its similiar tontheir other game expansions. Does sound like a fair amount of mechanical and system changes so its not like just some skins and dialogue. Im hoping 15-20 would be about most id pay.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Flashpoint is out and so is the Season Pass...for 50 bucks. Which is hysterical to me because I think I paid 20 dollars or less for every single one of their Shadowrun games put together but they think I'm gonna shell out 80-90 bucks for this one?

Get bent.

*edit*

To clarify, Flashpoint itself is 20 bucks, so presumably Urban Warfare and the third expansion will be 20 bucks a piece as well.

• 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I loved the game, but I’m not spending $50 on a bit of mission sequence coding.

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I'll wait until everything is out and bundled together for $30 or something.
This.

I saw this on Steam, and sat there scratching my head.

Why would I buy the package now? Hell, I have so many games to play, I don't even feel the need to buy Flashpoint. And it's not like people don't wait until stuff is discounted on Steam, anyways. And not only is there no discount for buying the bundle in advance, there isn't that much meat on the bone to begin with.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I won't be, until/unless they offer those packs at a discount.

Maybe if they go 50% off on a Steam sale.

Maybe.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I haven't bought the season pass or anything yet. I am in the same boat as Erronius. Besides I am about to put a 100+ hours back into Pathfinder when the stuff drops in a couple of days.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rime

<Donor>
Steam Summer sale should be the last week or so of the month. Maybe some discount then.

I am still salty about buying the game at full price, then the cost being cut in half a month or two later.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
CCCCCCCCombo breaker! Necro!

So I binged three games over the holidays - Path of Exile, Mechwarrior 5 and this. Of all three, I think this has been my fav. I was an original backer and casual Beta player, but dropped it early in lieu of other games.

I am really bad at games now, I hate getting old. I find my patience has gotten far lower while playing games, and my strategy tends to wane the longer I play a game. So I plan and play and plan and play and then just start YOLOing missions. This seems to actually work in Mech 5 as speed and aggression are generally rewarded but the balance in Battletech means I get wrecked a lot if I just try to bull through missions. The best example was an early Ammo Crate story mission where you had to actually have a "strategy" to beat the odds against you.

Anyhow, I am still really enjoying it - I have not gotten any of the expansions due to the fact I haven't even scratched the original campaign, and I don't think I have seen them on sale yet?