Bed

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Ive been using the same bed frame and mattresses for many years now and its literally imploding beneath me. Any day now the whole thing will collapse and squash my cat who likes to sleep under it

I dont know anything about any of this. Ive been basically using the same wooden frame, low profile bed with a box spring and a foam mattress on top of it for almost a decade, but i think im ready for something new for the long haul.

This is similar to what i got

ikea-malm-bed_1.jpg

some of the questions i have...

are metal frames preferred over wooden frames quality wise? i think i want one of those iron wrought frames with a metal headboard that sit high off the ground

what mattresses to stay away and what to look at? i dont know anything about them.

i assume i will get ripped off at a brick and mortar store, so what are good places to shop online for this stuff? or am i getting ripped off the other way?

any other tips on saving some cash on this and finding the right product would be greatly appreciated

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
If you get a pillow-top mattress, make sure it is 2-sided so you can flip it occasionally. 1-sided will wear out a lot quicker.

Memory foam is great but it is expensive as hell, and sex on memory foam sucks(no bounce, have to work a lot harder)

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Dunno, I always though the point of a pillow top was that it was just more comfortable/soft? They'll still sag if you leave them in 1 orientation forever without flipping/turning.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Lots of good feedback here.

I'm just gonna sleep and fuck on the floor.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Have you tried taking that neighbor of yours shopping? Test beds with her. Shopping date. Bitches like shopping.

Silence_sl

shitlord
I bought a Serta Perfect Sleeper 4 years ago. Non-pillow top, no-flip type. It's the same now as when I bought it...no sags or lumps.

Easily the best purchase I've ever made. I paid $800 or $900 for the whole lot, plus another $300 for a nice iron headboard.

Took me a week to get used to it, but after that...damned near perfect sleep every night, and next to no waiting to fall asleep once head hits pillow.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Have you tried taking that neighbor of yours shopping? Test beds with her. Shopping date. Bitches like shopping.
Turns out neighbor is bipolar and I was only banging one of her personalities. Her other one isnt that fond of me.

So things are kinda up in the air right now.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I bought a Serta Perfect Sleeper 4 years ago. Non-pillow top, no-flip type. It's the same now as when I bought it...no sags or lumps.

Easily the best purchase I've ever made. I paid $800 or $900 for the whole lot, plus another $300 for a nice iron headboard.

Took me a week to get used to it, but after that...damned near perfect sleep every night, and next to no waiting to fall asleep once head hits pillow.
Im gonna look into that. Where did you buy it?

Additionally, how is that a fucking mattress costs more than a smartphone? Im sure the materials required arent that expensive and the level of sophistication is clearly less.

What a fucking ripoff industry.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah Beds are ridiculously overpriced. I laugh everytime I hear of someone buying a sleep number. Talk about a scam of a bed.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
sounds like a good place to find a deal on a mattress now