Bedbugs - A story

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Had to deal with some as part of my move (presumably one of the hotels on the move down had a few we picked up in the luggage - the one and only time I will ever use cheap hotels in my life - no idea if the odds of getting some will be lower with the expensive ones, but it was the first time I cheaped out and got bedbugs so... fuck it, I'm going back to spending a bit from now on... since we did 4 days of different hotels to split up the drive we don't even have a specific one to yell at) - kept trying to handle it myself rather than just getting an exterminator and while many of the methods (diatomaceous earth, etc) did reduce them enough to have them under control a while we'd always end up seeing another a week or so later.

Exterminator wasn't cheap, but it was a one and done thing - apparently he was worried about having to deal with them again, but going on around 7 months since he treated and still not seen another yet.

But yea, don't fuck with the things, and the passive treatment like was shown earlier (used the exact interceptors and similar but different brand mattress/box spring cover x2) did keep them away from the bed barring dragging bedding while we were getting the problem finally annihilated - but anything beyond that, get a professional.

And on the bedbug dogs - considering how much odor the damn things have - I'm shocked they're that hit or miss. The ones that sniff electronics and drugs seem to be considered amazingly successful, and bedbug odor is pretty noticeable once you've dealt with them.

But again, don't let the problem spiral at all - one of the worst experiences of my life.
Dogs sniffing sniffing shit out is and being reliable is on the level of polygraphs.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I think he said dogs can smell when you're lying. But it wasn't regular english. It was pigeon english or cockney or something like that.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Well the dog came through and found nothing. I've found nothing checking for a 3rd time, think I'm out of the woods.

If I ever see my Brother's "friend" again though I'm going to clock him one.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Someone help me, is this english?
Because if it is, i will get my head checked for tumors.
Dogs sniffing, sniffing shit out, is, and being reliable; is on the level of polygraphs.

?

Well the dog came through and found nothing. I've found nothing checking for a 3rd time, think I'm out of the woods.

If I ever see my Brother's "friend" again though I'm going to clock him one.
you sure you don't want to just invest in the encasements and passive traps, just in case... did you see the pics!

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I always carry minimal everything into a hotel. I check for bedbugs, and will willingly walk starkers naked after a long, hot shower to my car where I keep a set of clothes to avoid picking them up. I'm scared to get those things.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Someone help me, is this english?
Because if it is, i will get my head checked for tumors.
Note 4 in action lol. Was trying to say dogs smelling things is usually bullshit on the level of polygraphs.