Bedding Thread (NSFW)

Szlia

About pillows, I have been using forever pillows that are filled with bran which is pretty good because it offers both firm support (I find "bouncy" foam or feather pillows uncomfortable) and malleability, while also being not too warm.

EDIT: A similar but a little more granular filling is the chaff of buckwheat seeds.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Some people need memory foam because it's the only thing they'll ever have in their bed that will remember them....

Also, back pain for stomach sleepers usually means either a mattress that's not firm enough, or you carry a disproportionate amount of weight in your midsection... tubby.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd be interested to hear from anyone who spent the cash on Sheex bedding wether it be sheets or pillows.

I await your reviews.
My mom has Sheex in her guest bedroom. They were fucking awesome, although they're a bit warm. Absolutely the most comfortable (soft) sheets I've ever slept on.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
My mom has Sheex in her guest bedroom. They were fucking awesome, although they're a bit warm. Absolutely the most comfortable (soft) sheets I've ever slept on.
I'm more interested to know what your mom has in her bedroom.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
One of the problems I had sleeping on my stomach was that I also slept with my arm extended between the bed and the pillow. Laying like that for hours over the course of years eventually caused a bad strain in my lat and traps. Since I moved to sleeping on my side and a side sleeper pillow, all that pain has gone away, as well as some pain that was starting to develop in my lower back. Most mornings, after the lady gets up to go shower and get ready for work, I steal her pillow and snooze for about 20 minutes on my stomach. It still feels great and more restful sometimes. Really a lot of that depends on how hungover I am though.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
Anyone ever try these bed cooling things?

http://www.ecogeek.org/efficiency/767

Do they work fairly well? I sometimes find myself in the predicament of not wanting the air conditioning on (the crappy placement means it blows air directly on me) but also the bed getting too hot.
I know you said you don't want it blowing directly on you, but have you considered installing a ceiling fan in your bedroom? If there is enough space that it won't chop off your head of course.

The idea of the bed cooling thing is interesting but I can't imagine anything the Japanese create for sleep could be a good thing...

rrr_img_14993.jpg

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
About pillows, I have been using forever pillows that are filled with bran which is pretty good because it offers both firm support (I find "bouncy" foam or feather pillows uncomfortable) and malleability, while also being not too warm.

EDIT: A similar but a little more granular filling is the chaff of buckwheat seeds.
I always had a shitty time sleeping on regular pillows. They were always too damn hot and hurt my neck when i woke up. Got myself a buckwheat pillow and its fucking great. Stays cool and supports my head in any position. Shit is boss.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Get a sleep number and the linen you put on it hardly matters. Travelling and having to sleep on different beds just sucks ass now after owning one.

Kenadul

Golden Knight of the Realm
Get a sleep number and the linen you put on it hardly matters. Travelling and having to sleep on different beds just sucks ass now after owning one.
I travel a lot and every sleep number I have slept on in hotels have been the worst beds I've ever slept on. It could be that they are cheaper versions in hotels or old but damn they are awful.