Beetlejuice 2

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Shit, I forgot the Otho was dead. That's probably his grave they're at and we're all going to pretend Jones never existed.
yeah, it sucks, he was a fun actor. i think the last thing i saw him in was Demolition Man playing basically the same character he played in Beetlejuice.
i remember as a kid asking my dad why Otho ran out crying when Beetlejuice zapped his clothes. my dad had to explain to me why a leisure suit was lame and Otho would see it as a crime to wear one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

No Geena and Alec stinks, but lore wise they could make it work. They could just say that they got a voucher or their caseworker was able to move them to the next plane of existence so they didn't have to haunt the house anymore.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yeah, I don't know why this was made. And have no real hope.

Burton hasn't really made anything good in years. nothing interesting to say at all as a director.

Writer one: I am number four, charlies angles tv reboot, smallville, shannar achronicles, into the badlandes, wednesday.
Writer two: same.

I just have no idea why this is being made.

Juvarisx

Florida
Shit, I forgot the Otho was dead. That's probably his grave they're at and we're all going to pretend Jones never existed.

Nah its Jeffery Jones grave, you can see it in the trailer actually

1711208736543.png

Enhance!

1711208749832.png

Anyways they prob did have discussions about bringing back Davis and Baldwin, but this looks more like a movie focused on Bettlejuice rather then him being a supporting character. Also you would prob have to digitally de-age them which drives up cost, and who really wants to see them anyways.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I want this to be bad and I want it to fail. I will be disappointed if it’s good and does well. Especially if I end up having to take my wife to see it. I am entering and accepting my old man phase of movie watching.

• 1Great Review
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I want this to be bad and I want it to fail. I will be disappointed if it’s good and does well. Especially if I end up having to take my wife to see it. I am entering and accepting my old man phase of movie watching.

It'll be a C+ and everyone will just be happy it didn't choke on its own vomited shit.

• 1Barf

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Some thoughts on this. This style of movie was wildly popular in the 80s and first half of the 90s. The "dark" comedy that really was playfully dark instead of tragically dark and was much more comedy.

This isn't a remake or reboot, it's a sequel with a lot of the original cast unlike Ghostbusters. I understand why people are skeptical but this is a style of movie that has gone the way of the dodo but would actually be great if they started leaning into it correctly again.

I don't have any expectations but it, at least on the surface, feels like it has a chance to recapture that style. Which I would be all for.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Nah its Jeffery Jones grave, you can see it in the trailer actually

View attachment 521125

Enhance!

View attachment 521126

Anyways they prob did have discussions about bringing back Davis and Baldwin, but this looks more like a movie focused on Bettlejuice rather then him being a supporting character. Also you would prob have to digitally de-age them which drives up cost, and who really wants to see them anyways.
I assume the castrati children's choir is part of the joke then?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ya. I will see this in theatre's. I cracked a smile a couple times during the trailer. Memberberries.

I hope they focus on Keaton.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Not going to get my hopes up dammit
its a 2024 movie, why would you get your hopes up? if its passable, then it exceeded all expectations. passable means Keaton being Keaton. if he is in a large chunk of the movie, then it will be good. if they only have him be in it for 2 minutes and then a bunch of female cringe throughout. yeah that would be bad. its got a mostly female cast. that is worrying.

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Even if it's female focused they are all great. Burton just sucks the last few decades. He's very good at destroying things you like/love

Planet of the apes with Marky Mark then makes an awesome movie like big fish. Wtf

• 2Like