Beetlejuice 2

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
what if we're all ghosts and hell is reading this thread
here's one. do the ghosts in the recently deceased building consider themselves ghosts? wouldnt they need live humans to see them for them to be considered a ghost? where do the recently deceased go after they are registered in the database or whatever the fuck that place is? also, if Beetlejuice was killed by a sandworm and ends up in the recently deceased waiting room, does that mean he was never a ghost, but was alive somehow with ghostworld powers?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

here's one. do the ghosts in the recently deceased building consider themselves ghosts? wouldnt they need live humans to see them for them to be considered a ghost? where do the recently deceased go after they are registered in the database or whatever the fuck that place is? also, if Beetlejuice was killed by a sandworm and ends up in the recently deceased waiting room, does that mean he was never a ghost, but was alive somehow with ghostworld powers?
I think this was all explained to a satisfactory end in the animated show. So you will need to watch it to get the proper enjoyment from this IP.

• 1Worf

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Theory on the sandworm bit

it’s been forever since I saw the movie, but exorcisms appear to harm ghosts by making them decay and rot away. This suggests that ghosts need a certain level of energy to function and exorcisms remove that energy, effectively “killing the ghost”. Or at the very least in the physical realm

The sandworm realm wasn’t the afterlife proper, it was sort of a limbo realm. So it stands to reason that ghosts need a certain level of energy to exist there as well. The sandworm eating a ghost effectively robs it of energy, “killing it” in that realm, but the core spiritual energy remains and results in them being thrown back into the afterlife realm

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
can you summon a ghost by saying its name three times or is that more fitting for a traditional demon like Candyman or Bloody Mary?
What The Wtf GIF by Justin

Candyman isn't a demon dumbass. Dude I'm trying to be generous and nice but you just stepped over The line. Consequences will never be the same or whatever that old guy said in that video.

He was a ghost.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Next question for you autists: difference between a demon and a demonic spirit?

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Next question for you autists: difference between a demon and a demonic spirit?
one is a physical creature and the other is like a ghost, but immortal and it does what it wants, which is make mischief and cause chaos.
if anyone follows the Interview with The Vampire book series, the two original vampires Akasha and Enkil were possesed by this demonic spirit named Amel.
"A spirit manifesting to humans six thousand years ago or in 4000 B.C." [1]
"A spirit who created the first vampire six thousand years ago by merging with the body of the Egyptian Queen Akasha. The story is told in The Vampire Lestat and in The Queen of the Damned. Prince Lestat and Prince Lestat and the Realms of Atlantis continue the story of Amel." [2]
Amel was a powerful spirit first mentioned in the novel The Vampire Lestat. He was the essence of vampirism, being the source of their powers as well as their bloodlust, residing in the Sacred Core. Fusing with Akasha, then consumed by Mekare, then Lestat. Later having a body created for him, and separating from Lestat and all Vampires becoming a Replimoid once again.

• 1Worf

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
one is a physical creature and the other is like a ghost, but immortal and it does what it wants, which is make mischief and cause chaos.
if anyone follows the Interview with The Vampire book series, the two original vampires Akasha and Enkil were possesed by this demonic spirit named Amel.

Amel was a powerful spirit first mentioned in the novel The Vampire Lestat. He was the essence of vampirism, being the source of their powers as well as their bloodlust, residing in the Sacred Core. Fusing with Akasha, then consumed by Mekare, then Lestat. Later having a body created for him, and separating from Lestat and all Vampires becoming a Replimoid once again.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Are Spectre ghosts, or levitating skeletons?

don’t they require peridot and bone chips? The bone-chips lead me to believe they are closer to levitating skeletons

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Are Spectre ghosts, or levitating skeletons?

don’t they require peridot and bone chips? The bone-chips lead me to believe they are closer to levitating skeletons
spectres are ghosts in lore, perhaps? EQ spectres all look the same so i wouldnt call them a ghost, there are plenty of individual ghosts that look like somebody. an EQ spectre may even be a race of undead creatures, but not the spirit of anyone specific. dunno. i never played a necro. i was a shaman and my doggo was a spirit of a wolf. maybe my old live dog, Goner or Loner or jibober.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
He said he is a dead guy who lived through the black plague, so... ghost. I didn't want to post any proof from fiction, so here is a documentary where he admits it:

Beetlejuice himself is a habitual liar and/or has double entaundres. Anything he says is not to be trusted.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
it’s been forever since I saw the movie, but exorcisms appear to harm ghosts by making them decay and rot away. This suggests that ghosts need a certain level of energy to function and exorcisms remove that energy, effectively “killing the ghost”. Or at the very least in the physical realm