Being an adult sucks

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
I only got to play 2 video games the entire month of paid paternity leave I got
Wow you got a month off paid as the father? When my kid is born I have 2 choices, use my vacation, or take unpaid FMLA. I work for a huge worldwide corporation with otherwise great benefits, so I was pretty damn shocked when I learned this.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Woah, you got to play 2 games as a parent? That's amazing.
I have around 700 million credits in assets in Elite Dangerous as well as third highest ranks in exploration, combat and trading, and my daughter was born a week after it came out. I also didn't have paid paternity leave yet. Did however have paid vacation until January 12th

Arakkis

N00b
I have around 700 million credits in assets in Elite Dangerous as well as third highest ranks in exploration, combat and trading, and my daughter was born a week after it came out. I also didn't have paid paternity leave yet. Did however have paid vacation until January 12th
So you are missing out on the first weeks of your child's life so you can play a video game? Fantastic. You probably won't regret that at all.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
having kids sounds fucking terribad.
It's not. And you'll never understand how parents can bitch and moan about having kids while being incredibly happy to be parents and loving kids more than you thought possible until you have your own. I'm not trying to be condescending, or anything of the sort. This is simply something that you need to experience to fully understand and appreciate.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
It's not. And you'll never understand how parents can bitch and moan about having kids while being incredibly happy to be parents and loving kids more than you thought possible until you have your own. I'm not trying to be condescending, or anything of the sort. This is simply something that you need to experience to fully understand and appreciate.
And you will never understand and experience of what it is like to be two adults with absolute freedom to do as we wish. I see zero reasons to give up this freedom for some other person.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
lj1LMp4.gif

We like what we like. Truisms all around.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
We like what we like. Truisms all around.
My wife and I get that shit all the time.

"Kids are so great", "You love them so much", "This is the only way to live" blah blah blah.

People who do not know any other way are constantly telling me how great their way is. Its great that people who have kids love them. That is how things should be, you have kids, you take care of them as best as you can. But to tell others to do the same thing you did because evolution rewards you emotionally for procreating successfully? I reward myself, I dont need to have a kid to be happy. Keep that shit to yourself. (not directed at you lurking, just a general statement to everyone since lots of people like to push the idea of kids onto me).

This line of thinking goes over really well for me during family dinners :/

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
lurkingdirk_sl said:
JFC pull your head out of your ass. Spoken by someone with kids. You need to experience everything to be able to fully appreciate it you dumb cunt.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So you are missing out on the first weeks of your child's life so you can play a video game? Fantastic. You probably won't regret that at all.
She sleeps a lot. Like 8pm to bed and I can play for the rest of the evening a lot. I don't get the whole "piss and moan" part lurkingdirk is going on about.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
There are life altering events. Yeah some folks won't be impacted as much as others, but when certain things happen life fucking changes.
Just a few I can think of.

First kiss.
First blowjob
First fuck
Graduation
First time you truly realize you are gonna die someday.
Having someone you truly care about die.
Parent death
First Pet death
I am sure there are a bunch of others for folks, those are the majors for me. Does that make me an adult? I think the one that truly made me an adult was realizing just how easy it would be to die. Then thinking back to my BMX Bike days and saying to my self.... Fuck, I am an idiot.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Wow you got a month off paid as the father? When my kid is born I have 2 choices, use my vacation, or take unpaid FMLA. I work for a huge worldwide corporation with otherwise great benefits, so I was pretty damn shocked when I learned this.
Yeah man. I work for a great company. Actually January of this year they announced the new parental leave policy, 4 weeks paid time off for each kid (one per year) so I really lucked out. They take care of us very well and I love my job, nothing but support the whole pregnancy. Even sent my wife flowers to the hospital from the team. It may not be as posh as Google, but I can't complain.

Kids do sound terrible, and I respect anyone's choices, but in between the 330 AM explosive diarrhea shooting across the room during a diaper change you'll see the kid smiling and know everything is going to be alright.

I'm the first and possibly only person in my family to have a kid, so it was really important for me to continue the name.

Do I envy people without kids now? Fuck yes. Oh fuck yes. My brother and his fiance are buying a condo with a $500 mortgage and will have such an excess of funds they literally can do anything they want. I Have to plan my finances down to the penny even though I make a shit load more than them. I'm also attached to a person now. I can't just leave work and go out to eat or see a movie, I'm responsible for another human.

Maybe it sounds shitty to some from the outside, but I'm excited to raise the little man.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here you can get up to 12 paid months off as one parent, or 13 with both doing at least 2 months.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here you can get up to 12 paid months off as one parent, or 13 with both doing at least 2 months.
Be a whining, entitled, useless meat-sack ("oh poor me" minority or illegal immigrant) and you can get 18 years paid time off from the Taxpayers, for each kid!

Anyway; being an adult is bitter-sweet. Can do anything I want. Have my own house. My own cars. If I want something, I get it - no credit cards; don't fall into this trap people. Debt is bad. But, I am responsible for other people who work for, or with me. And, like many others have stated already; losing loved ones is painful. As a kid, you never consider those things.

If I could stop at the mid 30's, that would be ideal. Shit, wish vampires were real....

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Be a whining, entitled, useless meat-sack ("oh poor me" minority or illegal immigrant) and you can get 18 years paid time off from the Taxpayers, for each kid!
'Murica. Its as stupid as it looks.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Fuck, most mothers in America don't even get paid maternity leave, let alone fathers

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yep my wife got nothing besides standard FMLA, and she works for the post office. It's a really shitty deal in America.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
As someone who can barely tolerate living with a fully functional human being, I would never be able to handle being responsible for a kid. Good for you folks who do have kids, but it annoys me when people act like I'm some sort of monster when I say that I will never want kids.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I find that peculiar, given how so much of America talks about the sanctity of life, and are anti-abortion -- those are the same people who vote against extended maternity leave, and parental funding. It's odd.