Belize, anyone?

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Has anyone spent some time in Belize? Just curious where to fly into, where to spend our time, and what we "have" to do and see. Probably four full days in October. I dive, the wife doesn't. I don't care if I dive or not. (I know the big hole is there.)

koljec_sl

shitlord
Has anyone spent some time in Belize? Just curious where to fly into, where to spend our time, and what we "have" to do and see. Probably four full days in October. I dive, the wife doesn't. I don't care if I dive or not. (I know the big hole is there.)
Was there way back in 1999 for a field school. Flew into Belize City and thought I was in New Jersey when I got off the plane. Spent a weekend here:| Chan Chich Jungle Lodge and Nature Reserve - Orange Walk, Belizeand made another weekend run into Guatemala.

If you are into archaeology, likeTikal Access - Tikal National Parkor diving or rainforest, it's pretty good. Dunno the current situation though.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
We've spent some time there. Lots of nature and there are lots of ruins there which are pretty neat to see. You can charter some river tours as well which will bring you through the jungle and see tons of wild life. We wanted to do the ATM cave tour but never got around to it. We mostly dive when we go.

Biggest plus to Belize is the diving. I've been diving since I was 14 (38 now) so I've seen my share of amazing dives and Belize ranks up in the top 5 for sure. Some great places to dive if you're into that. If you don't dive I highly recommend getting certified or at least doing some snorkeling / snuba there.

Belize is fairly safe but does have its ups and downs. Use regular caution and you will be fine. We usually go via Cruise ship or stay in Ambergris Caye or Hopkins. Any tourist shop can tell you the best places to go and or the places to avoid. I wouldn't be strolling around Belize city late at night and if you're heading out to Caracol / Mountain Pine ridge do so in a convoy. I don't think there have been any recent incidents but I certainly wouldn't tempt fate.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Did the river tour plus ruins. It was pretty fun. Also just hung out on the beach and dove.. my sister is an archeologist and did the ruins and the cave dives and said it was amazing.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
rrr_img_105375.jpg

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
If you are looking for a pretty chill, seaside village deal, than I suggest going down to PlacenciaPlacencia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Tons, and tons of private chartered diving, snorkeling, river tours along with some pretty good fishing. We stayed at Chabil Mar, which was pretty decent.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Did the river tour plus ruins. It was pretty fun. Also just hung out on the beach and dove.. my sister is an archeologist and did the ruins and the cave dives and said it was amazing.
Did the same thing, was really nice (river + ruins)

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I was going to say that all I know about Belize is that Butch and Sundance got shot there, but then I remembered that that was Bolivia so now all I know about Belize is that it's not where Butch and Sundance got shot.