Berserk - Golden Age Arc II

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I did a quick search and found nothing. There were quite a few folks who followed the Golgen Age thread back on FoH so I just wanted to remind you fine gentlemen that this is out and available for your viewing pleasure. For those unfamiliar, this is the same Berserk anime from a few decades ago but with more modern art and in movie form (instead of episodic release). They cut quite a bit from the Arc I, but I didn't feel like it compromised the story too much.

Edit: The download I got had really terrible subs. Found these on reddit and they're much better:http://www.mediafire.com/?r5nnhzc29pbvy84#

Golt_sl

shitlord
If i'm not mistaken that's a trailer for the Japanese release, for Arc II it took 6? or was it 7? months for it to be released worldwide afterwards.. I'm not so sure that's going to be available soon for most people
frown.png

Urgoslav

Treasured Member
Looks good, some big battles in that arc will be interesting.

Excited for the 3rd one with the Skull Knight / Zodd fights and maybe the inclusion of the Black Dog Knights / Wyald?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
God, the end of this thing with proper animation is going to be the shit of nightmares.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
so, uh, what should i watch after the berserk anime? the one with the bullshit cliffhanger ending. didn't really follow up on this series.

Blide_sl

shitlord
The first 3 movies essentially cover what the series did. Apparently they have no intention of stopping after movie 3 so the movies will eventually start to tread new ground.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm glad they are going the Hellsing OAV route. Much better than the standard weekly series bullshit. The animation is one of the best I've ever seen.

Cybsled

The original Berserk anime ending is probably one of the most infuriating things of all time.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
The greatest story ever told? Maybe. Can't wait for another twenties years to pass to see how it ends.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Curious if they'll tone down the end now that they have proper artwork or it they'll take advantage of it and really go balls to the wall

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Cool to see them start this again. This is the only Anime I have ever really liked, I hated that it just ended with no plans to continue.

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
So let me get this straight. First there was the anime series, and now there is a Berserk Golden Age movie, Arc I, Arc II, and soon, Act III ? Or the anime is considered Act I, and the movie starts at Act II ? So confusing...

Malice_sl

shitlord
The anime and the Golden Age movies cover roughly the same material from the manga, volumes like 4-13 or something like that. But the movies are much higher production value and frankly more fun to watch than the anime. The third Golden Age movie is going to end at the same spot the anime did, but I think I read somewhere that they're hoping to adapt the entire manga into feature-length movies.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
So let me get this straight. First there was the anime series, and now there is a Berserk Golden Age movie, Arc I, Arc II, and soon, Act III ? Or the anime is considered Act I, and the movie starts at Act II ? So confusing...
The anime series was an adaptation of the manga (japanese comic book). The manga has been running since the late 1980's. It's still not over. The golden age was the first story arc of the Berserk show. It looks like this team is turning each story arc into a full OVA and they'll continue until they catch up. Cannot fucking wait.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
damn, hope the music in the movies will be half as good as this.

The Guts theme is fucking heartbreakingly brilliant, they play it throughout the whole show, but I onlyreallynoticed it when Guts/Casca slept together, and I was just blown away at how strong that song was in that scene, it really killed me. I have the first Golden Age movie (came out in English in Nov or Dec.), I haven't watched it yet, but the theme is done by Susumu Hirasawa, who composed the soundtrack of the original.

It is much closer to Forces, than most of the regular soundtrack compositions. But yeah, the music in the anime was killer.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've been basically out of anime since Death Note ended a few years ago and never jumped back in. Wasn't really that amped to rewatch a series I already had, but holy shit these are so good. They don't do a disservice to the original series by shortening it too much and the animation is just great. The only thing I really miss from the original is the soundtrack

The trailer for arc 3 is god damn epic looking too. "CAN'T WAIT" - Bart Scott

anyone who hasn't seen the series probably doesn't want to watch the extended cut, as a few scenes are a bit revealing

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Bah, Arc 3 will be really depressing to watch again. Will do so anyway, because Berserk is just great.