Best 80's Action Movie and Why it's probably Die Hard

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Escape from New York

Tagline: 1997. New York City is now a maximum security prison. Breaking out is impossible. Breaking in is insane.

Genre: Science Fiction, Action

Director: John Carpenter

Cast: Kurt Russell, Lee Van Cleef, Ernest Borgnine, Donald Pleasence, Isaac Hayes, Harry Dean Stanton, Adrienne Barbeau, Tom Atkins, Frank Doubleday, John Strobel, Season Hubley, Charles Cyphers, John Cothran Jr., George Buck Flower

Release: 1981-05-22

Runtime: 99

Plot: In 1997, the island of Manhattan has been walled off and turned into a giant maximum security prison within which the country's worst criminals are left to form their own anarchic society. However, when the President of the United States crash lands on the island, the authorities turn to a former soldier and current convict, Snake Plissken, to rescue him.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
What is the best 80's action movie?

I took the day off and rather than do something productive I sat around in a bathing suit all morning watching Knight Rider and Airwolf shit online and smoking too much weed. This led me down a YouTube k-hole and now I am stuck trying to figure out if RoboCop is better than Lethal Weapon 2(I think it is). Does Aliens count as Action or Sci-Fi?

Sterling

El Presidente
Aliens counts as both and would be my pick, although Die Hard is an amazing movie. T2 is probably my alltime favorite in the genre though it doesn't fit this particular query and fits the multiple genres the way Aliens does.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
We have all the Superman, Madmax, Rambo, Star wars, Indiana Jones. Lethal weapon.

Indiana Jones is the one that ages better, and overall is a better movie that lets say Star wars, (bad movie)

I would say the Indiana Jones trilogy and Die Hard.

but Screamfeeder Screamfeeder then I realize that I have been watching every motion, in my foolish lover's game.... You take my breath away.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It'd be easier to pick a favorite 80's action movie by actor than to pick a favorite movie for the Decade. Die Hard, Lethal Weapon, Predator, Aliens, Big Trouble in Little China, Red Dawn, Bloodsport, Rambo.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
Road Warrior probably takes this prize

Conan, Die Hard, Terminator, Commando, Escape from New York, First Blood, Aliens, Predator, or Bloodsport could be considered the best depending on taste however

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Motherfuck I forgot how awesome Cobra is. Back in middle school I used to cross the street and wait at the bus stop and chew a match. I thought I was the fucking shit. I remember Vanessa Klien saying I was "dangerous". My 13 year old nuts grew 5 sizes that day.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Terminators were cool, I liked the first one better, to me that one is a classic, along with the music and vibes in it. But yeah, predator was my fave.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Clearly.

images

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I've watched robocop probably 100x, i'd call the action sparse. Don't get me wrong, aside from Transformers G1, Ed-209 will always be my first bae, to the point i was really thinking about a ed-209 nursery decal
7ad0a085a1d343994f4ed78db9eb64bf.png

I would say Robocop has "moments" rather than being action packed

wtf, ppl think of everything!

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
I've watched robocop probably 100x, i'd call the action sparse. Don't get me wrong, aside from Transformers G1, Ed-209 will always be my first bae, to the point i was really thinking about a ed-209 nursery decal
7ad0a085a1d343994f4ed78db9eb64bf.png

I would say Robocop has "moments" rather than being action packed

wtf, ppl think of everything!
The first model I ever made was an ED-209. I later glued some giant laser from a Robotech model onto his head to make him cooler. Can't fall down stairs if there isn't a building.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
None of those are the best. The best is (obviously) Raiders of the Lost Ark. You can't beat God killing nazis.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
DAMN...hard subject...

commando, predator, die hard, rambo, big trouble in little china, escape from NY was in the 80's right? (goes to look it up-yup 1981)etc etc etc...sooooo many awesome movies.

pure old fashion action though i have to go with mudcrush,...Raiders of the Lost Ark> pretty much all the rest

commando is a favorite of mine though..."Remember sully when i said i would kill you last?.... I Lied..."

aliens is action in scifi wrappings... and is another favorite of mine.. so is die hard....

looking at the list below i'm ok with most of that list's top 30...wouldn't put back to the future as action.,...or the karate kid.

The Best '80s Action Movies

• 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database