Best 80's Action Movie and Why it's probably Die Hard

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
Most of my favorites have already been mentioned, but wanted to add Highlander to the list (86).

Christopher Lambert and Sean Connery all fucking day. Clancy Brown was a badass villain too.

Favorite comedy "action" movie - Cannonball Run. That cast was ridiculous.

edit:

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Raiders was 1981, how can we forget Raiders?

5Nag.gif

• 3Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Conan was better than it had any right to be, with one of the all time great soundtracks.

For me it would have to be Robocop though, It was the first R rated movie I was allowed to see. I was 8 at the time and my dad took myself and my 6 year old sister to the drive in to see it. For the next few weeks I was responding to everything with "I'd buy that for a dollar!" and telling everyone how cool ED-209 and the silly putty man scene (Emil) was.

Mom was not pleased.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Conan was better than it had any right to be, with one of the all time great soundtracks.

For me it would have to be Robocop though, It was the first R rated movie I was allowed to see. I was 8 at the time and my dad took myself and my 6 year old sister to the drive in to see it. For the next few weeks I was responding to everything with "I'd buy that for a dollar!" and telling everyone how cool ED-209 and the silly putty man scene (Emil) was.

Mom was not pleased.
Use this in the next mod elections

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>

Mom was not pleased.
Is your name Alex and did we grow up together? Robocop is my top pick no matter what. Such a glorious movie.

He's a Robot. And a Cop. CMON!!!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
It's tough to disagree with this. It ranks a 9 or 10 on all of the criteria I listed above.

Ask yourself what would be one movie to watch all over again for the first time and for me it's Predator by a mile. The alien reveal, the final fight, the jungle chase - there are just so many "holy shit!" Moments.

But especially the partial alien reveal in the tree, then the full alien reveal after the waterfall chase and then the mask reveal at the end. I'll never forget that crab face.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Ask yourself what would be one movie to watch all over again for the first time and for me it's Predator by a mile. The alien reveal, the final fight, the jungle chase - there are just so many "holy shit!" Moments.

But especially the partial alien reveal in the tree, then the full alien reveal after the waterfall chase and then the mask reveal at the end. I'll never forget that crab face.
You'll appreciate this.

Funny how the super awesome voice dude has such poor mic control when it's in his hands. I love this guy though.

• 2Like

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
While not all 80's movies, this seems like a good place for this.

• 2Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
You'll appreciate this.

Funny how the super awesome voice dude has such poor mic control when it's in his hands. I love this guy though.

Yeah that crackling sound Predator makes is extremely unsettling, that's what makes him so great - it's like a true alien predator trying to feast on you.

You know how they say that people aren't bothered by 6 legged insects but they're absolutely terrified of arachnids because it's a little too alien with 8 legs? Same concept. The Predator is in that sweet spot of being just a bit too alien and too unfamiliar. Stan Winston did an amazing job with him

• 2Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
My next motorcycle helmet is actually the predator helmet with the dreads, I don't care what you faggots think. It's awesome.

Suck my dick.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Aliens > Lethal Weapon 2 > Predator > Die Hard > Escape From New York > all else

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Is your name Alex and did we grow up together? Robocop is my top pick no matter what. Such a glorious movie.

He's a Robot. And a Cop. CMON!!!

I loved the ads in the movie. They don't quite translate as well today but I wanted so bad to play this game and kept hoping someone would make it.

• 2Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What this thread has taught me is it's fucking impossible for me to pick an actual #1, and that the 80's were better than any other decade.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've watched robocop probably 100x, i'd call the action sparse. Don't get me wrong, aside from Transformers G1, Ed-209 will always be my first bae, to the point i was really thinking about a ed-209 nursery decal
7ad0a085a1d343994f4ed78db9eb64bf.png

I would say Robocop has "moments" rather than being action packed

wtf, ppl think of everything!

Sleep little dumpling, I have replaced your mother.

e6pbZlRh.jpg

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
How about The Last Starfighter. That shit was epic for the 80's.

1527827279563.png

1527827270463.png

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
List of action films of the 1980s - Wikipedia

Flash Gordon for the memes, Conan deserves a mention, Iron Eagle for the cheeze, Big Trouble in Little China takes the prize.

edit: also, Die Hard is a Christmas movie.

When you look at that list they were pumping out Ninja movies like crazy. It's almost like the superhero shit these days. Someone get some Studio bitches on the phone and get them to pump out some more shitty ninja movies.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user