YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
The right way to cover a 30+ year prog rock classic ... LOUD

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
That was a disaster ... you could actually see Sting cringe.

I do not get standing on his tip toes all the time, but this guy ... this guy ... crushed Roxanne.

Lol. It looked like Sting was embarrassed that he was even a little bit responsible for that atrocity.

TTMOE is just weird like that. Idk if it's because he's from Sweden where you need to stay moving all the time if you don't want to freeze to death, or what. I went to one of his shows and he was constantly doing random shit like that as part of the show. The stupidest one was finger picking an open chord on a guitar in an open tuning for an exaggerated amount of time while he spun a chair around with his left hand before he sat down to play the rest of the song. Totally stupid gimmick, but his crowd seemed to eat it up, so whatever.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Is there really no UB40 mentions in this thread at all?

Anyway, one of my favorite covers:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

This guy is a god and will always be a god.

He goes so fucking high in this song its almost as if it was impossible for humans to reach a tone like that. Not falsetto, just fucking screaming, its crazy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
This thread just made me spend the last 2 hours looking for great covers.

I found out that the AV Undercover series has stripped all of its old videos off YouTube for some stupid reason, so that source of great covers is gone but it lead me to find a similar, awesome series call Like A Version that yielded this treasure:

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>

I just discovered Richard Cheese, everything this guy/band does is awesome!

Richard Cheese is fucking amazing.

I saw this cover on YouTube the other say and I had never heard of Bad Wolves but this cover of Zombie is pretty fucking awesome.

Also literally everything covered by "Frog Leap Studios" is fucking amazing. He take's songs and makes metal versions of them. If you guys haven't checked out his shit I can't recommend it enough.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users