Best full Albums

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Being a drummer for the past 25+ yrs, Im kind of keen on good drummers in my music I like. The above list I mentioned are some of the best. Not all, but only some of the standouts.

For example that Suicidal Tendencies- Art of Rebellion (1992) album, if you never heard it before, give it a listen, its the only one of theirs I like, its a departure from their mostly punk/trash to more mainstream rock. And this is because they used Josh Freese on drums to record that album. Probably one of the best session rock drummers out there. Did other shit like Perfect Circle, among many others, which if you nictice is also on the list.

Yeah, looking at the list of albums Freese has worked on is a little mindblowing. He's been attached to an unbelievable number of amazing albums. Dude is incredible at what he does, and is obviously a workaholic to boot.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah Freese is sick. He's played with a who's who of the rock world over the past 20 years or so.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah Freese is sick. He's played with a who's who of the rock world over the past 20 years or so.

You put on headphones and eventually you can pretty much pick up any rock beat no problem on drums with practice and patience. But only two people ever stumped me, Freese and the dude from Matthews band. Im taking regualr rock type shit. Excluding the hyper fast metal shit, of course.

And if you listen to Freese, shit seems like a simple rock beat, no problem, fucking easy-peasy. But then you try to play along and then you know.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Matt Cameron (Soundgarden) is another dude that plays some really odd stuff. He makes those odd time signatures sound pretty natural.

And yeah, Carter Beauford (Dave Matthews) is the man. Linear drumming man. Shit is dope.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Favorite album of all time is Pretzel Logic by Steely Dan. I say it's flawless other than Through With Buzz which is merely good rather than great.

Otherwise...

When Dream Theater knew how to write and not just wank...

When Billy Joel hit his creative and technical zenith...

One of the most creative electro-pop/blues/everything albums ever...

And an especially beautiful melodic djent-prog album...

• 1Like

Dull

Molten Core Raider
Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf

The Toadies - Rubberneck

Last edited:

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Offspring - Smash is great. Goes ball to the wall 100% for the whole album. Not many can do that. Usually get around 5-6 songs deep before they throw in something slower. Another one that falls in this category is Spineshank:

Spineshank_The_Height_of_Callousness.jpg

Edit: Adding one more, also originally from that era. Same pace throughout.

cubanate-brutalism-300x300.jpg

Last edited:

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
I couldn't find the whole thing on YouTube so I'm going to drop a section of it here.

Within Temptation - Black Symphony

Technically it's a album, one of the best live shows I ever saw. Singer doesn't remember half of it because she was stoned out of her mind on cold medicine so she could actually get out there and do the show.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Favorite album of all time is Pretzel Logic by Steely Dan. I say it's flawless other than Through With Buzz which is merely good rather than great.

Otherwise...

When Dream Theater knew how to write and not just wank...

Fuck yeah to both of these. Love old school Steely Dan and Scenes From a Memory is one of the greatest prog albums of all time.

• 1Solidarity

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Still one of the few albums I always end up listening to ever song, not a single bad one.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Best live band I've ever seen/heard. Henley, and Frey are/were colossal douche bags though, and will probably have this video blocked in 10 minutes.

Eagles- Hotel California.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
While Led Zeppelin iv is a no brainer, always preferred Houses of the Holy.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users