Best full Albums

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

Check out this little known album man. Little heavier than those two but real similar, I bet you'll dig it if you don't already know it.

(Other albums from them add a vocalist and aren't nearly as good btw)

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
A whole bunch of great albums have already been posted, but here are a couple that I didn't see:

Rainbow - Rising. You have Richie Blackmore on guitar, Ronnie James Dio vocals, Cozy Powel on drums, and the entire fucking Munich Symphony Orchestra on one track (Stargazer). Tells the story of some sap who gets enchanted by a gypsy woman, and then becomes the tower-building slave of a wizard, ultimately gaining his freedom again and not knowing what to do with it. The whole album is ace, but couldn't find it in a single YouTube video, so here is the best song:

Then there is Wish you were here with Pink Floyed. The album is so relaxing that the first song's "intro" is longer than most pop music songs!

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
yeah was gonna post Rainbow but decided against it, wasn't sure classic heavy metal from the 60s and 70s applied.

Cleetus-Meetbeetus

<Silver Donator>
I'll go for Hawkwind, Hall of the Mountain Grill. I first heard it when a buddy brought back a copy from California, in 1976. By then, of course, Lemmy had already been fired after getting busted entering Canada. From the opening notes of Psychedelic Warlords I knew I was going to be listening to a lot of Hawkwind. I had a ritual of hitting several record stores every payday. I'd go around to the big box stores like Woolco and Zellers and hit the delete bins; you wouldn't believe some of the albums I pulled out of them for a buck or two. I'd also stop by a couple of the record chains at the time, like Sam The Record Man and HMV, and a local stereo shop that had a vinyl section in the basement. The local shop had the first three albums as imports on catalogue, and I immediately ordered all three. It seems like they were $20 CDN apiece, which was an outrageous price (the average album was $5 to $7 CDN at the time), but it was the only way to get them.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Suprised this never got mentioned: Kick ass first album - shame she did fuck all since.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Blind Melon - Blind Melon
David Bow - Ziggy stardust, hunky dory
Allman Brothers - at filmore East
Joni Mitchell - Blue
CSNY - Deja Vu
Eminem - marshal mather
Kendrick Lamar - Damn
Mad season - above
Mudvayne- LD 50
All rage, tool, Beatles, Neil young, Alice In Chains, Led Zeppelin

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Bruce Hornsby - The Way It Is
Steve Winwood - Back in the High Life
Stevie Wonder - Innervisions
The Who - Tommy
Van Morrison - Moondance
Jay Z & Kanye West - Watch the Throne
The Notorious BIG - Ready to Die
Peter Gabriel - So

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Oh yeah, you gotta include the classic Stevie Wonder period. Innervisions. Songs in the Key of Life. Talking Book. That's good shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
With "Operation Mindcrime" already picked (very early, well done) I would enter two that may not get noticed.

I would think of these as "Albums I would want to be stuck on a desert island with"

The Tragically Hip "Fully Completely" - 1992

Big Head Todd and the Monsters "Sister Sweetly" - 1993

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>

For the naysayers, it's the deep cuts that make BnL great, not One Week and the singles. E.g.: Light Up My Room, Call and Answer, Some Fantastic.

Last edited:

redbandana

Molten Core Raider
Some great albums already posted. Here are some more:

Beck Morning Phase.

And of course Sea Change. Sad Beck is best Beck:

Can't forget Wolfmother's self titled album. Every track is great.

Flood

I see the blue album listed a couple times, but Pinkerton is great start to finish also:

I saw Rubberneck listed and that's fantastic, but another album of theirs -Hell below Stars above is great.

Toadies- Push The Hand

Primus Frizzle Fry
Primus-to defy the laws of tradition-frizzle fry