Best Group pvE in MMO of today ? ( Not EQ or Wow )

Aleatha

Silver Knight of the Realm
FFXI has always been one of the better group PVE MMOs if you can deal with the terrible UI. Not sure I would start a new character at this point though.

Can't think of any modern MMO that is group PVE centric.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Outside WOW FFXIV is probably the best by consensus even though I don't have any personal experience with it. After that it's probably Rift I think?

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
I'd have to agree with FFXIV. SE has plenty of "PvE only" experience with FFXI and figured out (mostly) what they did right and what they did wrong over a decade.

Given that's the only pure PvE game to survive since launching in the WoW Dynasty era (same year) and it's still charging a sub with no "B2P/F2P" bullshit, they learned a lot and they put it in FFXIV.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I assumed by group pve he means a mmo where you can progress in the endgame with only a group, aka not a raiding endgame mmo. For that definition, I'd say something like guild wars 2 or neverwinter.

Japanfour_sl

shitlord
FFXIV is pretty awesome. I love that I can use my 360 controller, and jump into instant group challenges. Very satisfying group content, but it is limited in depth sometimes. the controller support and lack of abilities at one time can do that but its understandable given the nature of the game.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I would also say FFXIV, some great group encounters in there and damn near everything feels epic in that unique Final Fantasy-flavored way.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
What group PvE still exists in EQ? When I played that last most of the group content was actually soloable by many classes.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
What group PvE still exists in EQ? When I played that last most of the group content was actually soloable by many classes.
Most of EQ still requires a group. Mages play in god mode so you can still get a lot done solo but even they will hit walls.