Best movie of the past 20 years?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Best movie of the past 20 years?

• The Martian

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Mad Max: Fury Road

Votes: 32 58.2%
  • Some wrong answer.

Votes: 20 36.4%

• Total voters

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
What is the best movie of the past 20 years?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
This is clearly the greatest film of the last 20 years.

61FgPY5p8SL._SY445_.jpg

WolfCop2014_poster.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The Martian is the most rewatchable movie in the last 20 years but it is not the best one.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought The Ritual was the best horror movie I have seen in a long ass time.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sterling

El Presidente
The Martian is the most rewatchable movie in the last 20 years but it is not the best one.
This is probably correct. I think the actual answer for me like I mentioned in my first post is probably either 2049 or Fury Road. There's a lot of really good ones though even if people seem to think all movies suck now.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I thought The Ritual was the best horror movie I have seen in a long ass time.

Through its use of visuals I think that film explains what PTSD is like better than anyone ever could with words. There's just a part of your soul that is fucking tethered to this horrible shit and you just cannot stop revisiting it no matter the situation. My only complaint about the film is small - when The Competent Guy devise a plan you just know he's dead meat.

As for as the best movie of the past 20 years I still think that No Country for Old Men was something special. Twenty years also gives you the last two Lord of the Rings films which are really big for some people. The Dark Knight also had some real legs and continues to be memorable and have an impact on popular culture to this day.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Dark Knight also had some real legs and continues to be memorable and have an impact on popular culture to this day.
It was a pretty shit movie (like the rest of the trilogy) propped up by a literally once in a lifetime performance.

• 1Worf

Airisch

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hate to do this. But if it's really the past 20 years? LOTR:ROTK. Love fury road but come on.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sterling

El Presidente
I hate to do this. But if it's really the past 20 years? LOTR:ROTK. Love fury road but come on.
The whole trilogy is awesome. RotK might be my lest favorite of the 3, but they're all amazing.

Also, I had totally forgotten Black Hawk Down qualifies. That movie is unreal good.

• 5Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users