Best of times, worst of times

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The best of times and worst of times. This would fit into multiple threads so...Medical and investing/money, depression etc..

I have gone to total shit medically. Multiple visits including the Mayo Clinic and Cleveland clinic. Best "guess" is I have scleroderma. Overproduciton of collagen. Hardens skin, all soft tissues including arteries and such. Extremely stiff. A doctor had found a case that someone developed scleroderma and had a brain lesion like myself, that turned out to be much of nothing. I walk without bening my knees much, barely turn my head.

Oh well anyway. I own mineral rights in a number of locations. My East, TX mineral rights have gone totally bonkers. On a site that had already produced oil and gas before I got a totally bonkers offer from a company on 7.5 acres to buy it for hopes they strike lithium. All the adjacent mineral rights are under the national forest. I have no idea how they would get the lithium out since you can't directionally drill for it like oil/gas. No way I would lease it out if I owned the property sounds like a total mess.

Anyway I sold the 7.5 acres and in that small area they are throwing gobs of money left and right. I don't think they will never get a penny out of it, no way to strip mine for it like they do in some areas. Not my problem now lol.

If you google pics of people with scleroderam it's pretty horrific, but those are apparently people that developed it while still growing and have claw like hands and such. It's very bad and painfull, nothing like that however.

• 9Like
  • 9Solidarity
Reactions: 17 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
The best of times and worst of times. This would fit into multiple threads so...Medical and investing/money, depression etc..

I have gone to total shit medically. Multiple visits including the Mayo Clinic and Cleveland clinic. Best "guess" is I have scleroderma. Overproduciton of collagen. Hardens skin, all soft tissues including arteries and such. Extremely stiff. A doctor had found a case that someone developed scleroderma and had a brain lesion like myself, that turned out to be much of nothing. I walk without bening my knees much, barely turn my head.

Oh well anyway. I own mineral rights in a number of locations. My East, TX mineral rights have gone totally bonkers. On a site that had already produced oil and gas before I got a totally bonkers offer from a company on 7.5 acres to buy it for hopes they strike lithium. All the adjacent mineral rights are under the national forest. I have no idea how they would get the lithium out since you can't directionally drill for it like oil/gas. No way I would lease it out if I owned the property sounds like a total mess.

Anyway I sold the 7.5 acres and in that small area they are throwing gobs of money left and right. I don't think they will never get a penny out of it, no way to strip mine for it like they do in some areas. Not my problem now lol.

If you google pics of people with scleroderam it's pretty horrific, but those are apparently people that developed it while still growing and have claw like hands and such. It's very bad and painfull, nothing like that however.
Thought you kicked it, glad to see you above dirt.

Is it just lithium they’re looking for? No O&G potential? Whats prognosis for the Scleroderma?

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Holy shit dude. You're still around. Congrats on seeing another year.

Any treatment possible for your condition?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Dude. We haven't interacted very much, but I was super worried after that last post. Glad you're here.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

18c29590026be1ca516b09eae6abb33c.png

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Borzak

The biggest issue is not walking. It's difficult but once you get going it's semi okay. It's standing up. Once I sit down for more than 20 minutes I get so stiff it is very hard to stand up and it takes planning.

A while back at my parents house when it was 105 (the hotter the better now as I am always cold) I was in the rocking chair on the porch smoking a cigar and was there for an hour or so. I had stood up a couple of times but. I stood up and when I did I fell flat forward. It wasn't a loss of balance or loss of strength just very hard to mobilize your leg in reaction to your weight change. I fell flat against the column and slid down to the concrete. It could have been much worse.

Mental issues. I often lose words now that are super common. I know where to look and what they are related to but not the word itself. I needed the word charity earlier. I had to google non profit and then saw it. I use the wrong test of words often and if I don't read something I typed multiple timese I often leave out words and use wrong tense and such.

A large issue for a while is I have the best ACA that was available. None of what I've done has been very expensive. But they started a new deal that they required you see a nurse practiconer first and then get a referral to a doctor. You get a blank stare and a couple of them looked up stuff on their phone. Shit I could do that at home. Over half the time I see a doctor it turns into the doctor bitching about other doctors and not coming up with anything.

There's limited stuff they can do for scleroderma. It's an auto immune disease, but it's not. Normally you have to keep infections in check and I have had them often, coricosteroids when things get bad. Doctors are deathly araid to give me corticosteroids cause I'm diabetic and it raises my blood sugar. When this started the doctor said we'll give you a 1,000mg infusion of corticosteroids a day for 5 days and keep going until it gets to over 600. One day would be better than nothing. I made it all 5 days and never broke 300. Just had to stay ahead of it. I can see the being concerned for long term effects of corticosteroids if you are on it all the time for a long time, but I'm not.

Right as covid started I had issues where my blood sugar would drop very fast when I was sleeping. I never figured it out but it doesn't do it anymore. Someone found me out of it and it took paramedics 20 minutes of giving an IV of glucose to even read by blood sugar. In the past if my blood sugar was low I woke up and ate. No time did I ever not know what my blood sugar was within 5 or 10 units even without checking it. I went to a endocrinologist. I wanted a prescription for a glucose shot to make it easier for whoever found me. She said nah it really doesn't work. Seriously. She wanted to change my insulin and jump through 14 hoops. I did get her to prescribe a continuous glucose monitor so at least if it dropped an alarm went off. This is when you find out about a lot of other people. It records your glucose reading every 5 minutes. Then at the end of 3 months it sends it to the doctor and gives an approximation of what your A1C would be. I had mine checked just before that and it was 5.2 which was about my normal range.

In the report it tells you what percentage of readings are in your target range of between 80 and 180. 180 seemed high to me but whatever. My first 30 days it was 99%. She was fucking giddy and said normally she's happy to see if someone can keep it to 60% or more. I really wanted to tell her maybe it's you doing a shitty job. Later she literally quit in the middle of a phone appointment. Not just me, literally quit and went to find a new job.

I'm back to my old insulin which works better and I don't need a prescription for it. $24.99 a bottle at walmart as opposed to no telling how much insurance paid for the other stuff.

Noney, as mentioned companies are throwing money left and right at mineral rights to lease or buy for hopes of finding lithium. They've been at it a year and nothing yet. Exxon has a "drill" site for lithium in AR they are betting everything on. I still don't know how you drill for lithium. As mentioned all the adjoining mineral rights for the small one I sold is under the national forest. There's directional drilling for oil/gas I don't see how you could for lithium, but not my problem. I sold it and get this shit. The company wired me the money. FIrst one amount, then another, then I told them some is still missing and they said "Yea we have to get it from another account" and I got it later in the day. Screams top of the line mineral right exploraiton.

That mineral right was given to me by my great grandmother. Dads cousin got ther half. Her daughter is having a shit fit because in a rural area word gets around. Pissed I sold for X amount. She doesn't own shit, her mom (dads cousin) sold it for pennies 30 years ago when she was given it. I leased it twice since then and it produced on oil and gas. Choices have consequences. She couldn't find where it is if I drew her a map but she is due her share lol.

It was mineral rights on the 50 acres my great grandfather bought when he retired to farm/ranch on and lived down the road from it. Those days are loooong gone. He retired from Dow Chemical on the coast as a custodian. I spent a lot of time on that property before he died. The other side of the family that is due never once. Imagine nowdays being a vet (he fought in WWI) and working as a custodian your entire life after having been raised in a cotton share cropping family and buying 50 acres to farm/ranch on plus the 15 acres he lived on.

Last edited:
  • 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Oh my good friend acquaintance Indiana Jones Borzak, I'm so pleased you are not dead!

For srs though, thought we had lost you. Glad you are alive and somewhat wellish.

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The biggest issue is not walking. It's difficult but once you get going it's semi okay. It's standing up. Once I sit down for more than 20 minutes I get so stiff it is very hard to stand up and it takes planning.

A while back at my parents house when it was 105 (the hotter the better now as I am always cold) I was in the rocking chair on the porch smoking a cigar and was there for an hour or so. I had stood up a couple of times but. I stood up and when I did I fell flat forward. It wasn't a loss of balance or loss of strength just very hard to mobilize your leg in reaction to your weight change. I fell flat against the column and slid down to the concrete. It could have been much worse.

Mental issues. I often lose words now that are super common. I know where to look and what they are related to but not the word itself. I needed the word charity earlier. I had to google non profit and then saw it. I use the wrong test of words often and if I don't read something I typed multiple timese I often leave out words and use wrong tense and such.

A large issue for a while is I have the best ACA that was available. None of what I've done has been very expensive. But they started a new deal that they required you see a nurse practiconer first and then get a referral to a doctor. You get a blank stare and a couple of them looked up stuff on their phone. Shit I could do that at home. Over half the time I see a doctor it turns into the doctor bitching about other doctors and not coming up with anything.

There's limited stuff they can do for scleroderma. It's an auto immune disease, but it's not. Normally you have to keep infections in check and I have had them often, coricosteroids when things get bad. Doctors are deathly araid to give me corticosteroids cause I'm diabetic and it raises my blood sugar. When this started the doctor said we'll give you a 1,000mg infusion of corticosteroids a day for 5 days and keep going until it gets to over 600. One day would be better than nothing. I made it all 5 days and never broke 300. Just had to stay ahead of it. I can see the being concerned for long term effects of corticosteroids if you are on it all the time for a long time, but I'm not.

Right as covid started I had issues where my blood sugar would drop very fast when I was sleeping. I never figured it out but it doesn't do it anymore. Someone found me out of it and it took paramedics 20 minutes of giving an IV of glucose to even read by blood sugar. In the past if my blood sugar was low I woke up and ate. No time did I ever not know what my blood sugar was within 5 or 10 units even without checking it. I went to a endocrinologist. I wanted a prescription for a glucose shot to make it easier for whoever found me. She said nah it really doesn't work. Seriously. She wanted to change my insulin and jump through 14 hoops. I did get her to prescribe a continuous glucose monitor so at least if it dropped an alarm went off. This is when you find out about a lot of other people. It records your glucose reading every 5 minutes. Then at the end of 3 months it sends it to the doctor and gives an approximation of what your A1C would be. I had mine checked just before that and it was 5.2 which was about my normal range.

In the report it tells you what percentage of readings are in your target range of between 80 and 180. 180 seemed high to me but whatever. My first 30 days it was 99%. She was fucking giddy and said normally she's happy to see if someone can keep it to 60% or more. I really wanted to tell her maybe it's you doing a shitty job. Later she literally quit in the middle of a phone appointment. Not just me, literally quit and went to find a new job.

I'm back to my old insulin which works better and I don't need a prescription for it. $24.99 a bottle at walmart as opposed to no telling how much insurance paid for the other stuff.

Noney, as mentioned companies are throwing money left and right at mineral rights to lease or buy for hopes of finding lithium. They've been at it a year and nothing yet. Exxon has a "drill" site for lithium in AR they are betting everything on. I still don't know how you drill for lithium. As mentioned all the adjoining mineral rights for the small one I sold is under the national forest. There's directional drilling for oil/gas I don't see how you could for lithium, but not my problem. I sold it and get this shit. The company wired me the money. FIrst one amount, then another, then I told them some is still missing and they said "Yea we have to get it from another account" and I got it later in the day. Screams top of the line mineral right exploraiton.

That mineral right was given to me by my great grandmother. Dads cousin got ther half. Her daughter is having a shit fit because in a rural area word gets around. Pissed I sold for X amount. She doesn't own shit, her mom (dads cousin) sold it for pennies 30 years ago when she was given it. I leased it twice since then and it produced on oil and gas. Choices have consequences. She couldn't find where it is if I drew her a map but she is due her share lol.

It was mineral rights on the 50 acres my great grandfather bought when he retired to farm/ranch on and lived down the road from it. Those days are loooong gone. He retired from Dow Chemical on the coast as a custodian. I spent a lot of time on that property before he died. The other side of the family that is due never once. Imagine nowdays being a vet (he fought in WWI) and working as a custodian your entire life after having been raised in a cotton share cropping family and buying 50 acres to farm/ranch on plus the 15 acres he lived on.
You've got type 2 diabetes? Scleroderma came after it?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Where's the meme of lumi busting through the wall with a jug of cinnamilk?

Borzak

You've got type 2 diabetes? Scleroderma came after it?

Type 1 diabetes since age 5. My 10 year average A1C over the last 10 years is 5.2 checked every 3 months or so.

Random shit I come up with. Wrote it probably a year ago. Light hearted thought on AI.

No longer collect my thoughts using paper and pen
Living monument of what is now a dying has-been
For a while I typed them all out
Soon that too became a workout
Days now filled arguing with a computer A.I.
For now it's enough to barely get by
The maker calls it a process of training
Each day the whole thing leaves me straining
The people that program this
Created a never ending abyss
Doesn't like my accent from the state of Louisiana
Some great expensive gift, it was from the Santa
It really didn't like my accent from Texas when I said useless as teats on a boar hog
So in a fit of rage I threw it into the trash, this dinosaur is going back to analog