Best show soundtracks?

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
What shows had real memorable use of quality songs during their episodes?

Personally I found Scrubs to be my favorite by far. Some of the songs I heard during the series ended up becoming my favorite bands after I discovered them on the show. I still go back on youtube periodically to find my favorites

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
The original soundtrack for Life was amazing. Too bad they got caught up in copyright shit and got replaced on the DVDs. If you wiki the series you can get a soundtrack list and hit youtube to listen to the original songs. The show hired an actual DJ to set up the soundtrack, which is why it was so good.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I haven't even got a clue if it was any good, but I'd guess that "My So Called Life" probably had a good one.

And thinking of shows from that era I also think "Dead at 21" probably did too.

Edit: Fuck, missed a big one. Beavis and Butthead.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not sure about real soundtracks, like as in the songs throughout the show etc. But HBO shows sure as fuck know how to pick a song to close an episode/season. Especially Sopranos and Boardwalk Empire. Breaking Bad very much followed this trend.

No one ties up a season like Boardwalk.

Man, the gut punch as soon as you see Richard's face whole...rough even now.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Lost will always be a favorite for me. Michael Giacchino did a fantastic job at creating music that set the tone in the show so well and fit the characters perfectly.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Supernatural really matches songs to scenes like a pro, and it's all awesome classic rock from our youths (well, for some of us). The creator specifically choose the style of music for the series before the first show was even shot.

Smallville is probably my favorite, though, with Scrubs being not far behind. Both shows constantly cause me to google and DL music when I watch those DVDs.

B5 had a really great soundtrack since season 2 and the changing main theme each season was ace

I also like the moody title song for the Danish/Swedish series "The Bridge"