Best site for booking tickets

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
I've been using Momondo for years but I feel like there's gotta be something better.

What do you guys use to score travel deals?

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Kayak is a good place to start (it uses everything available, including other engines). They have the best listing of flight/hotel/car packages that I've found. I'll spend a few hours over the course of a week searching for the best deals when I fly internationally and have always ended up getting something found on Kayak.

If you're flying domestically make sure that you check Southwest.com and Jetblue.com since their rates aren't available to search engines.

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
Yup, Kayak is one of the best.

Also, try checking out Tuesday for fares; Monday is when airlines change their fares, and Tuesday is when they start matching each other and trying to undercut; some studies say that around 3PM Tuesday is when they are at their lowest, with the weekend at its highest.

Finally, use incognito mode; some engines and airlines are known for keeping a price or increasing it if they know you've been looking for it for a while.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
Thanks for the tips, Momondo is still significantly lower than Kayak for the flight Im looking at

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
Depending on where Momondo is located, they could not be showing you everything. In the US, the FAA I think pretty much told airlines 'when you give a ticket price, it has to include everything, taxes, fuel surcharges, etc'. If Momondo is say in Europe and they quote US prices, they might just do the base fare and not the taxes/surcharges.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Finally, use incognito mode; some engines and airlines are known for keeping a price or increasing it if they know you've been looking for it for a while.
Seriously? That sounds like it should be illegal.

I use hipmunk. But yeah, you should also always be checking Southwest and JetBlue individually.

Vinen

God is dead
Depending on where Momondo is located, they could not be showing you everything. In the US, the FAA I think pretty much told airlines 'when you give a ticket price, it has to include everything, taxes, fuel surcharges, etc'. If Momondo is say in Europe and they quote US prices, they might just do the base fare and not the taxes/surcharges.
Euro company

Wouldn't trust it, not sure if Euros have the same regulations which force companies to disclose the full price. You will never pay more then what Kayak, etc advertises outside of baggage fees and stupid shit like that if you are dumb enough to book Spirit.

momondo A/S
Amagertorv 19
DK-1160 Copenhagen K
Denmark
Phone: +45 3337 8080

Seriously? That sounds like it should be illegal.

I use hipmunk. But yeah, you should also always be checking Southwest and JetBlue individually.
I really want to use hipmunk. but, its name makes me think of Hipsters and thus I cannot.

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
Well, you're pretty much fucked given that CRW is a very small airport with no 'bigger' airport around (closest big one is... Dulles? CLT?) SO you're stuck with AA / United / Delta. And the cheapest one is AA/US airways. 414$.

Things of course get cheaper the more access you have to airports. I'm in Los Angeles and I can use LAX, Burbank, Long Beach, Ontario and even OC.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I used to just rely on MatrixITA, but now a combination of MatrixITA and Kayak seems to cover pretty much everything.

Psypher_sl

shitlord
I use Google Flights as it lets you see a month or two in a timeline so you can see which days are the cheapest easily. As others have mentioned, Tuesday morning is when you want to check.