Better Call Saul

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
The writers are well aware of the fact that a large percentage of this show's audience watched BB. Given how good they have proven themselves to be at their craft, I don't see them relying on the suspense of what happens to any throwback characters. Their efforts are going to be invested in telling how they became the characters as we knew them in BB. It seems to be a bit much for most of us to have to tip toe through the thread because a few people were never able to get into the original show.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
If people are okay with spoiler tags then that's fine.
Thank you great and wise leader.

Why? This seems a weird stance to take. If you enjoy this show, and the connections that it makes, why wouldn't you want to watch BB? Is meth dealing (spoiler!) a trigger for you or something?
Sure, lets go with that, because the reason shouldn't really matter. Besides, this thread would not be the place to get into it. Start a new one if you really want that discussion to happen.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I kinda feel bad for the 1% that haven't watched BB and decided to get on the BCS train, like wtf? You know why i feel bad? cuz they're thinking, "wow BCS is really good now", while the rest of us normals that watched BB are THAT much more appreciative of Saul, and recently Mike.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I wished they'd advanced Mike's storyline a little more. I guess since he was in BB, we know he doesn't go to prison for life, but they still could have shown us what his daughter in law had to say to the cops. Any guesses as to whether they build another episode around that wrap up, or is it just going to go away with a wink and a nod? I hope he's not going to disappear from the series.

I forgot if I asked this already, but that scene at the beginning of the series where saul worked at cinnabun, do we know if that was before or after BB?

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I kinda feel bad for the 1% that haven't watched BB and decided to get on the BCS train, like wtf? You know why i feel bad? cuz they're thinking, "wow BCS is really good now", while the rest of us normals that watched BB are THAT much more appreciative of Saul, and recently Mike.
And I feel bad for you that you haven't accepted my close personal friend Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. But you don't see me bringing it up all the time, do you?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I wished they'd advanced Mike's storyline a little more. I guess since he was in BB, we know he doesn't go to prison for life, but they still could have shown us what his daughter in law had to say to the cops. Any guesses as to whether they build another episode around that wrap up, or is it just going to go away with a wink and a nod? I hope he's not going to disappear from the series.

I forgot if I asked this already, but that scene at the beginning of the series where saul worked at cinnabun, do we know if that was before or after BB?
if i answered any of your questions, tarrant might have a nervous breakdown and i would be sent to the spoiler gulag for an eternity. lets just say x person is a beloved character on x show.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
This feels like Breaking Bad season 1. I don't see how they wrap up anything with any weight to it really in the few episodes left. They're going to leave us on a cliffhanger of sorts and waiting for season two is going to SUUUUUCK. Every time this show ends I want to watch more and you know Gilligan is just going to blue ball the shit out of us. I'm guessing JimmyBro dies and something happens in the Nebraska timeline and we're all raging for 8 months to know what happens.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
That's after BB, cuz everything says it is, you can just think that he's worked his shift at the bun, bought some drink, watching his old VHS commercials and so far he's just been reflecting on how James would eventually turn into Saul who would eventually turn into Gene.

Which is a tad big weird because it's Gene, watching tapes about Saul and thinking how Saul was originally James.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
so far we have 3 timelines, post BB, PreBB with Jmmy McGill as a rookie lawyer and Slippin Jimmy who grafts with the best of them. we have yet to find out what exactly happens to turn Slippin Jimmy into a lawyer and we still havent found out what causes Chuck to have his mental breakdown/electromagnetic condition.
i also guess we wont see Jimmy turn into Saul Goodman until the end of this season or later. i am guessing (this is not a spoiler) that the change is due to something happening to Chuck. i dont know what.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think the change is going to happen slowly over time. These events (like last episode) is going to drive Jimmy to that conclusion. Jimmy's goal is obviously to be a big time hot shot lawyer (like HHM) and trying to rent the office space was a step in that direction.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
One thing I'm extremely curious about for this show is how it's going to deal with the events of Breaking Bad. Do they completely skip over that time period? If so, that seems kind of weird and anti-climatic since that obviously is going to be a huge turning point in his life. If they do carry the show to post-BB stories, for those who didn't watch BB it would be weird to have that huge time gap and just assume you knew what happened to Saul in BB. If they do show those events from his perspective, it might feel like a rehash to people who watched BB. Seems like a little bit of a conundrum.

However, after how good this show has been despite my initial doubts and how good BB was, I trust in Vince.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Vince said that they will bounce around between pre/during/post Breaking Bad so most likely they will show what he does behind the scenes and even show the same clips from BB / have people from BB do cameos to help fill in the gaps as needed.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
One thing I'm extremely curious about for this show is how it's going to deal with the events of Breaking Bad. Do they completely skip over that time period? If so, that seems kind of weird and anti-climatic since that obviously is going to be a huge turning point in his life. If they do carry the show to post-BB stories, for those who didn't watch BB it would be weird to have that huge time gap and just assume you knew what happened to Saul in BB. If they do show those events from his perspective, it might feel like a rehash to people who watched BB. Seems like a little bit of a conundrum.

However, after how good this show has been despite my initial doubts and how good BB was, I trust in Vince.
It always seemed like Saul had lots of other shit going on even while dealing with all of Walt's shit. Up until the end of season 4 and into season 5, it seemed like Walt wasn't a huge part of his overall life.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Since that's what they said they'll do (show during-BB timeline events) then ok, but it would have been easy to end this show right when he meets Walt too. With a small overview of the events of that show that lead to him working at the cinnabun. They've jumped pretty far in the past. He has a reputation as Saul in BB, meaning he's been 'Saul' for awhile at that point. There is plenty of time to have the entire series exist all in a pre-BB timeline of events that happen to him.

Basically, all the events that lead to him taking on the Saul persona, which could be as many seasons as they want, then the stuff he does as Saul with his borderline criminal activities for a few seasons, ending with his fall from grace.
Alternatively, show him get back on his feet post-cinnabun in the last seasons. All kinds of directions they could choose to go with the series.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Seriously though, any of you watching this who haven't watched Breaking Bad, go watch it. You're being an imbecile. It's an amazing show in its own right and it will help you enjoy this even more.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I agree with Tenks in that anyone who adamantly says they will not watch BB is doing so for hipster cred. There are far better things to have hipster cred over. Just watch the damn show. It's great.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Seriously though, any of you watching this who haven't watched Breaking Bad, go watch it. You're being an imbecile. It's an amazing show in its own right and it will help you enjoy this even more.
I agree with Tenks in that anyone who adamantly says they will not watch BB is doing so for hipster cred. There are far better things to have hipster cred over. Just watch the damn show. It's great.
You guys do realize that you sound like a bunch of annoying evangelical 7th day adventists, don't you?
FTFY

And I feel bad for you that you haven't accepted my close personal friend Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. But you don't see me bringing it up all the time, do you?