Better Call Saul

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
damnit, that was some cowboy shit jimmy pulled tonight, if i was his boss i would probably fire his ass. what the fuck was he thinking? ya gotta let the guys see the ad first. fuck it, is pulling in 20 grannies that fucking important?

spronk

FPS noob
Jimmy don't play by the rules of a man with no eyebrows!!!!!

If you call the phone number in the ad - 505-242-7700 - it asks if you are a resident of Sandpiper and tells you that you may be eligible to participate in a class action lawsuit and to leave your name and number. Hahaha

At the end my eyes started growing wide as they panned over what looked like chicken coops and a thin man stepped out of the shadows. "Hi Mike, I am really passionate about fried chicken and I want you in on the ground floor. We also sell drugs." Alas, too soon.

I don't quite get why though Mike just didn't tell his daughter in law he was outside all night and what she heard was newspapers. I guess she would get mad at him for not listening to her? Or would she? Maybe he knows women better than I do.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I am really enjoying the pace of this season..not too fast, letting things develop.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I don't quite get why though Mike just didn't tell his daughter in law he was outside all night and what she heard was newspapers. I guess she would get mad at him for not listening to her? Or would she? Maybe he knows women better than I do.
They didn't show the time, but I'm assuming the papers were delivered later than 2:13 (or whatever she said). If he revealed he was in his car in the street all night, then she'd flip out on him like the day before when he wanted to stay the night with them. He probably thinks she's nuts/paranoid and would rather play along than risk losing access to his granddaughter.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They didn't show the time, but I'm assuming the papers were delivered later than 2:13 (or whatever she said). If he revealed he was in his car in the street all night, then she'd flip out on him like the day before when he wanted to stay the night with them. He probably thinks she's nuts/paranoid and would rather play along than risk losing access to his granddaughter.
newspapers dont usually get delivered til at least 4am and as late as 6am. back in the 90s i part timed as a paper deliverer(paperboy!) i even had a station wagon too. the news doesnt usually go to press until after midnight and by the time all the papers are printed and sent out to be picked up its after 3am. so yeah, the noises she heard was not the paperboy, it was in her imagination. mike was right there, there was nothing.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Soo, guessing the guy that is needing to be taken care of would be Tuco via by going to jail so Skinny Pete can meet him? That or Crazy Eight and getting caught to later be turned into an informant?

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Soo, guessing the guy that is needing to be taken care of would be Tuco via by going to jail so Skinny Pete can meet him? That or Crazy Eight and getting caught to later be turned into an informant?
So many references I have forgotten about...need to watch BB all over again.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
For some reason I have this thought that the daughter in law is trying to scam him somehow (get them a new/better house), she was pretty adamant on him not staying there and then basically throws it in his face when he questions if she was dreaming it. I also think that's why he didn't tell her he was watching the place all night.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
For some reason I have this thought that the daughter in law is trying to scam him somehow (get them a new/better house), she was pretty adamant on him not staying there and then basically throws it in his face when he questions if she was dreaming it. I also think that's why he didn't tell her he was watching the place all night.
That is exactly my thought because I don't think the gouge in the column got there accidentally. She might just be legitimately scared of her environment and can't bring herself to just ask for help.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think she's scamming him too. He was nice to her and she's taking full advantage of it.

She sort of looks like Alan's wife from Two and a Half Men, but I don't know if it's the same woman. Probably not.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
I will throw in my vote as well that she is trying to scam him for a better house.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
What makes her think he can get her a better house? For all she knows he's a parking attendant

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i dont think shes trying to scam anyone. people can imagine some crazy ass shit. when i was a kid one time my parents went out and left my sis and i with a babysitter. we were upstairs playing monopoly when all of a sudden we heard noises from downstairs like somebody was walking around. we went to the top of the stairs my sister and i were scared. the lights downstairs were out and my pansy babysitter was shaking. this was around the time when Halloween had just started playing on cable so i guess he thought it was michael myers down there. anyway he had a large pair of shears in his hand and we were trying to see in the darkness. then there was another noise that sounded like somebody coming up the stairs. babysitter freaked out and threw the scissors at the darkness. we heard a thump, like as if he hit somebody. he screamed and we all ran back into one of the bedrooms and locked the door. he swore that he saw somebody and described what they were wearing.

about an hour later we hear my dad's car pull into the driveway and then come in the house. we unlocked the bedroom door came out and the lights were back on downstairs . my dad calls for us and we come down the stairs, no body or anything on the ground. my dad asks whats going on here. he is pointing at our downstairs closet which is at the foot of the stairs. sticking out of the door is the large shears my sissy babysitter threw down. the guy was 16 and that was the last time we had him babysit. the noises we heard was probably the boiler kicking on in the basement. it always made weird noises. anyway, the moral of that story is, your imagination can do some interesting things. just lookj at Chuck and his electricity phobia

Toids

Molten Core Raider
What makes her think he can get her a better house? For all she knows he's a parking attendant
The new bullet hole that showed up over the night he was staking out her place came shortly after he handed her an envelope full of cash. I think she might be looking for more than some cash, and I think mike understands that.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Got to thinking about the daughter-in-law with the late night shooting thing. I think it was the Nacho Varga with his small van crew. I think he tracked Mike down to the daughter-in-law and was testing Mike, after what Mike did to him with his father's shop, Mike seemed to be the guy he needs for this job.

I think Nacho shot at the house to get the daughter-in-law's attention so she would get the ball rolling.
When Mike was there that night I bet they were in a spot they could see Mike but Mike couldnt see them but yet was in a spot the daughter-in-law could see them. Would make a lot more sense for the ending of this episode.

Given Nacho's past with the Kettlemans and Daniel 'Pryce' Wormald (Drug seller with the school bus for 6year old pimps), he has been known track ppl to get what he wants.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got to thinking about the daughter-in-law with the late night shooting thing. I think it was the Nacho Varga with his small van crew. I think he tracked Mike down to the daughter-in-law and was testing Mike, after what Mike did to him with his father's shop, Mike seemed to be the guy he needs for this job.

I think Nacho shot at the house to get the daughter-in-law's attention so she would get the ball rolling.
When Mike was there that night I bet they were in a spot they could see Mike but Mike couldnt see them but yet was in a spot the daughter-in-law could see them. Would make a lot more sense for the ending of this episode.

Given Nacho's past with the Kettlemans and Daniel 'Pryce' Wormald (Drug seller with the school bus for 6year old pimps), he has been known track ppl to get what he wants.
Given where his car was, I find it pretty remote that a shot would hit the side of the house like that and he wouldn't notice it. It's entirely possible that she's mistaking the newspapers for gunshots and she believes a bullet made the mark on the house. But she does know that Mike is providing her with money. If she really was scared why didn't she let Mike stay with them that night?