Beverly Hills Cop: Axel Foley

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah it's the worst of the three movies but I certainly don't hate the third one.

Whoever controls the green lines controls Southern California! lol
lets be real. 2 wasnt that great either. it was OK.
this was the only funny line i can remember from it after he met Brigitte Neilsen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
How many movies growing up as a kid, made you think benches were impervious to harm and the safest place to hide? That gun is fucked up hilarious

Goatface

496pz0piei1c1.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
in reality, Axel Foley would have gotten his pension and retired after 30 years. or being that he doesnt follow rules, they would have shitcanned him off the force.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, a complete reality-based film is really what I'm looking for when I think of Beverly Hills Cop. Maybe we can get some colonoscopy scenes, too.

I only wish Lethal Weapon focused solely on Murtaugh having trouble getting his retirement benefits in full and Riggs working desk duty while IA investigated his antics. It all could have been so much better.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, a complete reality-based film is really what I'm looking for when I think of Beverly Hills Cop. Maybe we can get some colonoscopy scenes, too.

I only wish Lethal Weapon focused solely on Murtaugh having trouble getting his retirement benefits in full and Riggs working desk duty while IA investigated his antics. It all could have been so much better.

You left out Murtagh seeing a counsellor to discuss his repressed feelings over his daughter.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Dude has been a cop for over 40 years. How much suspension of disbelief is required to go along that he's still a cop doing whacky cases?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Feeling like Kevin Bacon is going to be a bad guy.

Watch trailer, Kevin's probably the bad guy, scroll down to post, waaaaaaaay too slow.

I hope not? The third film had that going on and if it is the case everyone's going to see it coming.

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I apparently missed the part where this is going to be on Netflix. Looks like I'll have acquire this one by other means.

Fadaar

That guy
in reality, Axel Foley would have gotten his pension and retired after 30 years. or being that he doesnt follow rules, they would have shitcanned him off the force.

sheeyit Maverick only made O-6 by.... 2020? whatever year it was supposed to originally come out.. after being an O-3 in 1986

Sterling

El Presidente
sheeyit Maverick only made O-6 by.... 2020? whatever year it was supposed to originally come out.. after being an O-3 in 1986
most lifer officers retire as 0-5s. the jump from 0-6 to 0-7 is a big one. too lazy to find a chart but there's something like 5 percent as many 0-7s as there are 0-6s.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
most lifer officers retire as 0-5s. the jump from 0-6 to 0-7 is a big one. too lazy to find a chart but there's something like 5 percent as many 0-7s as there are 0-6s.

I'd imagine O-5 to O-6 is the biggest dropoff, especially since O-5 pay is really good and from that point on you don't get to actually do your job anymore. Once you hit full bird you're well into the political sphere of the officer corps and just need to focus on suckin the right dicks to get your stars.

edit: holy fuck I'm way wrong

dont know how accurate that is but yeah, dropoff from over 3600 to just over 100 going from O-6 to O-7. i imagine the air force ranks are WAY more of a dropoff going from O-4 to O-5 to O-6 than the army due to no warrants. take all those warrants in the army and distribute them and the numbers would inflate a LOT for the O-1 to O-5 ranks.

Last edited:

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Judge Reinhold and the other guy look too plastic to enjoy. Sometimes when we do sequels 30 years apart it’s fucking stupid and disjointed. Actually I’ve yet to see an 80’s inspired recent sequel that has been good. Maybe I’m forgetting one. TFA was ok then they pissed that away plus repeated watching sans fanboy glasses showed it was mostly shit too. Maverick I guess and I missed that one in theaters.

Did they put Meg Ryan in that one? Because holy hell- talk about a fucking freak show.