Beyond : Two Souls

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I guess some people could be under rocks and not heard of this game, but its just a few months out and everytime i see it(E3) included i want to buy it more and more.

One of the very few games that may make me keep my PS3 beyond August.

The E3 footage was not as spectacular as some may have hoped, but considering the scope of the game i think some misunderstood and took it to be a shooter.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Already decided to GameFly this even though it's my most anticipated game this year, due to them sucking the GameStop cock with that exclusive Special Edition. I had it pre-ordered at Amazon until they made the announcement that no retailer besides GS was getting anything at all.

This definitely does nothing to change my mind though.

Edit: Demo is up on PSN now for everyone.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Already decided to GameFly this even though it's my most anticipated game this year, due to them sucking the GameStop cock with that exclusive Special Edition. I had it pre-ordered at Amazon until they made the announcement that no retailer besides GS was getting anything at all.

This definitely does nothing to change my mind though.

Edit: Demo is up on PSN now for everyone.
I don't see the demo. Where is it?

Nevermind. See it. They should have this on the front page. Had to search for it.

Szlia

If the US and the EU versions are both cut in different ways, maybe Japan will provide us the full experience.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The game is out for download on all the standard piracy sites - Beyond.Two.Souls.PS3-iMARS

Expect there to be

a.) Spoilers soon
b.) Hype built up soon

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
The game is out for download on all the standard piracy sites - Beyond.Two.Souls.PS3-iMARS

Expect there to be

a.) Spoilers soon
b.) Hype built up soon
Too bad. I would hope that quantic dreams sales are not killed by this. They tend to make games I really like with a deeply involved story. I played the demo, and the feeling I got was these NPCs are going to be scared to death of the little girl and what she can do. Reminded me of the movie Firestarter.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Demo impressions: Holy QTEs batman. I wouldn't touch this game with a 10 foot pole with gameplay like this except the story looks interesting. Still on the fence though.

Vorph

Well, yeah. It's like Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy and Heavy Rain. Quantic Dream pretty much just does one thing--interactive movies with QTEs--but they do it very well.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Yeah, I picked up the demo literally knowing nothing about it so it was a bit shocking. However I'm a sucker for good stories and am willing to overlook a lot for a good one. It's not a day one purchase for me but I'm definitely going to keep an eye on it, as long as the story doesn't shit the bed I imagine I'll pick it up.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I picked up the demo literally knowing nothing about it so it was a bit shocking. However I'm a sucker for good stories and am willing to overlook a lot for a good one. It's not a day one purchase for me but I'm definitely going to keep an eye on it, as long as the story doesn't shit the bed I imagine I'll pick it up.
If you are into amazing stories, then you will want to try Heavy Rain first on the cheap - see if you like the sort of thing they do before throwing down 60. I have loved their previous games. Indigo Prophecy and Heavy Rain rank up there with my all time favorites, but I also love story and put it over QTE's. If it is anything like their other games, there will be a lot of interaction within the world as well.

Vorph

I hope they've gotten better at branching the story in more ways than just "you did all the QTEs quickly and [almost] perfectly" and "you suck at QTEs, probably intentionally just to see what happens." The demo didn't really show me anything in that regard; there's just a few branches based on how well you do. David Cage talked up the new QTE system (the no-prompt slow-mo stuff while running/fighting) in interviews, but honestly I would have been ok with them sticking with Heavy Rain's system and just adding more choices that weren't simply pass/fail checks. I suppose that's partly because I find it pretty hard to tell which way to move the r-stick in a few of those slow-mo sequences in the demo though.

Still can't wait to play the full game next week though.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
Game will now be released as two different versions. US version will be censored for sexual content and the EU version will be censored for violent content.
Does this mean no motion captured ellen page boobs?

Ryanz

<Banned>
So is Ellen Page going to be the voice for every main female character in video games these days?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
He's probably confusing her with the look-a-like and sound alike from The Last of us.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
If the US and the EU versions are both cut in different ways, maybe Japan will provide us the full experience.
Finally people might be having to import the Australia version. Given GTA5 passed with no cuts I can't see there being any issues with Beyond (and none have come up yet that I have heard of), but knowing our luck they'll just say it's not worth the expense to have a 3rd SKU and we'll get one that's got both sex and violence cut.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Save yourself 60$ and watch this interactive movie on youtube with no commentary.

I wouldn't really call it a game at all. The story is okay and the mocap animation is pretty phenomenal. But it's literally just a movie.