Bicycling

Seventh

Golden Squire
42T is on. Need to add some links to the chain, but I'm diggin' the green. Anodized parts = speed.

j5WQ88o.png

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why do you need zip ties on the chainstay protector? Lizardskins makes a huge version of that for oversized stays FYI.

Seventh

Golden Squire
Why do you need zip ties on the chainstay protector? Lizardskins makes a huge version of that for oversized stays FYI.
That is the huge version. That's the like, super jumbo or whatever. The flares on the fat bike are wide as fuck (remember, that's a 4.6" tire), so I hit them a lot with my heel. They're mostly just for peace of mind.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's what I figured. You could always do the split open tube or electrical tape version, but I imagine that's not your style.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I'm up in the air on getting a GoPro. Is it even fun on a road bike? I can't imagine having extra weight on my helmet, especially on 4-12 hour rides.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I'm up in the air on getting a GoPro. Is it even fun on a road bike? I can't imagine having extra weight on my helmet, especially on 4-12 hour rides.
I'd think 99.999% of the time it'd be totally pointless and you'd just delete the footage.. but then that one time something happens...

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Can you get it mounted on your frame someplace instead? Also, batteries only last about an hour (or at least, that's what I've heard from friends).

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I can do that, yah. I think Cad is right though. I would only use maybe about twenty minutes worth of footage because most of it will be boring.

Disp_sl

shitlord
Even mountain biking is kinda tough to get good footage. I haven't used mine in a couple months because it just doesn't come out anywhere like how you remember it. I've had a lot of problems with stability too, which wouldn't likely be a big issue for street riding. Overall they're kinda fun to mess around with for the novelty, but probably not worth the cost and effort.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I can do that, yah. I think Cad is right though. I would only use maybe about twenty minutes worth of footage because most of it will be boring.
It sucks for long road rides cause most of it is worthless. I bought mine and used it for a month or so and now it's just collecting dust. I've been contemplating using it for some alleycats just so I can post it here and make people angry.

Don't mount it on your helmet though. It looks so dorky, try to mount it in the handlebars so it's a bit more concealed.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
It sucks for long road rides cause most of it is worthless. I bought mine and used it for a month or so and now it's just collecting dust. I've been contemplating using it for some alleycats just so I can post it here and make people angry.

Don't mount it on your helmet though. It looks so dorky, try to mount it in the handlebars so it's a bit more concealed.
I'd dig some alleycat footage. Last guy who won rode a fixie. I was fucking floored at it and would have dug to see some of his ride.
edit: Link to pics/results -2014 All City Championship Alleycat Photos Bike Jerks

The first place female also took first in the bandit cross event (and she's on the All-City {QBP brand} Cyclocross team).

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I was going to record the last one I did but I was going brakeless on risers so I had no place to mount the camera. I have one coming up next month which is a smaller one so Ill likely record it. I'll just have to find sine secure way to mount it.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
So I was riding my cheap road bike last night on a local trail and passed a hipster on a fixed gear. He got up out of the saddle and pedaled super hard and re-passed me (I average 17-18mph on that trail, not fast or anything, but not slow.) I just let him go. I saw him like 90 seconds later sitting on a bench wheezing, completely wasted.

No real content here other than "wtf bro?" he was wearing some hipster jeans and had his right pant leg rolled up so it wouldn't get caught in the sprocket too. Haha. This makes a good case for mounting the GoPro
smile.png

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What's your highest mileage? Centuries are fun only if you're prepared.
tongue.png
My quad-cycle has like 155k miles... Joking aside, does anyone else in this thread use one of those "in house rollers" where you prop up the back tire and bike in place? I hate biking in the city (although I live in Portland Maine, so its not that big a city), but If I cant bike in nature, I would rather be able to watch a movie or the history channel, than deal with downtown in my city...

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
My quad-cycle has like 155k miles... Joking aside, does anyone else in this thread use one of those "in house rollers" where you prop up the back tire and bike in place? I hate biking in the city (although I live in Portland Maine, so its not that big a city), but If I cant bike in nature, I would rather be able to watch a movie or the history channel, than deal with downtown in my city...
Those are trainers, rollers are a different type of bike machine. For recreational/amateur cyclist trainers are better since rollers have a very specific reason to use.

Trainers are fine if you can zone out and watch tv for long stretches of time but nice cause you can set up resistance and hill grades on the nicer ones.

@mccheese centuries are easy as long as your bike fits you properly. Just get some nice chamois shorts and some chamois creme and off you go. It's only hard if you are trying to maintain 20+mph average. Plus it gives you an excuse to have a pizza roll binge afterwards cause it's around 3k calories burned.