Bicycling

Seventh

Golden Squire
I've never actually looked at retail on them. I get discount of 15-30% on most purchases, and last I looked it was about $170 per tire for me. But the "aren't that expensive" was relative to car tires... I can't remember the last time I spent less than $400 on car tires, but maybe I'm getting taken by the mechanic.
She drives a Civic, so it's just a set of 185/65/15 BFG all seasons. I just thought it was comical.
wink.png

If you're getting those exact tires for $170/tire, do yourself a favor - buy a shitload of them and toss them on eBay for $225 or so. They'll sell like mad.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
She drives a Civic, so it's just a set of 185/65/15 BFG all seasons. I just thought it was comical.
wink.png

If you're getting those exact tires for $170/tire, do yourself a favor - buy a shitload of them and toss them on eBay for $225 or so. They'll sell like mad.
That'll make me lose the discount. I've not actually bought any, just asked what it would cost.

Seventh

Golden Squire
WTF you need 120 TPI on a fatbike tire for?
Lighter, and (arguably) better at lower pressures because they're more supple (more grip). Lower TPI is more durable, but since these are studded and only for snow/ice, it's a little sacrifice in durability for more grip and a bigger contact patch.

Plus, 120 is a higher number, thus it's clearly better. It is known.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
50g per tire? Shit, that is like a bite or two of a bananna?

I can force a shit before a ride bigger than that. Think of all the savings!! And great BMs to look forward to.

Seventh

Golden Squire
How many grams per tire we talking here?
It's cumulative, you heathen noob! Do you seek out heavier shit when you buy bike parts?

BTW if you look closely, you can peep my bitchin' Enve carbon stem cap in this pic from this morning.. That's like another gram right there! The savings are endless!

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Removing the GPS could save some weight too... just saying...

Seventh

Golden Squire
Removing the GPS could save some weight too... just saying...
But... But then how would people know that I tore it up in such badass fashion? Fuck dude, that's like going to the gym and not Facebooking it. Get your shit together!

Also, because you guys are busting my balls, here they are mounted up with some extra hipstergram and perfect brand label placement. If only I could get them with anodized green studs!

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
But... But then how would people know that I tore it up in such badass fashion? Fuck dude, that's like going to the gym and not Facebooking it. Get your shit together!

Also, because you guys are busting my balls, here they are mounted up with some extra hipstergram and perfect brand label placement. If only I could get them with anodized green studs!
Tweet that to QBP, they may put it up since you can't see it's on a fatboy.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
God damn I want one of these...
rrr_img_84629.jpg

edit: I can't figure out how/why the forum rotated the picture...

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Jysin again.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pic stolen from a facebook group, but holy fuck this is a beautiful machine. Since the most recent post was a Salsa fatty.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I don't think I could ever do suspension on a fatty... the salt/dirt would just eat away at it.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
The titanium and green one is my favorite. I keep looking to pick up a used demo of one.