Big Picasso's thread or BPT for short.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I just want to take a moment and salute Drinsic for doing God's work in the Great Internets War of 2013/2014. I don't agree with all the Negs he's given out but I think he deserves some recognition for fighting such a thankless battle.

Jx3

Riddle me this...
Bros, I went to school yesterday to take one of my finals. I wore PJ pants, am I bad person?

Izo

Tranny Chaser
rrr_img_52875.jpg

Yes. How'd you do, what's your gut feeling?

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I just want to take a moment and salute Drinsic for doing God's work in the Great Internets War of 2013/2014. I don't agree with all the Negs he's given out but I think he deserves some recognition for fighting such a thankless battle.
thx bud

Jx3

Riddle me this...
Bro, 95% of history is just repeating what someone else said, I'll just let Araysar prove my point.

Araysar_sl said:
Yeah, i gotta work tomorrow too.

Its been fun playing Borderlands 2 and watching NFL all day, but unlike Hodj and Merlin I actually have to go and earn a living instead of mooching from the government

never forget:

1. 99% of Kentucky voted for pro-slavery candidates in 1860 presidential election, less than 1% voted for Abraham Lincoln
2. In 1860 election, Kentucky gave its electoral votes to the Constitutional Union party, a party that wanted to preserve the status quo of slavery
3. The nominee that Kentuckians voted for was John Bell, a well known slave holder and plantation owner who declared open support for Confederacy within months of losing the election and urged his own state (Tennessee) to join the Confederacy and fight against the federal government
4. Kentuckians refused to participate in the war and side with either side, until the choice was essentially made for them and then reluctantly picked the winning side.
5. Kentucky actively refused to ratify the 13th amendment, becoming 1 of only 4 states to refuse to ratify it in 1865 and only 1 of 2 states who wouldn't ratify it in the same century (19th), ratifying it in 1975, the second to last state in the Union to do so.
6. The 8 consecutive governors elected by Kentuckians in the wake of the Civil War, were all prominent Confederates
7. Kentucky had one of the most slavery friendly state Constitutions in the Union.
8. 9 out of 10 Kentuckians consider their state a Southern state
9. The US Census Bureau considers Kentucky to be a Southern state
10. Almost just as many Kentucky volunteers fought for the Confederacy as well as the Union
11. For 100 years after the Civil War, Kentucky enacted the most brutal and harshest Jim Crow laws of any state in the Union, that essentially criminalized being a person of color in the State of Kentucky.
Its Southern, just like West Virginia.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I agree with Big Green, we're too civilized to tear ourselves apart like the Council of the Shaw did.

Though I was looking through WV facts and in Antioch WV there is the log cabin where Lincoln's mother was born?

Jx3

Riddle me this...
West Va is pretty awesome place to be if your a early America/Civil history kind of person. Harpers Ferry alone is worth coming here for.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
As a Kansasn whenever I hear Harper's Ferry, I think of John Brown. And when I think of John Brown I think of Bleeding Kansas. And when I think of Bleeding Kansas, I am reminded of how Missourians surged across the border to vote in elections so as to create a pro-slavery gov't (not to mention illegal since their votes shouldn't have even counted) and later how they came across the border to murder Kansans because they were anti-slavery.

I don't know about Kentucky, but I do know that Kansas isn't a Southern state.

iannis

Musty Nester
WVa is great. If only it weren't so pigfucking poor.

But as a white guy? When the revolution comes I am not running for mexico. I am running for West Virginia. Like the Noble Cherokee before us, we will make our stand in the mountains.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I always thought that there was a big divide in WV between the poor and the well to do. Like, you had people living in the mountains that had never seen a television versus people in the urban cores that lived a lot like anyone else in another urban core.

I knew a guy in the Army that was from the mountains of WV. He said something about how small his HS was and that they didn't have electricity until he was 11 or 12 or something like that. He was engaged to his HS sweetheart, but then he started fooling around with this biker chick from Junction City. He was an odd duck with a giant forehead so we assumed that his fiance would be Shelley-bad, but she came out to visit once and we just couldn't believe it. Know the pics of that one HS pole vaulter with the "DAT ASS!"? She looked like that. Why his retarded ass was fooling around on her with some biker skank when he, as maybe a 5, had managed to score a 9-10 just didn't make any sense.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
As a sheltered upper class New Englander, going to WV was one of the scariest experiences of my life, much worse than encountering urban blacks.