Big Wreck - Ghosts

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

xKALECx

Golden Knight of the Realm
Several of the guitarist on this board are big enough fans for me to mention this one here. New album drops in Canada in a few days and a couple of weeks later in the States. Ian Thornley kills it yet again. How this guy can keep writing hits while blending Cornell'ish vocals and some of the best guitar out there still blows me away.

You can stream the album here until release day.
Big Wreck - Ghosts (full official album stream)

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Several of the guitarist on this board are big enough fans for me to mention this one here. New album drops in Canada in a few days and a couple of weeks later in the States. Ian Thornley kills it yet again. How this guy can keep writing hits while blending Cornell'ish vocals and some of the best guitar out there still blows me away.

I don't understand why people don't know them that well, they're good and they've been good Thornley/Big Wreck.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Man, their first album was a mainstay for me in high school/college. Under the Lighthouse was my teenage angsty breakup song.

xKALECx

In case you haven't heard it, their last album "Albatross",was just a couple of years ago. It's great as well. If anything, Ian Thornley has just gotten better.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Ladylike is still one of my favorite songs. It is complex in a way most music doesn't seem to be these days.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>

The Cornell comparison is lost on me, unless you're comparing looks. Cornell could go 80s glam metal range.

Favorite Big Wreck song:

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I get the Cornell comparisons. It's what drove me to listen to Big Wreck at first. Then I found out how awesome he is at playing guitar.

xKALECx

The Cornell comparison is lost on me, unless you're comparing looks. Cornell could go 80s glam metal range.

Favorite Big Wreck song:
I actually prefer Thornley's vocals over Cornell. Vocals like this one at 2:30 in is what makes many give a comparison.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Finally gave the title track a listen. Really good. That bass is fucking grooving!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Album's not out yet, right? You have an exclusive listen or something?

xKALECx

Was released in Canada last week. Friend of mine sent me a copy. Should release in the US in three weeks.

xKALECx

Just a reminder that the album officially releases in the US in the morning. I've worn this thing out over the past few weeks. GREAT album full of amazing guitar work.

Ian also remastered the first two albums and re-released them on itunes. Noticeable difference in sound for the better.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I like the latter half of the album a lot more. And yeah, there's great guitar work all over.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
These guys are finally making a stop in SF for the In Loving Memory Of anniversary tour. Show's not until March but I already picked up my ticket. Amped about this one. Never seen them.