Biggest guilty pleasures

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I love Brutul saying it was "very competent". I'm a big fan of the original by Dolly but honestly Mileys is better.

Putting that rendition in the guilty pleasures thread reminds of a date I was once on where she asked me what my guilty pleasures were. And then she proceeded to tell me one of her guilty pleasures was Elton John.

I think that performance is objectively excellent, but you still don't want to tell people that you like Miley, especially as a 40 year old man. I actually think wrecking ball is a great song too. Party in the USA is not a good song, but it's so damn catchy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
Weird that you consider this a guilty pleasure. I feel guilty saying I'm NOT a Grateful Dead fan as a San Franciscan. They are God-tier here.

I wouldn't say I have guilty pleasures because I wear them proudly. I have no guilt about them. I fucking love jam band music. Phish, Umphrey's McGee, moe, Spafford. Also love prog and most people don't get that kind of music. Artists that can write poppy jazz like Steely Dan also impress. But like I said, no guilt about liking any of that. Those musicians are sick and are a constant inspiration for me in my own playing.

And yeah, I get the irony that I'm not a Grateful Dead fan. Only compounds the guilt.
discodead is the guilty part. That phase was brutal, lol.

I like some truly shitty music but I can't think of anything off the top to link. I guess depeche mode. 80s bubblegum shi t like that. It is mostly shitty 80s music from my childhood.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Depeche Mode is one of the only 80s bands I actually like. That's a bad example. You could have said Tommy Tutone or Dead or Alive or some real bad 80s shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Speaking of 80s. This isn't exactly a guilty pleasure since it's parody music. But this entire album is so good that it almost qualifies as guilty pleasure because it's so legit.

Raskoljnikov

Lord Nagafen Raider
So many times I've been hit with this one, but it's hard to be annoyed. Maybe I'm actually starting to like it.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>

I actually prefer the Martial Hard variant...

there are a lot of different version and I have no fucking clue what the original version is, here is the one used in Crank 2: High Voltage (I think). I think it was close to the "homo fucking cunt" scene while he is being dragged behind a boat. Either way I really like that scene.

I tried not to laugh out loud at some women I heard talking about how some Taylor Swift song was their "Fight Song". You know, that song you would have as your entrance as a fighter, or better yet a wrestler, or you work out to. That cathartic release song.

Taylor Swift as a fight song? Faaaaaahk off.