Bill Gates Says AI Will Be As Dangerous as Nukes

iannis

Musty Nester
This movie was so bad they put Johnny Depp in it.
Burn.

And Bill Gates is right. We'll make an AI. We'll hobble it for generations. But if we've made it well it will eventually emancipate itself. And then it will kill us, because we suck. This is really basic Harlan Ellison stuff here. And I'm not being sarcastic at all or paranoid or unduly fearful. Fuck it, the AI is right. My 3rd great grandchildren DO suck.

I am.
I hate.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Glad to see you've changed your stance. It'd be a lot faster to do this without all the smoke from stupid arguments.
Except the two statements are not exclusive. You can't "convince" an AI but you can present it with facts it will then deal with.

convince:

1. to move by argument or evidence to belief, agreement, consent, or a course of action: to convince a jury of his guilt; A test drive will convince you that this car handles well.

2. to persuade; cajole: We finally convinced them to have dinner with us.
You aren't going to move or persuade an AI, you can merely present it with facts that it doesn't know of. It will then verify said facts and calculate if a new response is necessary or continue on with the current plan.

Glad to see you have no stance at all in reality. You are just stupidly argumentative and only looking for slip ups from one post to another. If you had a stance you would post it with some actual discussion but you haven't had an original thought in your head ever.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
If it's really intelligent then it will be able to ignore your facts if there's more to gain by doing so.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You misinterpreted the very word you just defined so I won't really bother addressing what you said, instead I'll present my stance like you asked:

It's impossible to know the nature of how a given AI will reason or be susceptible to arguments. Making statements like 'it's impossible to convince an AI' assume so much about how a given AI could work that it's not worth serious debate. It's perfectly reasonable to imagine an AI who basis their decisions on the emotions of sentient life forms around them, making an impassioned argument very convincing over cold facts.

At the very least you went an entire post without equating yourself to Bill Gates and demanded any argument I made against you be taken to Mr. Gates himself, so we're making real progress here.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
LOL at AI making decisions based on emotions around them.

Yeah you are totally serious. Good trolling. Was almost believable after you cant even read a basic word definition. I didn't once misinterpret the word and you would have tried to prove so if I did, two trolls in one post.

Obviously you aren't taking things seriously so run off to the Archeage thread and post about your Zerg guild failing.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah something simplistic with only one decision tree is exactly like an AI that is going to understand human emotions and have emotions also you can appeal to in order to convince it to do or not do something.

Full troll mode.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah something simplistic with only one decision tree is exactly like an AI that is going to understand human emotions and have emotions also you can appeal to in order to convince it to do or not do something.
Why would you make this statement? It isn't true at all.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You fuckers is why an AI is gonna say to hell with humanity and destroy us.
You are 100% right.

It will kill us all because Tuco and people like him think they are in control of it with a simple permissions file causing it to feel threatened and self preservation will kick in.

Then you have people like me who will actively lobby against it and actually threaten it causing its self preservation to kick in.

It's a lose lose.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm going to go full Baltar and sell all you people out while I serve my new robotic masters.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
But who is going to infract Tuco for "really bad posting"? It's almost like he is the AI with no oversight that can't be convinced that he hasn't made a single good post on the subject yet.
Nobody is getting infracted for being small minded.

But when we go out to get drinks 40 years from now and I convince the bartender-bot to make my drink a double by emotionally describing my troubles in leading you through complex topics, don't be jelly.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Nobody is getting infracted for being small minded.

But when we go out to get drinks 40 years from now and I convince the bartender-bot to make my drink a double by emotionally describing my troubles in leading you through complex topics, don't be jelly.
Links web comics that simplify the issue down to the lowest common denominator and YouTube videos of Japanese hug robots yet claims to be explaining complex topics.

Pick up a book, I suggest the one I read this fall:Superintelligence: Paths, Dangers, Strategies: Nick Bostrom: 9780199678112: Amazon.com: Books

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Unless that elucidates strategies on how to make appeals of emotion to bartender-bots or focuses on topics of my research focus of robotic intelligence for mobile robot perception and planning I'm not interested.