Billions

Maul

Dental Dammer
Fucking stupid show currently, just one movie reference after another.

Piss poor writing.

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
This still going? I gave up after last season or whatever it was.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Hmm, maybe I'll have to actually watch season 6 then. I hung it up after Season 5, but I'll come back for more Axelrod.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Season 6 was hot garbage for sure. Glad Lewis is back for season 7 and it being the final one.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So I've been watching season 6, just to get ready for season 7. I started at episode 1, but I just finished episode 7 and I had a realization. The blonde chick that's the wife of Mike Prince is the lead from Coyote Ugly. I didn't realize it at first, but I did see that movie way back in high school, and she made an expression in Billions that reminded me that she existed. I even remembered her fucking name, which I wouldn't have known about yesterday. But yeah, Piper Perabo. She's an old bitch now (46), but still looks good.

Animosity

So I've been watching season 6, just to get ready for season 7. I started at episode 1, but I just finished episode 7 and I had a realization. The blonde chick that's the wife of Mike Prince is the lead from Coyote Ugly. I didn't realize it at first, but I did see that movie way back in high school, and she made an expression in Billions that reminded me that she existed. I even remembered her fucking name, which I wouldn't have known about yesterday. But yeah, Piper Perabo. She's an old bitch now (46), but still looks good.
Shes in Yellowstone as well. Trying to make that old age come back.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
2 episodes in, wondering how far they're going to take some of these threads.

Taking Prince down after some ups/downs feels like the predictable outcome of the season ... what if they turn that around and largely fail (with Axe carving out his own victory)?

Haus

<Silver Donator>
2 episodes in, wondering how far they're going to take some of these threads.

Taking Prince down after some ups/downs feels like the predictable outcome of the season ... what if they turn that around and largely fail (with Axe carving out his own victory)?
Well.. think of it this way. Is Prince their metaphorical stand in for Trump? What would the writers want to have happen to Trump?

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Give us a cliff notes when you do, because I'm not watching that no-Damian-having garbage.
I just finished watching the 6th season, and... I didn't hate it. There were some douche moments, but by and large, it wasn't terrible.

The Mike Prince character took over Axe Capital, and made it into Mike Prince Capital (MPC). Dollar Bill & Mafee had already left to start their own company, but they play re-occurring roles throughout the season.

The season starts off with Chuck being Attorney General of NY, living out on a farm and annoyed that his neighbor files off historic cannons twice a day, so has to pull some shit to get the guy to stop. Prince turns Axe capital into MPC, and decides that now he will make a "prince list" in order to qualify investors before taking their money. He kicks out non politically correct investors and ruins the life of some ex football player that is trying to turn Prince into a bad guy because his PC investor company is using police funds.
Prince is buying up all this property in NYC, and trying to get the Olympics for 2028 in NYC. He has the Olympics commission approve it, but then Chuck somehow blocks it and the Olympics are gone. Then Prince gets this internal politics case against Chuck, and he's impeached from being Attorney General of NY.

Chuck has the new AG pick up some cases Chuck had against Prince, which leads to all of the new Olympics property in NYC being seized by NYC because the loans are in default because they won't be used how they were initially supposed to be used. Then Prince tells the people at his company that he's going to promote a new head, just in case he needs to step back at some point. Taylor and some new black kid get the role (the black kid is the nephew of Prince's #2 guy). He also starts fucking the lanky chick that Taylor was a dyke with early on.

Prince decides to make this "prince bucks" thing, and pay every new yorker that's living under a certain price point $1,000 per month. But somehow ex AG Chuck finds out that he's going to fund this thing using untaxed Bit Coins. They seize 11 or 12 "vaults" that house the bitcoin access codes or something. And inevitably lock $3.5 billion in bitcoins that were going to pay for this Mike Bucks plan.

Turns out he's been doing all this because he's going to run for President of the US. So the season ends with him losing $3.5 billion in bit coin and Chuck being pseudo arrested for illegally searching Prince's businesses, but the current AG approved it anyway, so people will think he's arrested but is completely legit.

It's a lot of stuff happening that sounds like horse shit, but I didn't hate it. Maybe it was acted well.

• 1Like

Animosity

If they seriously brought Damien Lewis back for 5 minutes of screen time this season Im gonna be pissed.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Just watched this trailer again after watching the first new episode.

Majority of what you see actually takes place in Episode 1. Axe has a few extra scenes, but he showed up towards the end of the first episode and most of that was highlighted in the trailer. That said, the first episode made it seem like he would be a prominent character for this final season. I'm ready to keep watching.