Biomutant (Open World RPG, 5/25)

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
$15/mo. or $100/yr. Last time I felt the need to play an EA game at release was Jedi Fallen Order, so one month then cancel immediately suits me just fine.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
$15/mo. or $100/yr. Last time I felt the need to play an EA game at release was Jedi Fallen Order, so one month then cancel immediately suits me just fine.

Why even give them money?

Fitgirl and other sites are amazing these days. Wait 1 week and play it in full and not have to give any money to the cancer-fest that is the woke game industry.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Xerge

<Donor>

Fitgirl and other sites are amazing these days. Wait 1 week and play it in full and not have to give any money to the cancer-fest that is the woke game industry.
This. I decided I was going to wait on a repack for it. it is a good time to buy it on Epic if anyone does want to own it though.

Vorph

Eh, just less hassle to pay $15 and not have to deal with stuff like when games get a quick patch and you have to wait for someone to post it on cs.rin.ru. Pirating it would be a distant third for me, behind both EA Play and just renting it for Series X.

Biomutant is on GOG from day 1 though and definitely won't be using Denuvo, so if that's the way you want to go it shouldn't take more than a day or two for Fitgirl to repack it.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Pirating it would be a distant third for me, behind both EA Play and just renting it for Series X.

Don't wanna beat a dead horse nor single ya out but this behaviour is the reason why we get shitty dialogue packed on top of crappy character development. As soon as the average joe stops handing these companies money, they will be forced to downsize their pink-hair departments and hire bare-bones again.

100% a pipe-dream for me but:

Space Force Doing My Part GIF

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Vorph

What behavior? Option 1 is pay $15 for a month of EA Play Pro, option 2 is rent it which gives basically no money to anyone besides GameFly, and option 3 is to pirate it.

I don't really see any particular reason to try to stick it to the people who made Biomutant anyway. If this was the Mass Effect thread I'd agree 100%, but I haven't heard anything about Experiment 101 being infested with SJWs or anything like that, and unless they go full Greta when revealing how the game world ended up the way it is there's not a whole lot of room for politics to end up in it. But if they're going to offer the game for $15 instead of $60 when I already have SMT3: Nocturne to pick up on Tues along with Scarlet Nexus and some other stuff in the next couple months I'm not going to be all like "No, no, I insist on paying full price."

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I don't mind paying Playstation $50 a year to play all their PS2, PS3, and PS4 games.

But, to pay EA $100 a year to play their games pisses me the fuck off.

Do you get to play all the new sports games? If so, that's the only redeeming quality. Bc otherwise you're spending $180 a year on FIFA, NBA2K, and Madden.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't mind paying Playstation $50 a year to play all their PS2, PS3, and PS4 games.

Do you get to play all the new sports games? If so, that's the only redeeming quality. Bc otherwise you're spending $180 a year on FIFA, NBA2K, and Madden.
but you dont pay EA 100 dollars a year. You sub for 2 or 3 non consecutive months throughout the year.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

It includes the CE edition of Madden, FIFA and their other releases day 1 (if not early), in addition to some 3rd party stuff like this THQ release. I do it for Madden for the most part (unless the PC version is last gen this year, then I'm out), the rest is a bonus.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Was more excited for this before I saw streamers play it. Dunno what I was expecting, (I guess more of an open game?) but it seemed like every time i looked over to watch a stream they were stuck in some dialogue tree with an NPC being told where to go next.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well....I bought it. Looks neat enough to me. May be overpriced but worth a shot.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Was more excited for this before I saw streamers play it. Dunno what I was expecting, (I guess more of an open game?) but it seemed like every time i looked over to watch a stream they were stuck in some dialogue tree with an NPC being told where to go next.

Yeah, the rails seem very tight. Game still looks entertaining and combat legit looks fun.

Hosix

All labs matter!

I haven’t played yet. But it sounds like the first hour or two are really heavy on keeping you in your lane. After that it looks like it opens up.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, the rails seem very tight. Game still looks entertaining and combat legit looks fun.

I liked open world at first(Farcry series, AC,etc) but ive just played two far crys, two ACs, and feynx immortals rising....i think im ready for a guided tour with fun combat, good/funny story, and i happen to like the art style in this game. Ill post some thoughts on it once its out for me.

Will be playing from the nvidia shield thing if that matters.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
From what I've read from people who received early copies the first few hours are really on rails but it opens up completely shortly after which is fine I guess. We'll see. Seeing mostly positive impressions from people I generally trust or have similar gaming interests as me so I'll be playing this next week for sure. Nothing else worth a shit out right now anyways.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
The world design reminds me Apex Legends. If it opens up and you get to run around I bet it gets really fun.