Biomutant (Open World RPG, 5/25)

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
His reviews are normally decent, and not filled with cringey jokes.

He kinda rips on it a bit more during the live stream going on. Not worth the $60, would be super good priced at $40. It seems the stories presentation is going put people off since it seems written for young adults or children.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
He kinda rips on it a bit more during the live stream going on. Not worth the $60, would be super good priced at $40. It seems the stories presentation is going put people off since it seems written for young adults or children.
Yeah I was pretty interested in the game but it looks like I'll wait for a steam sale. I'm sure by Christmas it'll only be 20 bucks or something

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Small studio can't afford to buy reviews and gets put to the grinder. Color me surprised.

It may or may not be worth it, but I only listen to reviews from players (who don't get paid). Sounds like it's a small studio effort with a AAA price. Mileage will vary depending on what you expect from a game.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Watching streamers play this today, game appears to be shit. Looks nice, but gameplay is janky as fuck and looks like something from 20 years ago.

• 1Seriously?

Qhue

Trump's Staff
"Although for those who’ve waited so patiently to play it, they may well be disappointed to discover a gorgeous but janky mess, overly ambitious but under-achieving, and really rather broken."

From the Kotaku review

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
For some reason they really charge a lot for this game on Steam.

Cost of the game in most all stores is 499 Norwegian Kroner, which is US $59. On Steam it is 659 which is $77

?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

About what I expected after watching videos about how the various classes are wildly unbalanced relative to each other (read: everything but Merc and Deadeye is pointless). I was hoping it would turn out as surprisingly good as Immortals Fenix Rising did, but realistically that wasn't likely to happen from a much smaller studio. Still seems a no-brainer to get it for $15 from EA Play Pro... I just know now that going Deadeye and not worrying about any of the other combat styles is absolutely the way to go though.

IIRC THQ is one of those companies known for having terrible currency exchange pricing on Steam.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Argarth

On the verandah
^^
Well that's a big fat hard pass, and also explains the Pre-order "bait".
Why anybody still pre-orders and/or pays retail price for any game these days before the reviews are out, just blows my mind.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Annnnnd I canceled pre order.

What the fuck.

I was pumped for this. So fucking disappointing. What else is there? Anything else on the horizon?

• 1Truth!

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Annnnnd I canceled pre order.

What the fuck.

I was pumped for this. So fucking disappointing. What else is there? Anything else on the horizon?

Depends on what you want, but quite a few games coming soon.

RPGs I am looking forwards to.

Shin Megami Tensei 3 remaster - May 25th
Solasta: Crown of the Magister - May 27th
Edge of Eternity - June 8th
FF 7 intergrade - June 10th (waiting for whenever I get a PS5 for this)
Dark Alliance - June 22nd

Lots of other games too, but those are the ones I will most likely pick up from the start. June is a big month for game releases.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
its honestly shocking this game isn't on gamepass. Dark Alliance, Solasta, and Edge of Eternity are all on gamepass too

there was a $3 glitch on PC over the weekend for this game but its really unclear if you will be getting the game or the pre order DLC, lol. i dipped in but even if it gives me the game i doubt i'll play, enjoying mass effect too much. still haven't even played Destiny 2 campaign or Outriders

Ladro

Anomaly
Was kind of hoping this would end up one of those rare gems, but sadly seems to be a common turd. Sucks.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Damnit. Was looking forward to having a cool surprise. Oh well cancelled pre-order.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

LMAO. Holy shit.

So, the tl;dr on why people hate this thing so hard is bc it's basically the 3 hour preview repeated ad infinitum on top of super annoying time-wasting quests that force you to consistently run back to where you just came from. Nice!

• 2Like

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Another indie studio that tried to make a AAA sized game instead of focusing on quality, realistic goals.

Maybe in a couple years it'll be similar to NMS and be worth grabbing at half price.

• 2Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Biggest disappointment with seeing these reviews is how the world felt mostly empty of random encounters. I was looking forward to exploring that world, fighting shit and finding secrets. The story didn't matter to me much.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I cancelled both mine and my daughters' pre-orders. I am shocked it released in this state and the reviews were this "mixed". I am open to them patching the hell out of it but the Climate change/Mankind ruined the earth BS also helped make my decision. If you want to make your game political, better make it good enough to be worth tolerate the BS and exposing my kids to propaganda.

• 2Like