Bioshock Infinite

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Some challenges are absolutely brutal - at around 25/60 currently and a large portion of the rest I'm trying to wrap my head around even HOW to manage to do. (And of course about 1/3 of the missing ones got screwed because I like the "shock shirt" and apparently that goofs restricted damage ribbons)

Although I will say Charge (w/ all the bonuses) is darn handy for many of them when it's not restricted. Definitely don't think I'm going to 100% the DLC before working on another plat or two - think I'll get frustrated hard if I do. (Heck just the "Rope-A-Dope" trophy is giving me fits - doing the knock off, save and knock off thing for it....)

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
When is Burial at Sea taken place? Before the end of Infinite? Or is it "another" world of DeWitt's?

Taloo_sl

shitlord
alternate Dewitt/anna.
Maybe this will be the Dewitt that fights as a Vox Revolutionist, that dies.
No one will know for sure until it's out but she has the thimble on her finger. So I assume it's "our Elizabeth" personally. Too lazy to redo the last mission and look but a quick google image search didn't get me a picture where I could see if the others at the end of the game are missing a pinky or not.

I also always kind of assumed that Rapture and Columbia are an either or kind of thing. A universe only gets to have one Rapture, Columbia, whatever they call D'ni(anyone? I'll let myself out) in the next game, etc.

Troll_sl

shitlord
If you buy BSI for the combat mechanics, you're doing it wrong.

I mean, they're good. They get the job done and there's no problem with them, but there's absolutely nothing new to them.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Is this a joke? The combat in Infinite is basically as generic as a FPS can possibly get.
...what game isn't? If you could carry more than two fucking weapons the combat would be awesome rather than just pretty good. On 99 mode you will get demolished if you don't play like a pussy but the lower difficulties you can zip around using a number of different weapons and vigors raping shit like an action game if you so choose.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
/whiny bitch voice on.
But but but you can win just using shock and sniper rifle through the whole game!
/whiny bitch voice off.

People seem to think combat is what the easiest path is not what they can make it. Two gun thing is lame I agree but still many options to kill shit with.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The two weapon restriction is the most retarded shit to plague FPS since Aim Down Sight. Hey, I'll use a variety of weapons based on the available ammo or.. NOPE.. I'll always carry sniper + a close quarters gun in EVERY FPS.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
The two weapon restriction is the most retarded shit to plague FPS since Aim Down Sight. Hey, I'll use a variety of weapons based on the available ammo or.. NOPE.. I'll always carry sniper + a close quarters gun in EVERY FPS.
Don't forget also having to wear sniping gear and spending money to upgrade your sniper rifle as soon as humanly possible to ensure that stronger enemies don't just shrug off your sniping attempts later in the game.

Vaclav

Perhaps I was taking a less efficient approach, but I found the 2-weapon "restriction" to be fun since it forced me to switch around weapons more often then I'd like and use suboptimal weapons on a number of occasions and/or use melee whenever possible.

And finding the ribbons not nearly as tough as before, at 50/60 - these last few are gonna be a real challenge getting about 1 new one successful per 15 waves at this point - but they're falling into place now.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I fucking hated the two gun restriction. It didn't add to my gameplay experience in any meaningful way. Just more trashcan scrounging for my ammo.

Fuya_sl

shitlord
Wasn't it Halo that started the two gun thing? I agree with you though. I mostly carry sniper and shotgun every where I go. The other weapons are just filler until said sniper/shotgun appears.

So far these ribbons have been far too easy to get. I was actually kind of hoping for Killing Floor level of difficulty but then I remember that Bioshock is on console as well. Oh well, I enjoy the casual play of it all so I recommend it to anyone that ask about it.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Yep it was Halo. It breaks up the action and "ruins immersion" to change weapons via a menu as well as being complicated for the player on a console was the line of thinking. There is some validity to that as the only games I can think of that were prior to that were Duke Nukem and co. that got posted to the SNES and N64 and it was irritating as fuck to swap between weapons in an effective manner. The rise of fast paced console multiplayer meant the concept was here to stay because it's simply easier to do it that way with the limitations a controller imposes. So blame the xbros because it's entirely their fucking fault.

It can work on a console but I'm fairly certain it's just how things are going to be until someone comes up with a better way to get the same results for the console casuals who don't even care because they have never had it any other way.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Well the Radial Popup worked great for Bioshock, but Infinite had far too many weapons to allow for it.

The weapon diversity was pretty pointless though, most of them were redundant with very minor differences that could have been handled other ways (weapon mods, upgrades) that would have improved the experience overall.

Vaclav

BI if they wanted to do it radial style could've just added a toggle of some sort between the Founder and Vox variant of the given weapon quite easily.