Bioshock Remastered Collection

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Currently replaying. Infinite's multiverse/physics plot is superior to the first Bioshock, but I prefer Rapture to Columbia. A floating city is still plenty badass. Likewise Infinite's gameplay is an improvement while Bioshock's pacing is slightly better. Both are among the best story driven AAA games I've played in recent years. Didn't nab Burial at Sea when released so the conclusion has remained unspoilt.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Arguably, the most challenging aspect of any story with multiple entries is delivering a "worthy" conclusion. I'm a big fan of games that explore sciency stuff, and when it comes to game (and movie) stories, I'm pretty easy to please. In spite of all that, I couldn't help but feel like the ending of Burial at Sea was Ken Levine aggressively expressing his contempt of his own fans. It's definitely possible that I'm taking it too personally and instead of expressing contempt for his fans, he was actually thumbing his nose at his former corporate overlords (I'm sure you'll recall he shuttered Irrational as soon as Burial at Sea Pt 2 went gold and started an indie studio). Regardless of his reasons, I found the ending to not only be disappointing, but offensively so. Your mileage may vary.

For what it's worth, I hope you enjoy it. At least then I can tell myself that it's a matter of taste, and I just don't appreciate the team's creative decisions. Until then I'm left feeling like I wouldn't piss on Levine if he were on fire.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
FYI, BS 1 and 2 got hit with a patch this week that appears to have resolved a lot of the outstanding bugs and issues. If anyone had been scared off by the initial bad press, feel free to jump in now.

I'm playing through the first game again, and it's still pretty damn amazing.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
FYI, BS 1 and 2 got hit with a patch this week that appears to have resolved a lot of the outstanding bugs and issues. If anyone had been scared off by the initial bad press, feel free to jump in now.

I'm playing through the first game again, and it's still pretty damn amazing.

Did they fix the mouse issues? If not, I still don't care to try to slog through BS 1 again.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Forgot this was releasing. I loved all three entries. I believe, as do many, they are easily some of the best games ever made.

I did really like Infinite, but the last 3rd of the game definitely took a very a weird turn. "I'M KEN LEVINE AND YOU'RE GONNA LIKE IT".

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Watching those documentary snippets on each level is kind of neat seeing the "making of" moments. I do get the impression though that neither of those dudes seem super interested in being there.

Jaybee

Silver Knight of the Realm
Trying to play through the remastered version of the original but it crashed 3 times on the first level. Also, a lot of the dialogue is glitched and repeats itself. Not going to complain too loudly since it was free, but it is pretty aggravating because the nostalgia was there and I wanted to play through it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user