It begins...

tumblr_inline_p7r71hAPoW1rgrqpu_540.gif

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Salshun

Lord Nagafen Raider
It begins...

What begins, the drama queen Youtube reviews or the...honestly, I can't see past the Youtube drama queens. Who the fuck cares about some overpriced cosmetic bullshit? It's not pay to win, who gives 2 shits what they're charging for some purple plaid outfit?

• 2Like
  • 1OK, Sure

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like the game a lot. It's obviously not without flaws, but a lot of them have been proven to be ironed out with a newer build. Like others have said, it's not revolutionary, but it's fun and I look forward to playing it. Especially with friends. There aren't a lot of games these days that I WANT to play with my closest buddies and Anthem fills some of that void.

I genuinely don't understand the complaints about the controls, but then again I heavily modify everything I play to fit my tastes and play style. I can't remember a single game in the last 15 years where I didn't rebind nearly every key and adjust every other setting. Granted, the controls under water make me want to burn down churches, but everything else is fine with some fine tuning. I guess I just never expect controls to feel 'good' out-of-the-box because, for me, they never do.

Anthem has a ton of potential and could go from a good game to a great game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
The skin prices are absurd if legit but then again they are just skins - however the ones shown are ugly as sin so those prices gotta be wrong. Then again i spent over $400 on LoL skins and unlocks so im likely who this shit is aimed at, but they gotta atleast make the shit look dope.

• 1Picard

Ladro

Anomaly
The rage against the skins is funny, who knows what the real pricing will be. I buy cosmetic shit sometimes just because I want it; I'm an adult and get to make that choice for myself. If it's reasonably priced (yes, that's subjective) then who cares if they do it or not. I just want to know if there will be armor that can be acquired by doing things. If it's only from the MTX store, then fuck them I guess but you still don't need to buy it. It has no effect on your gameplay.

Edit: The shit EA pulled with SW:BF2 was the antithesis of this IMO, I've not seen anything like that yet in Anthem.

• 1Picard

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, it's always just been 'Cosmetics so who cares' and the cosmetic bullshit has steadily gotten more intrusive and more expensive, as they drive the microtransaction wedge deeper and deeper into full price games.

You people are fucking simpletons.

• 3Like

Ladro

Anomaly
People have self control, if they choose to not exercise it then there's really no excuse is there?

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, it's always just been 'Cosmetics so who cares' and the cosmetic bullshit has steadily gotten more intrusive and more expensive, as they drive the microtransaction wedge deeper and deeper into full price games.

It's just a horse saddle, they said. Wow, were those doomsayers right. That fucking AI/UI mock up floating around from the Quartering vid looked like the Oasis from Ready Player One if IOI won the Egg Hunt. Holy crap.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

Well these are not just single player box games. These type of loot and shoot games people expect them to come out with more content. So its either charge $30-40 per DLC, or like anthem is doing, giving away DLC for free and a cash shop. Some games even do both, like Destiny 2, but Destiny 2 has ways of acquiring the cash shop items by playing.

I get what you are saying, the industry is getting ridiculous with this shit. I would just rather have a monthly charge, like WoW and EQ does it.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The only thing that matters is the rate at which you acquire the ingame currency, if it is like Destiny, then these prices are a non-issue. If it would take you a week of 8hr/day play to get that 40k gold... that is bad. Though I am a bit biased in that I don't care for the Javelins much, especially that Interceptor one, can't see an actual player model fitting inside it.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
The arms on power armor always bother me from a human mechanics standpoint. Space Marines are the worst. To get your arm in there, it would need to be removed from your shoulder socket and pulled out over a foot in order to lie parallel to the body.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Meh. Just another nail in the coffin of a game that I'm not gonna buy. Hope you have fun, I very seriously doubt it. But one can hope.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
got an email offer to get EA Access for 99 cents to try Anthem, wonder if they will extend the offer to origin premiere if not enough people pre order anthem. For 99 cents i'd definitely play day one and help fluff their numbers

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the $20 skins reek of EA. it's pretty obvious where that idea came from. the issue, i don't think, isn't charging real money for cosmetics. if they charged a couple of bucks for a skin, i don't think anyone would complain. it's just the sheer audacity to charge $20 for a cosmetic item in a full priced game.

• 1Like

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
the $20 skins reek of EA. it's pretty obvious where that idea came from. the issue, i don't think, isn't charging real money for cosmetics. if they charged a couple of bucks for a skin, i don't think anyone would complain. it's just the sheer audacity to charge $20 for a cosmetic item in a full priced game.

As a whole, I couldn't care less about cosmetics or their cost. I've never purchased a cosmetic in any game where they were available and very likely never will. That said, I can see why people are bent out of shape over the model. However, as far as I am aware there isn't any factual information supporting that skins are going to be that expensive. It's entirely speculation. I'd be willing to take an unlimited number of $500 bets, from anyone here, that they won't cost that when the game goes live. By all means, complain about the very real problems with the game, but all the hand-wringing over speculative pricing is fucking retarded.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
is it speculative though? i mean, i'll grant you that it's not "official pricing" but bioware has come out and admitted in response to that leaked picture that pricing is "iterative" and that $20 pricing thing was just one iteration.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

It really is a simpleton opinion to 'no big deal this', kind of like "I don't care if government or corporations spy on me I don't have nothing to hide"

The fact that they 'hur dur its not pay to win don't buy the skin' is so missing the point it's.... as you said, just soft head logic

• 1Picard

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
You should be pissed. They are testing the waters for what they can get away with. It'll just keep getting worse.

• 1Like

Salshun

Lord Nagafen Raider
It really is a simpleton opinion to 'no big deal this', kind of like "I don't care if government or corporations spy on me I don't have nothing to hide"

The fact that they 'hur dur its not pay to win don't buy the skin' is so missing the point it's.... as you said, just soft head logic

You put video game doll dress up shit and government spying into the same box? You don't think you're being a little over dramatic?