Bioware's "Anthem"

Ladro

Anomaly
Good comparison of near final build and the demo build we had this weekend. Completely different from the sounds of it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
If Destiny 2 sucked at launch for you, give it another go. They pretty much revamped the whole damn thing, brought back random rolls, tons more content, including story shit that was decent, totally revamped PvP with more Destiny 1 feel to it. Thy added Gambit mode which is pretty unique and a mix of PvE and PvP. Plus 2 more raids with unique feels and definitely no 25min bullet sponge bosses. I know the barrier is still pay for all this shit, but I think its well worth it for a mmo lite shooter. This trash does not even hold a candle to Destiny 2 at its current state.

Its just like Destiny 1, it took them a fucking year to figure shit out.
Sounds like a good starting point for Destiny 3. And by good starting point, I mean starting point to rip all that shit out and slowly reintroduce it so that a couple of years in it is finally where destiny 2 was when the 3rd was released

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I personally dont think they will be releasing D3 anytime soon. But thats just my opinion. I think they will keep adding to D2 for the foreseeable future. I think their departure from Activision and their contract to do x number of games in y amount of years is now null and void.

Could be wrong but I dont think I am.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Good comparison of near final build and the demo build we had this weekend. Completely different from the sounds of it.

explains a bit - i was wondering why the group ui wasnt in the demo as well

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
What worries me about Bungie and Destiny's future is they are now free of Activision yet just got a $100 million investment from NetEase, who is also making the diablo mobile game, for an unannounced Bungie game.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
You get a mobile game and you get a mobile game and you get a mobile game! *gif of Oprah attacking the audience with bees*

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah that was a big mistake. Jsut like Dice cripple WWII trailer that had fuck all to do with the game. Dont know what they were thinking. Obviously they thought that shit would go smooth. Anyway big beta coming this weekend, right? On all platforms? Now is the chance to redeem themselves. Just open the real damn game up, the release version, not some 2 month old build, maybe hide the end game shit for release. Should also be a real test for their infrastructure, which by all accounts failed during the demo.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
This is why the Early Access model has many advantages. You get to use your actual real code base and dont need to stress about having a separate QA process or how valid any feedback to the demo is compared to the 'real' version.

I ran, or tried to anyway, Tyrant Mine on Hard right before the end of the demo and it was brutal. Had to go all-out to kill elite trash and we were making essentially zero forward progress. After 25 minutes we still hadn't gotten all the echoes for the first stage and people just threw the towel in. It might be fun with a solid group that is working to synergize as much as possible, but it felt like a chore with the mobs seeming to come right back after we killed them.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is why most of these games would really do themselves a huge favor by either going F2P or very cheap. Go the Fortnite route and release an early access. The optics are ok because there is no cover charge to play. However in the case of an RPG, I dont' have a problem with buying items piece meal, but I still want to "find" them in game. That's what I like about War Frame, you still farm the items in the form of blue prints and mods. You just pay to speed up the crafting process or pay for blue prints themselves, but you still have to "earn" them in game. In fact, that's my issue with this game. Is to me, it's Warframe... that costs 60 bucks out of the gate. It just doesn't make sense to me personally.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Fortnite was $40 early access and designed around hefty micro transactions in order to progress at all (literal pay to win). It was a huge kick in the nuts. Not sure why you’re holding that garbage up as a good example.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Well, Warframe destroys this game as it stands. I'll have EA Access to trial Anthem for 10 hours to see if it gets any better than what we saw last weekend. I deleted the game to free up space and won't even be playing this weekend.

The main issue arises in the shit they tested for this last week should have been patched 6 months ago.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Fortnite was $40 early access and designed around hefty micro transactions in order to progress at all (literal pay to win). It was a huge kick in the nuts. Not sure why you’re holding that garbage up as a good example.

Yeah but fortnite was not really fortnite until they released the Battle Royale mode for free.

• 1Like

Mick

<Gold Donor>
I am going for the PC version for this weekend. I gave up on the xbox as I was one of few that were not able to play it all due ti the infinite loading screen issue.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Yeah but fortnite was not really fortnite until they released the Battle Royale mode for free.
And that’s a pvp game with 0 character power progression and no need to spend money other than cosmetics.

The base game was pve and involved farming mats and recipes like Warframe and Destiny, etc

spronk

FPS noob
I am going for the PC version for this weekend. I gave up on the xbox as I was one of few that were not able to play it all due ti the infinite loading screen issue.

that happened to me 90% of the time on PC as well so I wouldn't get your hopes up

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I skipped the first day of play and never got the bug but the game did crash completely to desktop quite a few times. I play on PC using xbox controller bc i dont think id want to play on a console in general for this.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I look forward to getting past 95% during the next demo or at launch. That's as far as I got this weekend. I was at a LAN though so wasn't really interested in trying over and over.

• 1Like