Bioware's "Anthem"

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I didn't check this during the demo weekend, but does Anthem have built-in support for Voice chat, or will we need to use discord/other app?

spronk

FPS noob
I didn't check this during the demo weekend, but does Anthem have built-in support for Voice chat, or will we need to use discord/other app?

yes but you have to go to settings > audio > enable viop, by default its off so most people won't be chatty

this feels like its being sent out to die, my origin "home" page has zero mentions of anthem on it. Its hyping up Apex, which obviously is doing insanely well. There is at least a mention of it on the store page.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
My main store page has the "Play Anthem Early" banner across the top:

1550168548175.png

However, I had literally forgotten this game exists because of Apex.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I haven't tried Apex (don't care about BRs, never even tried one), but tried the demo on this. I don't even see an Apex ad on my store, so I guess their promotions might be based on what you have tried or not? Apex for me is just on the regular store page along with all other games.

Have this pre downloaded now, but... I think it might end up being put on hold for a few days since I am also downloading Metro Exodus right now.

They did indeed change the timer again though. Now this releases tomorrow at 4pm instead of today at 11.30pm.

spronk

FPS noob
Man that anthem short by Neill Blomkamp is pretty badass although I don't know anything about the game from it other than guys with red eye slots are bad

I wish he was making an Anthem movie instead of this game

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So what's the verdict on this for playing solo? I haven't followed it much at all since Bioware is just a husk now. One of the main reasons I vastly prefer Division over Destiny is that you can do everything in Division completely solo (sadly, seems like that won't be the case in Div 2 though). This seems more like Destiny though. I've got it in my Gamefly queue for ps4, but if it's totally group-focused I'm not sure it's even worth getting for a few weeks like I did with Destiny 2, minus the part where I was an idiot and bought that one.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
So what's the verdict on this for playing solo? I haven't followed it much at all since Bioware is just a husk now. One of the main reasons I vastly prefer Division over Destiny is that you can do everything in Division completely solo (sadly, seems like that won't be the case in Div 2 though). This seems more like Destiny though. I've got it in my Gamefly queue for ps4, but if it's totally group-focused I'm not sure it's even worth getting for a few weeks like I did with Destiny 2, minus the part where I was an idiot and bought that one.

I think you can play private or with a group. I just did hard mode with the matchmaking and had no issues. I bet with friends it's a blast.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
All I did during the demo was to Quick Battle, which let me backfill groups already in progress. Had a lot of fun doing that except for the couple of times it'd put me someplace and I couldn't get to the rest of the group.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
As a Origins Access Premiere member, do I get trial codes to send to friends? I wanna get a few friends to try it out for 10 hours.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Man that trailer was better than any of the new Star Wars movies and it was 3 minutes long

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its like Destiny. You can solo all the Story missions if you want, or matchmake for them. You can run around in Freeplay solo, but there will be people being phased into your instance, or you theirs. You can't solo the Strongholds.

You can spend your entire time out in Freeplay and up its difficulty as your gear gets better, all the way to GM3. There are several instanced mini-dungeons out in the open world, which from my experience in the demo, were pretty cool.

RhoA

Lord Nagafen Raider

Played the demo solo and didn't enjoy it that much. I play Destiny 2 solo for the most part except to do raids here and there and found that Destiny 2 is actually more conducive to solo play than Anthem was. Keep in mind that was based on the demo weekend and I wasn't super impressed by what I saw with Anthem.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
As a Origins Access Premiere member, do I get trial codes to send to friends? I wanna get a few friends to try it out for 10 hours.

No, but you may have general referrals to the service, rather than Anthem specific:

1550196338943.png