Bioware's "Anthem"

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Ranger and interceptor where my favorites. The fluidity, speed, evasiveness of the interceptor was really fun.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I tried all 4 Javelins during the 2nd weekend, well the 3 others since I had played the Ranger on the first weekend.

My favorite by far is the Storm, his ability to hover for longer, and his elemental abilities just felt more fun to me. It gave me a Warlock Stormcaller vibe from Destiny 2 which is my main, it's very different but felt familiar at the same time.

My second favorite was the Interceptor, again his abilities felt more fun, throwing ninja stars is always cool, and chain dashing while meleing felt good especially against tons of small trash mobs. His ultimate is very similar to the Hunter Arcstrider from Destiny 2 which is my alt. Go all in and kill every while invincible.

The Ranger just felt bland to me, there is nothing wrong with it, but nothing that stood out either. It does it's job with little fanfare which just left me...bored I guess.

The Colossus, I really wanted to like but it just felt broken to me. It's a tank that can't seem to be able to take any more damage than other Javelins but with limited mobility. I think it could be really fun if they make it tankier. I did read though that they admitted there were some issues with it, and it would be fixed for release. I also saw in a few videos that the Colossus really benefits from Colossus specific mods, more than any other classes.

I think there will be a vast overabundance of Storms in the game. Aside from being the most fun(personal opinion) they also look the coolest with that half cape(again personal opinion).

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Getting this through Origins Premiere sub, but dang did it look cool on Ps4 with big TV/couch. Touugh choices. Ain't no way I double dipping though... right? Probably will....

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Should have focused on giving me the original pc assets and HD textures from the e3 demo years ago and not a short film!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

They said they were making the Colossus more tanky. They better make that shield good.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
They said they were making the Colossus more tanky. They better make that shield good.
Colossus also gets specific mod slot stuff that has huge durability boosts. I got one at the end of the demo and it was a big change in survivability.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Colossus also gets specific mod slot stuff that has huge durability boosts. I got one at the end of the demo and it was a big change in survivability.
But what do you do other than hide while your shield regenerates and prime everything with your flame thrower while everyone else has all the fun?

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
But what do you do other than hide while your shield regenerates and prime everything with your flame thrower while everyone else has all the fun?

I played the Colossus a lot during both demo weekends and found it to be very sturdy. Granted, I used two of the health/armor add-ons and I also used my 'super' as a defensive cooldown. It heals you to full and makes you, essentially, invulnerable during its duration. On Hard, I only had problems when I was being focused by 3+ elites for an extended period of time. Despite that, the devs have stated that Colossus is a bit under powered and going to be buffed a bit.

Hekotat

Getting this through Origins Premiere sub, but dang did it look cool on Ps4 with big TV/couch. Touugh choices. Ain't no way I double dipping though... right? Probably will....

Bro, just steamlink + controller from the couch. It appears to not hinder you in any way.

Hekotat

I just need the colossus to generate all the threat while I go ass to mouth with my squishy Interceptor.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Bro, just steamlink + controller from the couch. It appears to not hinder you in any way.
I had the hardware steam link, and after moving I can't find it. Pissed! Now there is an app I guess to do it now?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have 3 refer-a-friend codes to hand out that will give you a 7-day trial of Origin Basic that allows you to play Anthem tomorrow (10hr limit). Msg me if you want one.

Edit: All gone.

Last edited:

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

Hide haha shit I turned the bug zapper on and just wade into things. The electric cone thing does a good job of knocking enemies down to keep disrupting them for a long period of time. I was really doing pretty good with my random gear of crowd controlling large packs and it also let people combo the shit out of things.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I'm meStevo on Origin.

Live stream here right now full of children spamming about the date:

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I'll be trying it out with my monthly origin to see how it all is, name is FoH_Epicsmooth