Bioware's "Anthem"

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Where do you get masterwork other then weapons? I run strong holds mostly and have only gotten masterwork weapons.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Where do you get masterwork other then weapons? I run strong holds mostly and have only gotten masterwork weapons.

Do the contract thingies. They show up on your map after you complete the story shit and are 30. GM1 for better chance but they do drop from hard.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Man GM1 contracts are a shit ton of fun. Perfect balance with finishing and challenge. Been doing those with PUGs and it's working out great.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like running contracts too, but they just don't seem as rewarding as a stronghold or world event for the given difficulty (no completion reward / chest).

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Hard can only drop 6 specific Masterworks (all weapons I believe). GM1 is where it opens everything else opens up. I can't find the tweet from Ben Irving that talks about this. Or Maybe I can...

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Man GM1 contracts are a shit ton of fun. Perfect balance with finishing and challenge. Been doing those with PUGs and it's working out great.

Same. I occasionally encounter a fuckwit who acts like General Zod on VoIP, but they always immediately pipe down when I tell them to shut the fuck up.

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Do not buy this steaming pile of shit played for 2 hours cant get back in thought was a Hardware issue so I installed on several of my PC's same shit tring to re-download. Origin is giving me a whopping 61 kb per sec on a 250 Meg line(yea I know it has to wrtie the HD but its a Samsung 970 Evo Plus ). Another EA rip off, cool concepts but prob get old in 2 weeks anyways going to back to Desinty/Warframe. This game is dogshit save your dough maybe Toms Clancy D2 well pan out.

Anyways it was 14.99 for 30 day trial of it on Premier no big loss

Last edited:
  • 1Salty
  • 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Do not buy this steaming pile of shit played for 2 hours cant get back in thought was a Hardware issue so I installed on several of my PC's same shit tring to re-download the origin is giving me a whopping 61 kb per sec on a 250 Meg line(yea I know it has to wrtie the HD but its a Samsung 970 Evo Plus ). Another EA rip off, cool concepts but prob get old in 2 weeks anyways going to back to Desinty/Warframe. This game is dogshit save your dough maybe Toms Clancy D2 well pan out.

Anyways it was 14.99 for 30 day trial of it on Premier no big loss
That whole post and you think what you have to defend is hard drive write speeds?

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
Pretty sure HDR was already enabled, and you can't just take a screenshot of HDR video anyway. It's display panel tech.

Very few PC monitors are actually capable of anything close to what a good TV can do with HDR video anyway. My ultrawide claims "HDR" but doesn't have the nits required to meet any real HDR standard, and that's typical of all but the newest high end PC panels.

I have an LG 'HDR' monitor and it support HDR10 content but yeah, its only rated up to 350 nits where my OLED TV is rated at 820 nits. The high end panels/LCD TVs are hitting 1000+ nits. This last patch did greatly improve HDR though. Before (as others were also complaining about) launching the game triggered the monitor to enter HDR mode but everything was washed out. Now its playable but still needs some help and is mainly noticeable in menus.

There is no way to capture the difference and screenshots of HDR content actually render significantly different. The top picture below is a SS and as it shows the brightness is a large halo of white over the object he is welding. I had to take a picture with my phone for HDR and it gets screwed up in the bright area with the banding. The difference I was trying to capture is that with HDR the white brightness is isolated to the metal and you can still completely see all of the metal structure without it being hidden behind the white glow. For $350 (on sale again at Best Buy) the LG 27UK600-W has been a great 4K HDR monitor to hold me over until there are some nice 1000+nit 34" panels available but that's just been a long standing myth for years now :(

SYyWuiQ.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
The first 8 hours had me questioning my preorder. Basic trial ended at 8 hours so I asked for more and got another 10 (8). Second 8 hours has me itching to play more. Switching to gamepad and switching to Fullscreen mode made the game feel much better. I could barely play on medium in windowed but can play on high/med in fullscreen. And load times for the last couple days I played were much bettter. I never had one more than 45-60 seconds. They measured in minutes the first few days. Also I wasted too much time painting shit.

Last edited:

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The first 8 hours had me questioning my preorder. Basic trial ended at 8 hours so I asked for more and got another 10 (8). Second 8 hours has me itching to play more. Switching to gamepad and switching to Fullscreen mode made the game feel much better. I could barely play on medium in windowed but can play on high/med in fullscreen. And load times for the last couple days I played were much bettter. I never had one more than 45-60 seconds. They measured in minutes the first few days. Also I wasted too much time painting shit.

With most games, I find they don't get much better if the early game isn't fun, but I'm inclined to agree with you about Anthem. I found the first 25ish levels mediocre, but Grandmaster and the back end of the main story made the game enjoyable.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The fun factor in Anthem kicks in when you get a piece of loot that makes you go "holy shit!"... and you'll get those. I switched up my Ranger build today into a full Blast build (frag grenade and blast missle), since the Ranger Ult is also Blast. I haven't started to try and craft components with +Blast yet, but even so gameplay feels better and the damage is nice. Then I happened to get 3 Legendary Contracts up at once, so I ran them at GM1. What followed has to be an aberration to my RNG. I got nice MW Marksman Rifle with an electric proc (sounds epic) on the first, on the second I got a MW Frag Grenade that gives 700% Ult energy(?) on Hit (and it seems like its per mob Hit), and finally on the last contract, I get a MW Blast Missle that has an electric blast on kill. This is what I think Anthem has that none of the other current looter shooters have (really exciting loot).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Went EA access to try the game out on Xbox and after 3 hours promptly cancelled and uninstalled due to load times even with SSD and speedy connection.

I might try the Origin access and see if PC is better, but if not then it's a definite no buy from me.

I do think once this has been out for a while it'll be pretty great, but I'm not a patient gamer when there are so many other things to play if they don't do it right from the start.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The fun factor in Anthem kicks in when you get a piece of loot that makes you go "holy shit!"... and you'll get those. I switched up my Ranger build today into a full Blast build (frag grenade and blast missle), since the Ranger Ult is also Blast. I haven't started to try and craft components with +Blast yet, but even so gameplay feels better and the damage is nice. Then I happened to get 3 Legendary Contracts up at once, so I ran them at GM1. What followed has to be an aberration to my RNG. I got nice MW Marksman Rifle with an electric proc (sounds epic) on the first, on the second I got a MW Frag Grenade that gives 700% Ult energy(?) on Hit (and it seems like its per mob Hit), and finally on the last contract, I get a MW Blast Missle that has an electric blast on kill. This is what I think Anthem has that none of the other current looter shooters have (really exciting loot).

I exclusively play Colossus and I have that same rifle. It absolutely shreds shields.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Great review, pretty much agree fully

I honestly have no idea what type of game these reviewers want, its obviously nothing that is currently out. It seems each of them want an old style, deep RPG story (which BioWare can no longer make), and with a mission system that apparently needs to have tons of complex involved mechanics for each quest/mission. And to be honest, none of these reviewers really want a looter shooter where you need to pray to RNG to get the good stuff.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I honestly have no idea what type of game these reviewers want, its obviously nothing that is currently out. It seems each of them want an old style, deep RPG story (which BioWare can no longer make), and with a mission system that apparently needs to have tons of complex involved mechanics for each quest/mission. And to be honest, none of these reviewers really want a looter shooter where you need to pray to RNG to get the good stuff.

Yeah I didn't agree with a lot of what he was saying either.