Bioware's "Anthem"

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Choke on my dick, faggot.

Sounds like maybe you are playing too much Anthem. I understand it can get frustrating. :)

"Make a career out of it" God if you weren't such a fucking dweeb I would buy you an hour with a therapist.

However, I can recommend some games that won't make you this way. Warframe, which is free, actually blows this away. Destiny 2 is even better at this stage. Might I recommend Apex (Surprisingly good), and let's hope a company that doesn't have it's head jammed firmly up it's ass can actually come out with a loot shoot that doesn't blow ass before the entire genre gets tanked to the ground, AKA MMOFPS's due to Sony's incompetence with Planetside.

Honestly, that's another crux when games come out which are trying to define new genre's so to speak, and end up imploding the genre due to incompetence before it can even take off. That's really the bad part of all this. We will lose out on games because the two major publishers in charge of leading this genre to date have released complete shit, and other publishers will no longer dip their foot in the pool because they do not see it was the game/company, they think it was the genre.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The bugs aside its still at its core a pretty fun game. I will be looking forward to seeing what they add and how they balance shit. I got like 5-6 masterwork and one legendary last night and the crack is beginning.

But yeah i mention the negative shit here that bugs me but in all honesty out of the 40 some hours I played this game I had fun, and this is all solo btw. Im sure if you add some buddies into the mix its even better.

ITs got me hooked, pretty much broke my D2 addiction on the spot. Cant wait to get home and grind out soem loots. The thing thats really cool about this game is you actually FEEL the power those items give you. Thank god this is a PvE game where you dont have PvP faggots whining about everything and Devs normalizing everything because of all the crying those faggots do.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
The bugs aside its still at its core a pretty fun game. I will be looking forward to seeing what they add and how they balance shit. I got like 5-6 masterwork and one legendary last night and the crack is beginning.

But yeah i mention the negative shit here that bugs me but in all honesty out of the 40 some hours I played this game I had fun, and this is all solo btw. Im sure if you add some buddies into the mix its even better.

ITs got me hooked, pretty much broke my D2 addiction on the spot. Cant wait to get home and grind out soem loots. The thing thats really cool about this game is you actually FEEL the power those items give you. Thank god this is a PvE game where you dont have PvP faggots whining about everything and Devs normalizing everything because of all the crying those faggots do.

What platform are you on? Christ we even made FF14 fun for a brief time.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This game will be all right because they did 2 things right, they made the core game fun (killing shit) and the loot, which is pretty much Diablo rolls. Ive seen some crazy shit people got, like guns with 2 100-150% dmg perks, etc... All the other shit will be ironed out. Most mmos go through their growing pains.

If youre thinking of this game as some sort of story mode hardcore RPG you have the wrong game. This is essentially a loot grind game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
PC master race. Consoles are for kids.

Yeah I would say PC is where it is at simply for the fact you can get a month of gameplay out of it for $14.99, cancel the sub and be done for however long you want.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

My relationship with Anthem is similar. I really enjoy the gameplay, but I also find myself heavily sighing and getting incredibly frustrated over being forced to deal with some aspects of the game. For instance, the "city" is pure trash. I've gotten so fed up with running laps to continue conversations with NPCs that I don't have any fucks left to give and I literally spam ESC the moment I interact with then. And as I've mentioned before, being forced to LOAD your inventory is pants-on-head retarded.

Playing with my friend(s) also makes the game infinitely more fun for me. The social aspect of it may be a large part on why I am willing to be more forgiving. That, and I see the potential for this game to be great. The core is there, but it needs to be baked another hour.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Anyone know how broken things get (if at all) if you at max level group w/ friends just starting the game?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
One more thing that I dislike is not being able to change your loadout, especially in pubs. For instance my dude had his frost nade on all last night, its a combo opener which freezes enmeies so they can then be finished with a combo closer, well you load in with a bunch of chode javelins that have their flame throwers basically makes 1/2 of your loadout useless. Why cant we change the shit on the fly?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Anyone know how broken things get (if at all) if you at max level group w/ friends just starting the game?

The only thing broken at end game that I know of is the sound bug that happens maybe once a night. Other than that its pretty smooth.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Final Patch notes for fri...

High level fixes

• Decreased loading times for older disk drives
  • Fixed many infinite loading screens
  • Fixed multiple challenges not tracking properly
  • A number of issues have been fixed that were causing players to disconnect or crash
  • Weapons and gear now have numbers present for modifiers

General Fixes and Improvements

• Loot Reveal and Expedition Summary now correctly play during the end of expedition screen.
  • The gather party mechanic has been made more lenient in a number of situations
  • At the end of expedition screen players will no longer get stuck on "Recording Victories" or "Skipping All".
  • Game no longer hangs in Javelin menu when unlocking the second, third or fourth javelin
  • During the mission “What Freelancers Do” dying after killing Junkmaw & freeing Arcanists leaves you unable to progress, this has been fixed
  • Challenges now unlock for players at the correct levels
  • Fixed some camera issues during cutscenes
  • Legendary Contracts can now be accepted from the Social Hub contract board
  • Some enemies have had their shield values decreased
  • Loot now properly drops for players who are downed
  • The texture quality on the NPC Prospero has been improved
  • Final boss of strongholds now drop loot instead of only being shown on the end of expedition screen
  • Fixed the time outs on echoes and relics to prevent griefing and to handle disconnections properly
  • Players can no longer fall through the floor during the 3rd trial in the Fortress of Dawn
  • Completing the tutorial expedition will now show the correct Ranger appearance
  • After disconnecting, rejoining an expedition will now place you back into a squad if you were in one previously
  • Corrected an issue where players could not interact with each other in the launch bay in certain circumstances
  • Corrected an issue during the Mission "Bad Deal" where outlaws won't spawn, blocking progress
  • The start of expedition screen has been improved
  • Addressed a variety of situations where killing enemies does not properly progress world events
  • Opening a chest now increments Tomb of the Legionnaire progress for all squad members present
  • Scar snipers can no longer shoot through Storm Shield
  • Corrected an issue where players would get stuck on the end of expedition screen in some situations
  • Players will no longer get disconnected if joining the "Finding Old Friends" mission while the cinematic is playing
  • Addressed a number of situations where players can get stuck on the environment in the launch bay
  • Increased the damage of the electric status effect
  • Corrected an issue where the Shield of Dawn could be crafted with less materials then intended in some situations
  • The Platinum Mission feat now grants completion as intended
  • Status effects can more reliably be applied to Titans
  • Fixed loading animations on Marksmen Rifles
  • Players can now access the Vault from the Forge
  • Swimming into jellyfish underwater no longer leaves a visual effect stuck on players.
  • Idle animations will no longer sync up over time in the Launch Bay
  • Haluk is no longer dual-wielding canes in the epilogue scene
  • Corrected an issue where players could not interact with each other in the launch bay in certain circumstances
  • Fixed an issue that could cause players in the launch bay to have identical emotes and be unable to use them
  • Interceptor melee ability animations will no longer stretch out in certain situations
  • Corrected an issue where the default Ranger appearance doesn't preview in the forge in some situations
  • All animations now play as intended in the Forge
  • Players can now enter the Tomb of Gwanes while in a party
  • The default Javelin wear state has been changed from "Dirty" to "Old"
  • Sentinel Loyalty 2 text no longer incorrectly states that it will lead to a larger vault
  • Picking up ammo from the ground now properly gives you 30% of that ammo back into both the current magazine and the maximum spare ammo
  • Fixed a bug where some global (Javelin Icon) inscription bonuses were not being properly applied to the Javelin and other gear/weapons.
  • Fixed some issues that could cause the Armor Pip count on the UI to break and not display properly

Strongholds

• Fixed an issue that would cause a Stronghold server crash after defeating the last boss
  • Temple of Scar - Players can no longer get stuck in the mined tunnel in the explosives room
  • Temple of Scar - Players can no longer be blocked from entering the explosives room due to fog wall
  • Fixed Tyrant Mine so people that join the stronghold in-progress do not end up locked away from their team
  • Adjusted lighting in Tyrant Mine underwater section to make it easier to navigate to the exit
  • The Swarm Tyrant will no longer get stuck in the side cave entrances in some situations
  • Corrected an issue where players would spawn into different areas of the Tyrant Mine in certain situations
  • Implemented more safeguards to stop players from going AFK in Strongholds

Challenges

• Only Masterwork items can now be used to progress Masterwork challenges as intended
  • Corrected an issue where some Challenges track progress simultaneously instead of incrementally, as intended. (ex: Blast Missile I and then Blast Missile II instead of both incrementing at the same time

Gear and Weapons

• After having 1st pilot unlock suit after tutorials, creating a new pilot and going to forge no longer causes load screen hang
  • Ice damage bonuses are now correctly applied on ice gear
  • Suit-wide bonuses from inscription are now functioning properly
  • Players can no longer salvage equipped items
  • Javelin specific gear and/or weapons are no longer able to be used on javelins they aren't intended for
  • Corrected an issue where in some circumstances Masterwork Components do not have any inscriptions
  • The Endless Siege Masterwork Autocannon no longer displays a damage increase of 0% in its tooltip
  • Suit-wide specific weapon ammo bonuses coming from infusions are now correctly applied
  • A Network Error Message no longer appears when opening an item chest in the second tutorial
  • Colossus shoulder gear will now share the appearance of the rest of the javelin as intended
  • Deadeye has increased spare ammo 10 -> 20
  • Cloudburst has had increased damage 16.3 -> 21
  • Torrent has had increased damage 22.2 -> 28.6
  • Lightning Strike’s pre-visualization will now accurately depict that the explosion snaps to the ground.
  • (Ranger) Inferno Grenade base damage 130 -> 175
  • (Interceptor) Cryo Glaive base damage 20 -> 50
  • (Storm) Living Flame base damage 50 -> 60
  • (Storm) Glacial Beam base damage 150 -> 120
  • (Storm) Arc Burst secondary damage 100 -> 150
  • (Ranger) Pulse Blast base damage 225 -> 300, and now deals extra damage to Shields (previously did extra damage to Armored).
  • (Ranger) Blast Missile now properly scales up in damage as the item level increases
  • (Interceptor) Melee attacks now have some minor resistance penetration
  • Large Area of Effect abilities will better register multi-kill activities for challenges and medals
  • Spark Dash functionality has been significantly improved when the target enemy is at a different height (above/below) the Interceptor.
  • Several gear pieces that had missing primer or detonator icons have been fixed.
    • Interceptor
      • Tempest Strike - Detonator Icon
      • Spark Dash - Detonator Icon
      • Venom Spray - Primer Icon
      • Detonating Strike - Primer Icon
    • Colossus
      • Lightning Coil - Detonator Icon
      • Shock Coil - Primer Icon
      • Flamethrower - Primer Icon
  • Several improvements have been made to ensure gear use on PC prioritizes turning the Javelin towards the reticle when used rather than casting in front of the Javelin's current direction.

Javelins

• The Colossus javelin is now able to activate its shield more quickly after using an ability or firing a weapon
  • The Storm javelin now reacts to getting hit when its shields are up
  • Fixed an exploit that allowed the Storm's ultimate attack to be used more times than intended
  • The Colossus exo can now shield and revive at the same time
  • Interceptor Combo Aura has been increased in power and now has a damage over time component
  • Ranger melee now has a cooldown when striking in the air
  • The Target Beacon ability now correctly seeks targets
  • Spark Dash and Venom Spray now target based on player cursor instead of character facing. This should also improve the travel path of Spark Dash.
  • The Colossus will no longer be knocked out of the sky in some situations when the attack was blocked by their shield

Combos + Status Effects

• Combo indicator icons above creatures now are correctly removed when detonated.
  • When a Storm detonates an electric status effect the chained electric effect now correctly deals damage.
  • Combo damage now penetrates resistances

Crafting

• Non-Masterwork materials purchased from the crafting store now show as their proper rarity instead of incorrectly showing as Masterwork
  • A number of javelin components that had different icons for their recipes and the actual items are now the same
  • The Battle Cry gear recipe now has the correct description
  • Fixed Spark Beam gear having the wrong description when being crafted
  • Crafting recipes are now sorted alphabetically
  • The items in the crafting store are now sorted by type to be clearer

Controls

• Additional Mouse and Keyboard control improvements have been made

UI

• Some conversations were not popping up the reputation points post conversation completion, this has been fixed
  • The squad screen now displays the correct information for each player
  • Fixed a number of issues where subtitles will no longer get stuck on the screen after dialogue has finished as often
  • Settings should no longer reset upon exiting and restarting the game on Xbox One
  • Motion blur can now correctly be turned off
  • The Electric Status Effect now shows scaled damage properly
  • An option has been added to hide the Squad Member HUD
  • The edge of the compass will now pulse to indicate enemy locations
  • A notification has been added in Fort Tarsis if a player's vault is at the cap of 250 items
  • On the "Repair the Strider" step of "A Cry for Help" the search radar has been adjusted to correctly lead the player to all 4 tools
  • Primer and Detonator icons have been added to all Interceptor gear
  • Corrected a user interface issue where a player’s ultimate would show as available when it isn't
  • Toggling the HDR option now properly prompts the Apply Changes button
  • Player banners should now display correctly
  • Camera shake slider has been added to settings menu
  • Players may now track 10 challenges instead of 5
  • An option to adjust screen boundaries on consoles has been added
  • Changing a player banner through the banner menu now properly saves the selection
  • Health, cooldowns, and key bindings now light up on supported keyboards
  • Players will now receive more clear messaging when a squad is disbanded or are kicked from a squad
  • Squad leaders will no longer always show as ready
  • The icon for players in a downed state will no longer appear in cutscenes
  • Cypher Annotations will now appear for more than one player if they are looking at it simultaneously
  • Removed mentions of respawning on the player UI when they die in a restricted respawn area
  • The Player Banner now updates immediately when updated from the squad screen
  • Fixed a number of situations where a combo will trigger but no combo floating text appears
  • Pressing esc to pass a notification screen no longer opens up the in-game menu
  • Quick chat messages will no longer appear from an ignored player
  • Removed a message from the mailbox which incorrectly stated that messages will be removed after 3 days
  • A number of inscription icons have been updated to properly reflect whether they are Javelin specific or not
  • Corrected an issue where players could not change loadout names on PC
  • Players no longer need to exit and re-enter the forge for loadout names to update
  • The on-screen VOIP indicator which shows a player speaking will no longer be active if that player is muted

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
One more thing that I dislike is not being able to change your loadout, especially in pubs. For instance my dude had his frost nade on all last night, its a combo opener which freezes enmeies so they can then be finished with a combo closer, well you load in with a bunch of chode javelins that have their flame throwers basically makes 1/2 of your loadout useless. Why cant we change the shit on the fly?
Fucking chode javelins! Hate those dudes! Hahaha

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So Arekkz is right, and EVERY OTHER REVIEWER IN THE WORLD is wrong? Huh...

Ahhh I get it, so because he "knows what he likes" and he "happens to like dogshit" his review is more valid than somebody who, *GASP*, expected Bioware to make a game with a semi-coherent story, *GASP* varied and interesting character interactions and quests (there are literally 4-5 different quest types in this entire game), *GASP* not full of indefensible bugs, load times, all around C-team effort in EVERY SINGLE aspect of the game save team-play, javelin flight/skills, and art direction. Is that what we're defending now? I like Arekkz typically, but that review felt like a straight up paid review and several of his points to the good are flat out lies at worst, misleading at best. The studio had damned near 7 years of development time on this - can anyone rightly say that this feels like a game that took 7 years to craft? In any aspect? Everything is copy paste bullshit, the missions are mostly awful, Fort Tarsis feels like at BEST an alpha version of a hub city, the character interactions are meaningless and uninteresting, the world is small and one note, the enemy ai is shit, you have 3 strongholds/dungeons at launch (lol), no raid in sight, no nightfall-esque dungeons to keep you going, limited (extremely limited) javelin customization options (the painting is exceptional though, but you get 2-3 different "looks" for your suit in a loot shooter shows they have no fucking clue how to design a loot/shoot type of game - I want my character to look cooler when I gain levels/power, not just get more power fundamentally - both together are what keep people coming back - look at any game w/ transmogs for reference).

The game is just a C team effort, developed by the A team at a AAA studio and it's utterly baffling how the game ended up the way it did. Like, they had to TRY to fuck it up as badly as they did.

Glad some of you are enjoying it, truly, but if you don't like people shitting on piece of shit games - resetera is >>>>>>> and they'd love to have you. It's a safe-space where nobody can hurt you
Wrong? Not at all. Many are trying to compare Anthem to other games which BioWare has made, like their single player story driven action games. Anthem is clearly not that type of game, so I don't fault it for having a moderately interesting Story, at all. I knock it for having Tarsis be the way that it is, and I think SkillUp described Tarsis 100% correctly. Yet he goes on and on about how poorly the story in Anthem compares to previous BioWare titles... and I'm like, so what? That BioWare is long gone. Its like me, who thinks the story is "ok", then praising Anthem. The Story in Anthem doesn't make the game great or horrible. I never expected it too, nor would I ever compare it to Mass Effect / KotoR. I guess there should be a more apparent difference between giving an opinion on how the game is, versus giving a review on how the game is (or should be). I certainly didn't agree with Arekkz opinion about Tarsis, I laughed at it.

How does Anthem compare to the other games in its genre? Did Destiny, Warframe, Division, or even Diablo / PoE have a stellar storyline? Were they bug free? Did they have enough content? Were their missions/quests have a wide range of variation? Nope, none of them did, and they were all as buggy as Anthem. There is nothing so horribly wrong with Anthem that I haven't seen in other games, the best point Upper Echelon made is how shitty the game industry is, and how it is so easy for to release unfinished games. Its how it is, saying we the buyers need to stop supporting this by not buying these games is such wishful thinking that its borderline insanity. If people like the idea of a game, they will most likely buy it and either be happy or mad, but they will still buy it.

I have no idea how much or little you've actually played Anthem, but I'll assume you made it through the story, reached max level and started the loot grind. The endgame in Anthem is the loot, not the content you run to get the loot (imo). You don't need to run specific content to get the best gear, that is you dn't need to run a stronghold 100 times in hopes of getting something. Everything you do gives you the chance to get what you want. The number of strongholds is indeed anemic, even less so when you realize one of them is just a harder version of the last story mission. You say there are no "nightmare-esque" versions, I guess you can say that given the increased difficulty tiers don't seem to change a lot of what you'll fight.

How much bigger do you want the Freeplay zone to be? I'd say it about the same size as EDZ and Nessus combined. Do you just want a bunch of smaller areas with different biomes? I can see how having one big jungle/forested/mountainous area being a disappointment, but oh well? How much more mission variety do you want? I see Anthem as a mindless grinder, much like Rift farming in Diablo, I couldn't care less about mission variety, and I think its not as needed some want to state. These looter shooters are all the same in that regard, none of them have a wide variety of mission types? Warframe? I'd agree, but how many different types of those missions do people actively do vs. the endless mission types (if they have a choice)?

You rant about customization. I kinda agree with you there, but I would REALLY prefer Anthem to not go down the path that Warframe has with all its ridiculous "bling" that you can place on your character, it just looks bad. In today's Dev stream they let people know that in the next patch, sometime in March (that is the goal), they are introducing a Vanity Chest system to strongholds. The system will have you run a daily challenge to get 1 Key that will open a chest at the end of the stronghold which will contain a vanity item (Decal, Material-type, Emote, Paints, etc). They plan on having 100 such items in the pool at the start (I'd be surprised if its really 100), and you won't get dupes. There will be 4 chests, one for each person in the team, and each of those chest will shared, so you'll get 3 more vanity items. Sounds good to me.

I guess I am just tired of people trying to say Anthem should have been like X game from that past because BioWare made really good single player RPGs in the past. Just comment on how the game -is-, and if you think the game is utter shit based on its own, that is fine! There are aspects to Anthem that are complete shit; Tarsis, Tether system, and number of loading screens... all those are total shit. Yet the aspects of the game that make it a looter shooter? Those are great and fun, but if people think those aspects are shit too, that is fine. Just don't try to say they are shit because the gameplay isn't like some X game from the past. Make no sense to me.

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Totally broken in a way, since you as a lvl30 can use Quickplay to run missions and end up with lvl3's. So yes, you can group up with low lvl friends and run them through the eniter story if you want, without slowing them down. It actually helps them earn more xp / currency.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The only thing broken at end game that I know of is the sound bug that happens maybe once a night. Other than that its pretty smooth.
Well, there is the Storm javelin exploit, which should be fixed today, maybe. Can kill anything in seconds, even at GM3 if you have the gear to be there.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Wrong? Not at all. Many are trying to compare Anthem to other games which BioWare has made, like their single player story driven action games. Anthem is clearly not that type of game, so I don't fault it for having a moderately interesting Story, at all. I knock it for having Tarsis be the way that it is, and I think SkillUp described Tarsis 100% correctly. Yet he goes on and on about how poorly the story in Anthem compares to previous BioWare titles... and I'm like, so what? That BioWare is long gone. Its like me, who thinks the story is "ok", then praising Anthem. The Story in Anthem doesn't make the game great or horrible. I never expected it too, nor would I ever compare it to Mass Effect / KotoR. I guess there should be a more apparent difference between giving an opinion on how the game is, versus giving a review on how the game is (or should be). I certainly didn't agree with Arekkz opinion about Tarsis, I laughed at it.

How does Anthem compare to the other games in its genre? Did Destiny, Warframe, Division, or even Diablo / PoE have a stellar storyline? Were they bug free? Did they have enough content? Were their missions/quests have a wide range of variation? Nope, none of them did, and they were all as buggy as Anthem. There is nothing so horribly wrong with Anthem that I haven't seen in other games, the best point Upper Echelon made is how shitty the game industry is, and how it is so easy for to release unfinished games. Its how it is, saying we the buyers need to stop supporting this by not buying these games is such wishful thinking that its borderline insanity. If people like the idea of a game, they will most likely buy it and either be happy or mad, but they will still buy it.

I have no idea how much or little you've actually played Anthem, but I'll assume you made it through the story, reached max level and started the loot grind. The endgame in Anthem is the loot, not the content you run to get the loot (imo). You don't need to run specific content to get the best gear, that is you dn't need to run a stronghold 100 times in hopes of getting something. Everything you do gives you the chance to get what you want. The number of strongholds is indeed anemic, even less so when you realize one of them is just a harder version of the last story mission. You say there are no "nightmare-esque" versions, I guess you can say that given the increased difficulty tiers don't seem to change a lot of what you'll fight.

How much bigger do you want the Freeplay zone to be? I'd say it about the same size as EDZ and Nessus combined. Do you just want a bunch of smaller areas with different biomes? I can see how having one big jungle/forested/mountainous area being a disappointment, but oh well? How much more mission variety do you want? I see Anthem as a mindless grinder, much like Rift farming in Diablo, I couldn't care less about mission variety, and I think its not as needed some want to state. These looter shooters are all the same in that regard, none of them have a wide variety of mission types? Warframe? I'd agree, but how many different types of those missions do people actively do vs. the endless mission types (if they have a choice)?

You rant about customization. I kinda agree with you there, but I would REALLY prefer Anthem to not go down the path that Warframe has with all its ridiculous "bling" that you can place on your character, it just looks bad. In today's Dev stream they let people know that in the next patch, sometime in March (that is the goal), they are introducing a Vanity Chest system to strongholds. The system will have you run a daily challenge to get 1 Key that will open a chest at the end of the stronghold which will contain a vanity item (Decal, Material-type, Emote, Paints, etc). They plan on having 100 such items in the pool at the start (I'd be surprised if its really 100), and you won't get dupes. There will be 4 chests, one for each person in the team, and each of those chest will shared, so you'll get 3 more vanity items. Sounds good to me.

I guess I am just tired of people trying to say Anthem should have been like X game from that past because BioWare made really good single player RPGs in the past. Just comment on how the game -is-, and if you think the game is utter shit based on its own, that is fine! There are aspects to Anthem that are complete shit; Tarsis, Tether system, and number of loading screens... all those are total shit. Yet the aspects of the game that make it a looter shooter? Those are great and fun, but if people think those aspects are shit too, that is fine. Just don't try to say they are shit because the gameplay isn't like some X game from the past. Make no sense to me.

Here is the problem. They ran their mouth about the story themselves and set expectations when they shouldn’t have.

BioWare touts Anthem’s story, drops Game Awards trailer | Massively Overpowered

And they also shot themselves in the ass with seamless loading claims since a year and a half ago and we all saw how that turned out.

I understand where you are coming from. But these guys should just shut the fuck up and not get themselves in trouble.

The issue isn’t with player expectations. It’s with EA and continuing to use Bioware’s label in ways that are completely false and unethical. And they won’t knock that off either. If anyone is ringing the bell of story and BioWare in the same sentences, it’s because of their own fuckery. You can’t blame players for thinking there will be a grand story when 1) they were known for it. 2) BioWare continues to harp on story they can’t produce any longer as mislead the masses. Continually. Because they are unethical fucks.

People here are smarter and follow this. 99% of gamers out there don’t.

So you would have a point if EA didn’t cause the false advertising to begin with.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user