Bioware's "Anthem"

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can't yet, it's in the mail for tomorrow. If I can't solo 95%+ of the time like I do/did in Division, Destiny, and Warframe I might just send it right back to Gamefly, so that's why I was wondering.
You can solo all Story missions, all side missions, all Contracts and Freeplay (there will be 3 other ppl roaming the Freeplay map, but not grouped with you). You are forced to get into a matchmaking group for Stronholds. So yes, you can play Anthem exactly like you play the other games.

I spent all day Monday doing Strongholds with just my best friend and I. You could absolutely do it. Was it intended? Maybe not, but we ran them for hours with it set to private and never saw another soul. With the sheer number of bugs/connection issues it doesn't surprise me.

I had no reason to lie to Vorph about something that could be verified in 10 goddamn seconds.
It could be that setting it to private, while grouped, just disabled match making from filling up the group. Not sure.

Does it cause a problem when its over 100%? Or is that what people think the cap is?
Current theory is that having 100% means 0%, having 288% means 88%, etc. No idea if its actually true, but having 91% is working great for me.

I was thinking that Rangers might need some kind of dmg buff, then you get a few MW items with rolls that stack up damage. Game changing.
You missed out on the goodness of stacking Blast damage for Ultimate / Frag Grenade / Blase Missile. Was nice, but now Blast Missile got a nerf (it was scaling too high before). I still use the MW Blast Missile (Argos Mace) since it procs a nice AoE when it kills anything. Will switch it out for the MW Seeker Missile whenever I get it.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I think I was one of the only people Vorph ever played with on Destiny, haha. My mans a lone wolf, gotta respect that. I think not having the option is absolutely retarded though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I was in a stronghold last night where the guy kept afking being last one alive, talk about annoying.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here is a link to a post with a lot of information about stuff that isn't explicity stated ingame.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Quick question about the Origin App. There are times when I see people on my friends list have an icon that says "Join Game".. how do you set that up?

Zechthul

Trakanon Raider
So i just got into this thread and the game on PSN....Do we have list of PSN gamertags that are playing???

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Well, HDR works again on Xbox one X and doesn’t do anything. Looks like RDR2 HDR.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Origin has to be the worst fucking launcher out there. I cant see any worse.

Capture1.PNG

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, I got a Legendary marksman rifle (its perk lowers recoil per hit) with +250% phys dmg. Rolls like that is the only way to make gun dmg relevant in GM1+, wish I had that on an AR or machine pistol.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So i just got into this thread and the game on PSN....Do we have list of PSN gamertags that are playing???
I linked to a post on Reddit where ppl were listing their origin names to accept friend invites to stack up Alliance coin.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
For the first few days of the game, "damage while hovering" bonuses were stacking from weapons not currently equipped (Avenging Herald being the main problem at 200% bonus). Bioware fixed this a few days ago. But worse than that, the Storm component Gunslinger's Mark (60% bonus damage while hovering) could be stacked infinitely by dashing around in the air. Bioware did not fix this, but deployed a stealth fix a few hours ago that set the bonus to 0%. So now the buff stacks infinitely, but does nothing. Good on ya.
2zvcqmsnxci21.png

• 1Like

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So is this game not as bad as people say?

It's an enjoyable, but frustrating game.

The bugs can be incredibly annoying, but a lot of them are being hotfixed with rapidfire. Apart from the technical flaws, some of the narratives are also weak. A few of the stories are interesting (main story), but the method that's used to tell them is just cringe. I hate the majority of the NPCs and couldn't care less about what another randombrownlesbian_01 has to say.

Freeplay is looked down upon by some players, but I find it one of the most fun elements of the game. The world is gorgeous and exploring it is a lot of fun. However, there definitely needs to be more content; mission types, at least another dozen dramatically different enemy types, and a lot more polish.

As I've said before, Anthem has a very solid core that could be the foundation for an amazing game, but it's not there right now. It's just 'ok,' but I find myself looking forward to playing it which is good enough for me. Especially if it continues to get better and I have faith that it will. The devs have been very responsive to feedback. There's no point arguing about games releasing in an unfinished state because it's the fucked reality of the entire gaming industry.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
So is this game not as bad as people say?

Destiny 2 / No Man's Sky / Diablo 2 - all at launch.

Looks good, loot is fun, feels pretty good in combat, but everything else sucks. Itll be much better in a year, or itll be dead.

• 1Like