Bioware's "Anthem"

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
That list is somehow bad?

Yea, its disappointing that they are not starting the Act 1 rollout til the END of March, rather within March like everyone thought, and they didn't seem to sure about that. What was the doubling down on loot? They are removing white/greens, and are looking to make GM2 / GM3 more rewarding. They didn't mention increasing loot drops for GM1, but I didn't hear them saying they would never do so.

The list is basically they focused on the critical stuff that needs to get squashed asap and if it works as they intend looks like it should be correcting some of the real game breaking stuff some folks are running into. Honestly the act 1 roll out at the end of march makes some sense clearly the focus for the moment has to be getting the major crash issues and sound bug squashed and then quality of life fixes changes. They are also not just ignoring the loot issues but they are trying to turn a knob at a time so they can see how it works out in live play. If drop rates stay the same but you get rid of whites and greens and if purples/masterworks can fill those drops that may in effect seriously up the drop rates people are seeing. But kinda depends how that stuff is working on the back end. But if you have a finite loot table dropping junk from that table in theory should help a bunch.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The list is basically they focused on the critical stuff that needs to get squashed asap and if it works as they intend looks like it should be correcting some of the real game breaking stuff some folks are running into. Honestly the act 1 roll out at the end of march makes some sense clearly the focus for the moment has to be getting the major crash issues and sound bug squashed and then quality of life fixes changes. They are also not just ignoring the loot issues but they are trying to turn a knob at a time so they can see how it works out in live play. If drop rates stay the same but you get rid of whites and greens and if purples/masterworks can fill those drops that may in effect seriously up the drop rates people are seeing. But kinda depends how that stuff is working on the back end. But if you have a finite loot table dropping junk from that table in theory should help a bunch.
Oh I get all that. Its better to fix what is broken, rather than add in more stuff that might also break.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alterity

Molten Core Raider
The list is fine I guess for it's current state of the game, but these are all issues that should have never existed in the first place. I guess I have to accept that's the reality of the situation. They are however missing some bugs that still annoy me daily. The best part of the stream is they are releasing what the stats actually do today.

I have a feeling they are going to fall behind on delivering content. We never heard about the missing freeplay event that was supposed to happen in February. My tinfoil hat still thinks this is what caused the servers to crash last Friday night. Also, on the stream it sounded like the legendary missions might not even make it by March. He reiterated that the 90 day roadmap is what they are just working on and the timeline might not exactly follow that.

I am still playing the game and I still am enjoying it because I love flying and blowing things up but this game is going to lose a lot of people fast. Again I don't know what I was expecting but here's some things i'd like to see. I know some of these take longer than others but at least some new QOL feature would have helped.

• Finishing quickplay rewards a chest.
  • Broken FreePlay events (some things wont spawn that you need to collect)
  • Better indicators when someone is down. Removing respawn restrictions means I am no longer repairing anyone. I hope it's still there for bosses but we will see because if that's the case I don't care much about survivability because death no longer matters.
  • Chat
  • Strongholds disappearing from stronghold selection
  • Optimization on all platforms - CPU being pegged at 100% is a big one.
  • Armor customization (store upgrades) - at least lower the cooldown. Honestly EA should be up their ass on this one because who is spending real money to get the shit they have put out so far?
  • Stats
  • FoV slider
  • Putting support drops in GM tiers. Having to farm Hard for these is dumb and I haven't even bothered to go back and try to get inscriptions I want on them.
  • Map Indicators on FreePlay when someone in your session sees an event
  • Waypoints to help with navigation
  • Better way to mark and salvage items.
  • Speed up the vault so it doesn't take longer than the forge to salvage.
  • Vault bugs out on me when attempting to salvage items that belong to other javelins
  • Titans fireballs hitting you from nowhere
  • Unable to do damage to frozen enemies at times
  • After using my fireball on my storm, I will shoot one immediately afterwards when I am trying to charge it.
  • Health UI Bug - They still say it's a just a UI issue but I have a hard time believing that.
  • Consumables being eaten when you get in a broken mission.
  • Ability to convert lower tier embers to higher tiers.
  • At least increase the loot drops or tier the drops in GM2 and GM3 to make it worthwhile.
  • Some UI Improvements like organization and filters especially in the consumable section. There's a ton of opportunity to fix a lot here honestly.
  • Promote a person of your squad to leader
  • Gear comparison of currently equipped item at the end of a mission.
  • Mission/Stronghold/Quickplay select from freeplay
  • No longer needing to open task manager to exit completely out of the game.
Edit: they released the stats info:

Inscription Details

Last edited:

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Holy shit you broke this page harder than BioWare broke this game. 😜

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Seriously though with division 2 coming out and Ubi definitely releasing info on end game content to the point of almost spoiling it, they are gunning for it right now. And next week anthem may very well be a ghost town.

I don’t think BioWare has the time (next week lol) to even come close to fixing all the damage not only from a technical stand point, but from loot, bugs, etc. The Divison 2 train is coming and God help me, Ubisoft has been knocking it out of the park lately and it’s starting to look like anthem is a hanging curve call coming right at the meat of the bat, and Yves is up at the plate with bases loaded.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
They dont have the time for me. Sekiro is nearly here and anthem needs a lot to make me get on (Division doesn't interest me since playing the 1st one)

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seriously though with division 2 coming out and Ubi definitely releasing info on end game content to the point of almost spoiling it, they are gunning for it right now. And next week anthem may very well be a ghost town.

I don’t think BioWare has the time (next week lol) to even come close to fixing all the damage not only from a technical stand point, but from loot, bugs, etc. The Divison 2 train is coming and God help me, Ubisoft has been knocking it out of the park lately and it’s starting to look like anthem is a hanging curve call coming right at the meat of the bat, and Yves is up at the plate with bases loaded.
The state in which Anthem was released kinda ruined their plans (if they had any solid plans) for the Act 1 90-day rollout. March was going to be pretty difficult to hold interest even if Anthem had a much cleaner launch given Div 2, DmC5 and Sekiro all coming out. If Act 1 was already being deployed that would have helped, but seeing how they won't even start til the last week of March (lol), player pop will take a hit. I think they will recover for sure, but not til Summer (guessing).

Edit: Forgot to mention the new PoE league starting this Friday, that is where I'll be til Anthem shapes up.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They will have to basically have major content release, with tons more loot, tons more content, maybe a raid,... Basically think like Destiny Taken king expansion or Destiny 2 Forsaken. Major content drop which pretty much resets the game, almost a re-launch of sorts. And it will have to happen at the right time, basically a downturn in content in other games...

If they take the road of minor content drops here and there, this game will fall off most peoples radar, especially these days with tons of games to play.

• 2Like

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
They will have to basically have major content release, with tons more loot, tons more content, maybe a raid,... Basically think like Destiny Taken king expansion or Destiny 2 Forsaken. Major content drop which pretty much resets the game, almost a re-launch of sorts. And it will have to happen at the right time, basically a downturn in content in other games...

If they take the road of minor content drops here and there, this game will fall off most peoples radar, especially these days with tons of games to play.
This. They will need a 1.5/Gold Edition launch to recover, and even then it may not do it. The core is so much fun but there are only so many times you can shoot yourself in the foot and still march on.

• 2Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
There's a lot of buggy parts to various missions. Freelancer Down has a notorious part where the Dominion warp in and can get stuck forever. Some of the Contract random segment locations have you destroy 5 supply canisters but only 4 exist...etc.

It is very frustratingly badly QA'd for a AAA title.

• 1Solidarity

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, before release I expected to squeeze a month or so out of Anthem, but my interest is already waning.

It's a shame, because the game has a solid foundation. Unfortunately the execution has been rough. The biggest problem, for me, is that there just isn't enough content/variation and my bar is relatively low for options at launch.

I'm fairly confident that, unless abandoned by EA, Anthem will be a much better game next year, but there just isn't a compelling reason to play regularly today.

Last edited:

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
1552068004109.png

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The game was fine and rewarding until they decided to fuck with the loot. The first week, Prime release was the best, then the next week it even became better with their friday loot shower. The game actually felt fucking good. I remember I was in free play and within like a hour I had 5-6 masterwork and one legendary in my duffel.

Then they nerfed it all to shit.

Now granted, game is lacking content, but im sure more would stick around if they were actually rewarded with their play time. I did not quit because of lack of content, I quit because I played this game for hours with nothing to show for it.

You reach a point in all these games where you just end up replaying content over and over anyway.

• 1Like