Bioware's "Anthem"

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I don't know what it entirely is, but I still find myself playing this decently often. I still enjoy the combat w/ the added flight aspect aswell as just how gorgeous the game is. The game runs pretty well on my machine (on Ultra), so performance hasn't really been a big issue aside from the amount of load screens. Interesting thinking of what this could've been with just an even slightly more competent developer/publisher.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I don't know what it entirely is, but I still find myself playing this decently often. I still enjoy the combat w/ the added flight aspect aswell as just how gorgeous the game is. The game runs pretty well on my machine (on Ultra), so performance hasn't really been a big issue aside from the amount of load screens. Interesting thinking of what this could've been with just an even slightly more competent developer/publisher.
Hahaha, dude....it's so funny you just popped in here.

I was just posting in another thread about people singing/playing music/eating/belching/yelling at animals when using voice chat and it made me think of you. DaCat getting triggered AF in Destiny because of you belching into the mic is still one of my favorite memories from that game, along with our chinese buddy.

"DODGE DA HERPES!"

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
They did not need to nerf the Titans that hard, just fix it's attacks and our ability to combo mostly.

Dunno if they tweaked the drop rate today but I was running Freeplay to finish off world events for Challenge of Valor, MW were dropping left and right for me.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, reading the notes the titans sound like they're made of tissue paper now. Those changes should be for normal mode with them mostly undone by the higher difficulties.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They jsut need to fix his attacks so they didnt have such a huge fucking range on them, you dodge the shit and it still hits you. Other than that at least in GM1 I never had problems with them even solo. Took a while, but def doable.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Biggest issue with Titans in Freeplay or Contracts was that it was an order of magnitude more challenge than any other random segment with the same rewards. Should have allowed status effects (and hence combos) and then bumped up the drop rate on them.

I do now see support items dropping from GM1, which is okay if you still needed to farma good roll. Would rather see some Masterwork versions of the abilities.

They didn't mention it, but Mark of Ruin is fixed as well. Before it was triggering on Ultimate cool down instead of LB cool down.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Is this game shit? I get a free game with my new graphics card and it's either this or Metro Exodus (or Battlefield 5 but lol)

• 1Like

Ladro

Anomaly
Played a bunch last night when the loot drop rates were raining Masterworks and Legendaries, felt great and how it should be. Apparently that was unintentional again? What the absolute fuck?

I'm not sure if this is utter incompetence with development and deployment or ignorance in how the genre works. It's actually kind of baffling. I really enjoy the gameplay and flying around; it's pretty damn fun. Really wish they would get their shit together.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I would go Metro Exodus for the free game then grab Origin premiere for 1 month at $15

• 1Like

Ladro

Anomaly
Sure is.

99% chance metro is a better game, but I have more fun in Anthem.

Yeah, the core gameplay is really fun. There are some maddening things at times but it's redeemable if they could get their act together with patch deployment and their head out from underwater on some of the bugs.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Im hearing this patch made GM1 into hard mode. And GM2 now is just a but harder than GM1 was.

spronk

FPS noob
Is this game shit? I get a free game with my new graphics card and it's either this or Metro Exodus (or Battlefield 5 but lol)

metro exodus is way better. this is a boring ass game unless you are 100% playing all the time with 2-3 friends. story is shittier than mass effect andromeda, game mechanics are dull, the only cool thing is flying around a pretty decent open world like Iron Man but thats like 15 mins of fun.

I only finished the campaign last night after playing a few hours a week for 2 weeks, its really dull and pointless. The "end fight" is stupid boring. You end the campaign around level 20, you can't do the "proper loot grind" - GM1 version of 3 strikes, everyone apparently only does 1 - until you hit level 30. So now I gotta basically just grind 10 levels to even hit the end game loot grind.

fuck that noise, trading my game in over the weekend and maybe I'll come back in a year when they finally have some real content. Probably not.

If you have 2-3 people to play with I'm sure its fun, but pretty much any game is fun with friends. It does matchmake everything so no problems as a solo player, its just not very fun or rewarding or interesting.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
GM1 is silly easy mode compared to yesterday. GM2 feels a bit harder than GM1 was, but is easier I think. More loot from GM1 though. Yesterday is how loot should be always.