Bioware's "Anthem"

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Might be time to upgrade CPU. Was trying this out today and with just discord+ task manager up on 2nd monitor, was still showing 100% CPU usage almost entire time. That i5 6500 showing it's age. Dunno can't see much changing for that between now and feb 15th. Might just have to pass on game since I can't really have my CPU running at 100% and stay healthy.

Sounds like they are trying to fix the shitty consolitis UI and maybe the kind of janky feel when flying/swimming with KB/M based on and .

Argarth

On the verandah
So, they've just started work on the PC UI and controls... after 5 years. Nice effort chaps!

Looks like: Bare-bones full price release > cash shop into full swing/milk the stupid cunts with more money than sense > pinch off a couple of DLC loaves in the coming quarters.

Might actually be worth the $10-15 bucks I'll end up paying around Xmas time this year, for a quick run through.

Or, it will end up being a complete flop outright, and Bioware will finally be taken out the back and shot. I'll be ok with either outcome.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
What’s wrong with 100% cpu usage?

There's nothing inherently wrong with 100% cpu usage, though it can have a bigger system performance impact than 100% GPU, and indicates a likely CPU bottleneck. Thing to note though is many people see an aggregate usage on CPU instead of seeing per-core usage and the two are wildly different things.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
He’s saying it’s not healthy for his cpu and I’m curious why he thinks this.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Or they are using player feedback from the demos to tweak things before release....

• 1OK, Sure

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i'm not gonna bother even paying $15 for Origin Premiere and playing this at launch. I had zero fun doing pretty much anything, the "bosses" are all bullet sponges and its frustrating and confusing with all kinds of shit flying on the screen, adds constantly respawning, shields regenning quickly, etc. Tried two PUGs for hard mode and neither could make any headway on the last boss of the second mission of beta, when I switched to normal people died a lot but it eventually died but still took like 5-6 mins of people just shooting, LOS to regen, rinse and repeat.

If the gun play or movement felt good then I'd enjoy it but it all feels super shitty, I'd just feel pissed off at the game if I actually wanted to play. All the dialogue was boring and pretentious, was a bit immersion breaking too for a planet of refugees to have like 8 different accents.

On the plus side the beta ran a lot smoother this weekend. No connection issues really, although the constant loading screens (once you start a mission THERE SHOULD BE ONLY ONE LOADING SCREEN) was really annoying, and for some reason the task bar wouldn't hide anymore in bordered mode (did last week, might be a windows update).

So uh thanks for the beta, makes the game an easy pass.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know if it's a bug, but twice now I have killed the bug boss and got server disconnected right as we finished the battle. No loot for either run.

Gay.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
yeah i'm not gonna bother even paying $15 for Origin Premiere and playing this at launch. I had zero fun doing pretty much anything, the "bosses" are all bullet sponges and its frustrating and confusing with all kinds of shit flying on the screen, adds constantly respawning, shields regenning quickly, etc. Tried two PUGs for hard mode and neither could make any headway on the last boss of the second mission of beta, when I switched to normal people died a lot but it eventually died but still took like 5-6 mins of people just shooting, LOS to regen, rinse and repeat.

If the gun play or movement felt good then I'd enjoy it but it all feels super shitty, I'd just feel pissed off at the game if I actually wanted to play. All the dialogue was boring and pretentious, was a bit immersion breaking too for a planet of refugees to have like 8 different accents.

On the plus side the beta ran a lot smoother this weekend. No connection issues really, although the constant loading screens (once you start a mission THERE SHOULD BE ONLY ONE LOADING SCREEN) was really annoying, and for some reason the task bar wouldn't hide anymore in bordered mode (did last week, might be a windows update).

So uh thanks for the beta, makes the game an easy pass.
Do you have multiple monitors and alt tab to the other screen? I have Taskbar issues with several games due to having two monitors at different resolutions.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I really want to like this game, but i need some longevity. I cant see myself playing the same strongholds over and over again. This goes back to needing to see more of whats in the open world or just not purchasing this at all.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
They should of opened up the game to level 10 with progress carrying over to live.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really want to like this game, but i need some longevity. I cant see myself playing the same strongholds over and over again. This goes back to needing to see more of whats in the open world or just not purchasing this at all.

For me, Anthem is looking like a Borderlands 2 experience. My best friend and I played the shit out of it for a month or so, had a ton of fun, and then never looked back. I hope the future content can keep me periodically interested, but if not, no big deal.

kahilm

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would maybe pay $15 for 1 month of access through Origin premium or whatever it's called, but not with the 1) excessive screen shaking with every ability, 2) no FOV slider, and 3) extremely zoomed in camera without the ability to pull it back. I never get sick playing games but this feels way to frenetic and claustrophobic to the point of giving me a headache when I try to play.

Stave

Potato del Grande
I was looking forward to this one, but I think I'll wait until they do their 2 or 3 patches to fix their major launch flaws, and then sell the game for $20. In the meantime I'll play The Division 2. After what they turned The Division 1 into, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and hoping TD2 comes out with a strong launch.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I would maybe pay $15 for 1 month of access through Origin premium or whatever it's called, but not with the 1) excessive screen shaking with every ability, 2) no FOV slider, and 3) extremely zoomed in camera without the ability to pull it back. I never get sick playing games but this feels way to frenetic and claustrophobic to the point of giving me a headache when I try to play.
The frenetic aspect made me question if I was too old for video games. No, it's the kids who are wrong.

• 2Like

Terial

Trakanon Raider
played tonight for a bit, hilarity ensued when my friends and i started a mission and i loaded in without a head, unable to use any guns, unlimited grenades (which only exploded at my feet)
yea, this game has issues lol
apologies for video quality or length (2ish minutes) as my editing skills suck and the upload was from the PS4

• 1Worf

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Been really having fun with the Storm but decided to give the Colossus a whirl to see what tanking is like. It really doesn't feel like a tank despite the taunt ability. It was far easier for me to gain aggro with the Storm AE abilities than the Collosus 'War Cry', especially given the Collosus lack of mobility. In addition it feels pretty squishy even with the shield deployed, and only Armor mods equipped... doubly so when facing incoming missiles that are meant to be dodged since the shield replaces the dodge button.

Hosix

All labs matter!
I played this for an hour last night on PS4. I am kind of “meh” on it. Flying definitely adds to the game but the gun play is average at best.

I get that it’s a demo. It’s like destiny 3.0 in robot suits.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I was meh, but now that I'm getting a lot of different guns/perks/skills and finding the javelin I like I'm starting to dig it. Took a lot mouse changes as well. Might have to do the 1 month thing since the end game seems weak as fuck.