Bioware's "Anthem"

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
game unlocks at 7am PDT / 10am EDT Feb 15th for anyone wondering, like me. for basic bitch access folks thats when you can (maybe) download it and then play yer 10 hours

YxxanYxxan

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm gonna try it with my EA Access, but I have low expectations from the beta. Servers seem to be up now.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
So Origin Basic is supposed to get a 10 hour trial with early access right? Trying to fire it up but screaming at me the game doesn't launch until the 22nd. I'm bummed.

edit: Customer support fixing me up. Crisis averted!

Last edited:

YxxanYxxan

Lord Nagafen Raider
The performance seem to be _a bit_ better... still choppy on my 1080 ti/8700k.

Edit: Also the story...lol >_<
Edit2: Hah performance is still really bad... like some fights in 30 fps or LOWER....

Last edited:

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
So some people have gotten in and checked the cosmetic store. Looks like you can buy 1050 fun bucks for about 10 dollars US and an epic quality armor look set is about 850 funbucks so roughly 8 dollarsish so pretty in line with such things in other games. You can buy it for coins but it is too early to get a feel for how fast you get coins yet.

spronk

FPS noob
i had to restart origin a bunch of times but i finally got Anthem to show up under Origin Access > Play First Trials, and it let me install from there. A freaking 51 gig download on PC.

Also downloading Crackdown 3 on xbox (gamepass), Metro Exodus is also out today.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
12 lancers fail an impossible mission and now all of society hates you. I'll take the Mars story

That actually sounds entirely plausible. People put unreasonable expectations onto a small groups of elites to do something there is no chance of success and when they fail throw the survivors to the wolves.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I just started, but the problem with the story so far is they throw a million different made up names and words at you so they might as well be speaking Chinese. I took a few minutes to read through the in-game codex so I can at least try to follow the story.

On the plus side, UI seems more pc friendly. Flying still feels a little weird but it's better. Need to either get used to it or tweek some sliders.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i when it comes to made up names and places, i LOVE how pathfinder: kingmaker does it. they highlight the foreign stuff and if you mouse over it, a short little box of relevant information pops up. i think a few other games have done similar stuff but kingmaker is the most recent one in memory to do that

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
i when it comes to made up names and places, i LOVE how pathfinder: kingmaker does it. they highlight the foreign stuff and if you mouse over it, a short little box of relevant information pops up. i think a few other games have done similar stuff but kingmaker is the most recent one in memory to do that

Just recently finished Tyranny which did that and was literally thinking how more games should do that while I was playing this.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At the end of the tutorial you end up with 160k Coin, which will let you buy both of the current Epic skins (Ranger / Colo). Seems all my Javelins are unlocked... by lvl3. Can run around as any of them. Voice acting is the only good aspect to the Story, but I wasn't expecting much tbh, so it doesn't really matter. Really hope as you progress you get more options to buy different types of "wear" costmetic... you get a Dirty and Aged by default and they both totally screw up how all other cosmetics look.

Performanc is "meh" at best for me with a 1060. Should improve with the 22nd patch, I hope. Somehow lost the Seeker Missle on my Ranger when I equipped the "legendary" Pulse Blast (sucks).

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So watching some streams right now at work, and holy shit those loading screens. Is that shit for real in 2019?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
I really don't like all the little sub menus/screens when launching a mission. Also seems to weird out, I tried to do the one to look for embers but it put me in the one to look for the arcanist guy(which I just completed previously).

Edit: Hmm tried to do the ember mission 3 times now. Each time I fly off from the spawn point the game just freezes and I have to end task.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user