Bioware's "Anthem"

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yes and no. The first one occurs in the same location as another quest and is very similar, but the encounter is 10x harder and more involved, with a lot more mobs, *much* stronger mobs, lots of flying machine gun fuckers, tons of snipers, and a lot more tank fuckers, even at the same difficulty level. You have to plan out your approach as there's no respawns at any of the legs of the encounter. We've been doing nothing but Hard the entire leveling experience. Doing the first stronghold even with 4 bros, ranging between 14-22, took us about 40 minutes, 3 wipes. Doing that shit with randos would be expectedly annoyingly difficult, especially when a lvl 9 somehow gets into your group. Performing the mission that takes place in the same area at the same difficulty level takes less than 10 minutes.

Thus the answer is just a yes - adding mobs and difficulty in the same exact area is just what he stated isnt it? Thats the whole end game issue that was raised before - When you hit max level youre going to end up doin the same 3 strongholds over and over again at varying degrees of difficulty. I am hoping that there is much more to it than that but ive not read much regarding it having more.

Molten Core Raider
I cant get the 3 rezzes, I have 2 done but hardly no one fucking dies in this game. Its the only thing I have left.

There's a mission for that Sentinel Brin chick, it was her third mission I think it was, where you gotta protect some arcanists while they fuck around with a relic. Their guards go down throughout the encounter and you can rez them back up. They supposedly count but I havent been back to the tomb myself to verify (friend said it worked for him though).

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
You won't just be repeating the Stongholds, you will be repeating contracts and whatever other world events they do over time. We ran a lot of GM1 Missions/Contracts today and there is some challenging stuff at the moment.

Already got my 15 out of it, will continue to play.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I cant get the 3 rezzes, I have 2 done but hardly no one fucking dies in this game. Its the only thing I have left.

Are you doing all your missions on Hard?

NPC sentinals in open world should count for that too (there's a Sentinal camp outside of Fort when you duck through the tunnel to the first tomb, keep going past the tomb to get to it). I had 95% of that quest line done before I had to do it for progression. The only thing I needed to actively farm was the chests.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You won't just be repeating the Stongholds, you will be repeating contracts and whatever other world events they do over time. We ran a lot of GM1 Missions/Contracts today and there is some challenging stuff at the moment.

Already got my 15 out of it, will continue to play.
I see this game being pretty fun with a group like you have! Pretty good stuff!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So I was in freeroam and got a 2min warning that server was shutting down so thought "Cool maybe they'll patch some bugs out". Logged out of the game then turned on an anthem streamer to see if htey had more info on why servers were going down.. They were still playing. So the freeroam instances can shut down on you? Would suck if I had been in the middle of something but was just traveling between tombs for the trials thankfully.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I was in freeroam and got a 2min warning that server was shutting down so thought "Cool maybe they'll patch some bugs out". Logged out of the game then turned on an anthem streamer to see if htey had more info on why servers were going down.. They were still playing. So the freeroam instances can shut down on you? Would suck if I had been in the middle of something but was just traveling between tombs for the trials thankfully.
Had this on day 1 and I suspect it's 2 hours? The free roam I was in never kicked me out.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
I am in the last tomb. but there doesn't seem to be anything to click like the previous three tombs. The cypher mentioned something like maybe we should salute her.

1550460785471.png

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Maybe go back to the fort and try again if you haven't? Might need to "save" your progress.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Reading this thread is mostly a real bummer. I was excited for the game and really the world/lore. Meh on the first and strikeout on the second? But look at all the WAAAAAMEN THEY hired. Does anyone care anymore? It could robots for all I care (more than likely treated as such and probably will be in a few decades): Go make a good fucking game. I have three copies of this coming on two platforms, PC and Xbox to play with my kids. At least we will have time to talk. Got sucked into the hype for ME:A, but never again, Bioware: it's dead, Jim. Time for EA to make this skinsuit:

View attachment 195103
Take the complaints in here is a few lumps of salt. No one is outright wrong, its just a matter of a persons disappointment at the game not being exactly how they hoped it would be (right now, if ever).

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thus the answer is just a yes - adding mobs and difficulty in the same exact area is just what he stated isnt it? Thats the whole end game issue that was raised before - When you hit max level youre going to end up doin the same 3 strongholds over and over again at varying degrees of difficulty. I am hoping that there is much more to it than that but ive not read much regarding it having more.
No, people will be doing the one stronghold that is the most efficient to do. Right now, people are just doing the first encounter of the Scar stronghold and leaving, while others are just chest farming Freeplay. These are the "hardcore" types who poopsuck as much as they can as quickly as they can. But given the ramp up in difficulty and the gear deficiency between Epic and Masterwork. Doesn't appear to be any reason to do all three of the strongholds at GM1+ since there is no activity specific loot.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I watch Bahroo yesterday and today playing it. He was doing GM1 Monitor with his subs ~430 level. Fight took nearly an hour (if the mission didn't soft lock before, which is did 95% of the time) and they wiped at the end.

Tuning seems really off, story/characters are awful.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Agree with almost all of this, and it doesn’t even include end game issues etc

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

YxxanYxxan

Lord Nagafen Raider
I’ve grinded my teeth and continued to play Anthem. I’ve had several missions that we had to abort because enemies got stuck somewhere where you cant reach/see them. The story picks up a little bit in the middle, but over all it’s pretty bad. This game is super short, I ended up finishing the last boss after 13 hours (and that includes the time we had to reset missions AND the stupid tomb quest grind).

I got a call just when the credits started to roll. Got back 25 min later and it still wasn’t finished. Considering the amount of people who worked on this game it’s a huge failure. It definately has potential/can be fun in short bursts - but I would never ever spend full price or even half the price on this.

Thank you EA for letting me finish this game on EA Access that ended today :D

Last edited:
  • 1Like

kahilm

Blackwing Lair Raider
How long until the failure of this game is blamed on the racist, sexist alt-right?

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I got this game for free with my GPU, so I can't really be too butthurt about it(I had 0 interest prior to this), but after playing just the intro I was kind of digging it. Disappointed to read it blows. Maybe they'll patch up some of the suck.

• 1Like

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I got this game for free with my GPU, so I can't really be too butthurt about it(I had 0 interest prior to this), but after playing just the intro I was kind of digging it. Disappointed to read it blows. Maybe they'll patch up some of the suck.

Lots of quality of life fixes coming with the Day 1 patch and beyond from what it seems. Especially in terms in crashing, loading, and quest bugs.