Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (2020)

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I just watched this too, I thought the Harley Quinn character was the best thing from Suicide Squad. Hot as fuck, plus also the zany goofy comedy she bought.

But this was terrible, they removed most of her sexiness and the storyline just was a jumbled mess.

Yeah and her accent was notably different in the film, mostly her voice over work was a comedic 1940's new yorker ( I think ) which sounded nothing like her speech in the rest of the film.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah I thought it was just me but her accent was very uneven. In SS she had it down pat. Here in a starring role its like she phoned it in.
they probably knew it was gonna be shit with the changes to the character and a different director who probably had no idea what Harley Quinn was about.

new director: what? this character is a sexbomb psychopath who is in an abusive submissive relationship with her boyfriend? NO. she breaks up with him and is now free to express herself and get even with the patriarchy. make it so!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
This arrived on netflix so I watched it. It was a pretty tough slog.. movie is quite boring.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I just watched this too, I thought the Harley Quinn character was the best thing from Suicide Squad. Hot as fuck, plus also the zany goofy comedy she bought.

But this was terrible, they removed most of her sexiness and the storyline just was a jumbled mess.

Yeah and her accent was notably different in the film, mostly her voice over work was a comedic 1940's new yorker ( I think ) which sounded nothing like her speech in the rest of the film.

Disagree. Thought they were trying to force Harley Quinn to be a breakout character, which isn't how that works

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
It wasn't that bad. I liked how real the crazy fighting stunts looked. It was jarring at first, then I realized that was closer to how it would look if done for real. Like I remember her drop kicking a guy and you could see her rebound off of him and hit the ground; then she was slow to get back up. About halfway through I remembered everyone bitching about her wearing too much clothing and I tried to watch for it, but then I realized I'm better off not being a miserable cunt and went back to enjoying the movie. Maybe I'm just lucky because I'm a face guy and they will never do anything to cover up a pretty face.

All in all better than suicide squad. By DC movie standards it ranks pretty high.

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This is absolutely terrible. The feminist/SJW is strong in this movie. Glad I didn't rent or pay for it. This movie is asstastic. Of course they would blame men for the shit box office this movie got.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Disagree. Thought they were trying to force Harley Quinn to be a breakout character, which isn't how that works

I think the actress being a "breakout" herself influenced their decision to try to make Harley Quinn a breakout character.

Her agent/Simp writers/producer all played a part in forcing this movie. If it were just 1 head of studio calling the shot, I think it doesn't get made. The story was weak and the creative decisions were junk. De-sexing a sexy breakout actress shouldn't have been allowed for starters.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think the actress being a "breakout" herself influenced their decision to try to make Harley Quinn a breakout character.

Her agent/Simp writers/producer all played a part in forcing this movie. If it were just 1 head of studio calling the shot, I think it doesn't get made. The story was weak and the creative decisions were junk. De-sexing a sexy breakout actress shouldn't have been allowed for starters.
and now she went from breakout star to box office flop. she needs to get a better agent. one that wont allow her career to be gutpunched so quickly

• 1Like

Cybsled

Harley Quinn was already a popular character. I think they just over estimated the draw in a live action setting with tepid scripts.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Harley Quinn was already a popular character. I think they just over estimated the draw in a live action setting with tepid scripts.
I dont get why. I grew up on the 90s cartoon and always hated her and found her annoying as fuck. Warner Bros pushing her down our throats and making her like a Disney princess to young girls is pathetic.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I hated her as a kid too. Until I started liking girls.